Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Can someone please please help me?!

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi there, just read this whole thread and i now have tears in my eyes, i just want to say that you are so brave and i really do hope that things work out for you
  • Options
    It sounds like a living nightmare. The worst thing about it is how unsupportive your family is.

I can't really say much to help really, but I wish you all the best and hope that things get better for you.
  • Options
    I think the fact that you've stayed so strong proves you'll be able to do this. I also agree that you could be careful what you say to people, even if you think they're there to help you.
    Has your mum said anything to indicate what she's worried about? I know most mum's wouldn't want their teenage daughter to get pregnant, but can you think of a reason for her being like this? Did she have her own plans for you, or was she a teenage mother herself? Maybe if you talk to her about your plans for when the baby is born, for example, if you intend to go to college or take a year out, she'll feel more reassured?
    You definately need to do more for yourself, like having a long bath or spending time reading a magazine. Try to do something for you at least every few days. Like everyone who's left a message says, you're a brave, strong person who's doing really well handling this. You don't deserve how people are treating you but I think they'll change when you prove you can do this.
    I hope the situation improves soon.
  • Options
    Hi how are you getting on? I think you need to keep all the horrible texts your ex has been sending you, I'm sure the malicious calls bureau would be able to deal with it in some way. The Samaritans are very good, they usually email back within a day or too! I think whats getting to your & your ex's parents is the fact that they have NO control over the situation! Every decision now, is up to YOU! Thats why they're all being so horrible, & literally stamping their feet like children! Trying to make you do things their way. Ignore it. Follow your GUT feeling, what feels right for YOU? Lots of Love XXx I will pray for you.
  • Options
    Hello all!
    I am pretty ok today, found out I no longer have to wear my rank school kilt, woohoo. Ahh little things. And my year head has found me a young mums group near by, which is specially for girls who want to carry on with education etc. She has been amazing and along with everyone on here, I am so grateful.

I have a new Sim as well as hopefully my ex will leave me alone now.

As for my mum, well she is back home now, after her lovely holiday. She still isn't speaking to me and if I'm honest I can't see this changing. I have clearly disappointed her and let her down and the only way she will be happy is if I have an abortion and that isn't going to happen. I wish she could see this and I can't explain how unhappy I am that she won't speak to me, and I don't want my baby to be born with so many people hating me. I have tried to talk to my mum, so it isn't like I'm not trying. She just doesn't want to know. So I don't really know what to do =\

Thank you so much everyone for your help and advice.

Ps, I am NOT wearing maternity jeans!!!
  • Options
    Amilie, I am so glad that things are starting to work out for you! =]

Also, why not use your pregnancy as an excuse to buy some cute dresses? They'll keep your tummy nice and free of tightness =]
  • Options
    I'm not really a very dressy person =\

I forgot to say, one of my friends apologised earlier, for how she had treated me. Am I being really paranoid in not trusting her now?
  • Options
    I'm not really a very dressy person =\

I forgot to say, one of my friends apologised earlier, for how she had treated me. Am I being really paranoid in not trusting her now?

She's given you reason enough not to. At least she has apologised. But yes, she's going to have to prove to you that she can be trusted.
  • Options
    it will be nice to have a friendly face around. and someone of my own age to speak to.
    a simple life would be so good.
  • Options
    Ahahah you say that you don't want to wear them now but later you won't have much choice - top shop do some really nice ones though and you wouldnt' be able to tell that they were maternity jeans - though tbh the giant bump is normally a bit of a give away.

Its nice of your friend to appologise - it probably took quite a lot of guts for her to do so - but your right not to trust her - just take things easy and see how they go.

Don't worry about your mum for the moment and conentrate on you and making plans for your future, the group sounds great and you will probably get lots of tips from the other girls.
  • Options
    I'm glad things are starting to work out for you now :)

I think you just need to give your mum some time and let her get her head around things. Don't forget I bet it's come as a massive shock to her too!
    IfI was in your position I think my mum would be acting exactly the same :(

I'd just show her how well you are coping and carrying on with school and soon enough she will get her head around it and become excited about the prospect of having a baby around :)
  • Options
    I'm not thinking about the giant bump yet. And I am going to avoid all things drawstring with my life!

I am not liking the whole peeing like crazy thing. Just why?!
  • Options
    Maybe you could wear dresses over the trousers you already have but leave the zip/buttons open. A lot of cheap shops do empire line dresses which would be perfect for a growing bump.
  • Options
    They don't have drawstrings so you will be safe and you won't need them for another 6 or 7 weeks yet either.
  • Options
    I am not liking the whole peeing like crazy thing. Just why?!

Its to do with the baby growing and all of the stuff around it like the placenta and ameotic fluid etc which pushes on your bladder - i think there might also be some hormonal things as well.
  • Options
    I think I might make a little home by the toilet. What with peeing and being sick I am always in there. Although the sickness has eased a bit now. Onion bhaji crisps help. Of all the things...
  • Options
    unless you are incredibly incredibly slim/lucky, if youre gonna keep this baby, then you will need maternity jeans at some point.
    Topshop ones are nice, but pricey considering you only need them for a few months. Peacocks have a great maternity range for really cheap, and newlook do them too. Cheaper than topshop, and dorothy perkins
  • Options
    On average, how much does your dress size increase by? I am guessing I won't be staying at size 6.
  • Options
    Gawd i do have expensive taste in jeans i thought that £30 for the topshop ones was a bargain but i just googled the peacocks and they are like £15
  • Options
    you can stay a size 6 in maternity clothes...
  • Options
    Haha! Topshop jeans are rubbish though. The die has run out of mine and instead of being black they are now navy blue.

How can I stay a size 6? I will be all fat and round :S
  • Options
    Haha! Topshop jeans are rubbish though. The die has run out of mine and instead of being black they are now navy blue.

How can I stay a size 6? I will be all fat and round :S

Because maternity clothes are designed around your growing bump.
  • Options
    Ohhh. Yep I knew that. To be fair, I haven't ever had any need to look at maternity wear and the design of them never really crossed my mind.
  • Options
    You can get some really nice maternity clothes. I've been tempted to buy some of the maternity range at work before cos I liked the clothes so much... But they didn't look quite right without a bump.
  • Options
    You could shove a pillow up there?
    No shut up Amilie.
  • Options
    In Mama's and Papa's they have these wierd stick on bump things you put on to see how the clothes will fit when your much more pregnant. But they are kind of scary...
  • Options
    On average, how much does your dress size increase by? I am guessing I won't be staying at size 6.

It depends if you only gain weight on your bump or whether you put it on all over. You cant tell in advance as everyones different and every pregnancy is different so dont buy maternity until your normal clothes dont fit anymore
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote: »
    In Mama's and Papa's they have these wierd stick on bump things you put on to see how the clothes will fit when your much more pregnant. But they are kind of scary...

that is really weird...

my year head wants a meeting with my mum and she wants my mental health nurse there too.
  • Options
    Would be nice if your mother bothered to speak to you in this meeting.

She's acting like a spoiled child that didn't get her way.
  • Options
    It would be nice if she spoke to me full stop. This silence is doing my head in. It is hard to explain but the silence seems so loud..if that makes sense. It is like living with a three year old. I keep trying to talk to her, just asking simple things, so it isn't like I am even talking about the pregnancy. There is only me and my mum in the house but I might as well be living alone.
This discussion has been closed.