Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Can someone please please help me?!

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm not doing a good job. I want to curl up in a ball and die. Too many people hate me. Too many people don't want to know. I honestly want to down a bottle of vodka, have an overdose and die.

This isn't how I want it to be. And it sounds so stupid, but I want my mum.

:crying:

Wow - I really do feel for you. :(

I don't want to come across as a complete arse, but do you really think that having this baby is the right thing to do?! I know you want to keep it, and I doubt you've thought of much else, but you've no support network (I honestly hope it improves), nothing, it seems. It sounds like your name is utter mud amongst everybody you know.

I really, really do hope that things get better for you. Please don't do anything stupid with vodka or anything else, but I really do think you need to look at the BIG picture here. Again. It sounds like, for now at least, you're going to have to do this completely and utterly by yourself! I'm coming up 30 this year, and forget the fact that I am a bloke, but that would scare the crap out of me.

I'm not saying that having a termination is a simple thing to decide, but at the moment it seems like you are an outcast. I'm one of the strongest people that I know, as few things phase me and I deal with things very well, but the thought of having utterly nobody to turn too would possibly be too much, even for me. If you do decide to still go ahead with this, I'm not sure how you would cope, going on your last few posts. They don't come across well at all, and I'm becoming very concerned.
  • Options
    She can't come with me. I did ask her, but she said that it isn't appropriate.

I can't get rid of the baby. I can't explain why, but it is wrong. People aren't ever going to forgive me. It is the only thing I have left. So without my baby there is nothing. But it would be so much easier to have an abortion. Because as time goes on people will hate me more and I will get more abuse from people at school. Strangers will look at me as though I am scum. And my mum will carry on hating me.

What is the point of me being here? This is one big pile of shit and I hate it so much and I wish it never happened and I wish I wasn't here.
  • Options
    if youre actually seriously feeling suicidal, then what choice do you have. You say you dont want an abortion because its killing the baby, but if you die, then the baby dies too. What about a grandparent or something, or an aunt?
  • Options
    You know - without trying to over-simplify things here, but I do think that people's attitudes would change if the baby were no longer part of the equation.

So, you're contemplating taking yourself out of the equation, but not the baby? I think that is quite a serious downturn in your mental state. Have you spoken to your mental health worker, or school people, about this specific point?
  • Options
    You say you dont want an abortion because its killing the baby, but if you die, then the baby dies too.

Exactly the point I was trying to make.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    g_angel wrote: »
    You know - without trying to over-simplify things here, but I do think that people's attitudes would change if the baby were no longer part of the equation.

I've not really been in a similar situation, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want my "friends" to be people who are only nice to me because I did what they told me to and wouldn't be otherwise...
  • Options
    I've not really been in a similar situation, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want my "friends" to be people who are only nice to me because I did what they told me to and wouldn't be otherwise...

I'm not really referring to friends. Her entire family don't want to know. I'd much rather have my family around me for something like this. Friends at 16 don't always last into your 20's etc.
  • Options
    i can't get rid of it! please don't ask me to.

i'm not telling my mental health nurse. she will section me. then my mum will go mental and hate me more. and i really dont need that.

if i die then everyone is happy. no me & no baby. but if i have an abortion then i am still unhappy and people will still hate me.
  • Options

i'm not telling my mental health nurse.

I think this is a big mistake.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I'm not really referring to friends. Her entire family don't want to know. I'd much rather have my family around me for something like this. Friends at 16 don't always last into your 20's etc.
    When I say friends I mean people who (supposedly) care for you, and that includes family. If they only like you because you obeyed and disregarded your own thoughts and feelings, they're not worth being around either.
    (I'd really think the above was obvious...)
    I think this is a big mistake.
    Totally agreed there.
  • Options
    she will section me. and i really don't need/want the consequences of this.
  • Options
    When I say friends I mean people who (supposedly) care for you, and that includes family. If they only like you because you obeyed and disregarded your own thoughts and feelings, they're not worth being around either.

Fair point. But if everybody has turned on you, then you really do have to start thinking about things differently in a situation like this.

A lot of people may say "Oh, just think about you and the baby", but when it really does come down to "just you and the baby", as nobody else will be involved at all, then I think that comes a little unstuck.

It's not helped by somebody that sounds like she is a pretty shit person (her mum). I'd love to be able to offer this girl a helping hand, if I could.
  • Options
    I wish I could tell you that she won't section you, but in my experience people are quick to jump to insane conclusions. Maybe other people on here have had more positive experiences?
    It sounds harsh and probably won't help, but people are being unbelievably selfish in the way they're treating you. They don't deserve for you to care what they think. I know there's probably no word for how difficult this is for you, but if you can you should try to concentrate on your plans for the future. You will be ok.
  • Options
    But if everybody has turned on you, then you really do have to start thinking about things differently in a situation like this.

like what? abortion?
  • Options
    Yes.
  • Options
    no no no no no.

I can't.
  • Options
    To follow that up:

1. You're suicidal, yet don't want to terminate.
    2. You won't tell your nurse, and so won't get some of the only support you have.
    3. You have seemingly no other support from friends or family.

You really need to speak to a professional about this as you seem to be backing yourself into a corner. You said before that the baby is the only thing you have right now. Do you think this is the reason you are clinging so tightly onto it? Not to say that is the only reason.
  • Options
    Whether I am here or not doesn't make any difference to anyone. People have made it clear that they think so little of me.
  • Options
    When it comes to the idea of abortion, I think it's got to be more about what you can live with rather than what makes sense if you think rationally. I think considering the situation you might have to accept that having the baby will mean being completely on your own. Would this be easier or harder to live with than having an abortion?
    I think g_angel is saying that how you're feeling isn't good for the baby, and if you hurt yourself because of it you'll hurt the baby too. But whether you have an abortion or not has to be based on how you feel. Adoption is another possibility.
    You need to make the decision. From what you've said so far, I think you've proved your mature and responsible enough to decide what you want to do.
  • Options
    I think g_angel is saying that how you're feeling isn't good for the baby, and if you hurt yourself because of it you'll hurt the baby too.

That's certainly a big part of it.
  • Options
    I might be wrong, but it sounds like the baby isn't really the problem. It's other people's selfish reactions that's causing this. In practical terms it doesn't really help, but it could mean that having an abortion will mean there's no baby but people have still reacted the way they have, so Amile Rose won't have support in dealing with that either. I might be completely wrong about this so if I am fel free to ignore it.
  • Options
    No way to tell who is right or wrong when it comes to us lot commenting on it from the other side of our screens. When it comes to that, it's all we can do. It's certainly not something we should or could get into a moral argument about, that's for sure.

What is for damned sure, and what cannot possibly be disputed is the simply fucking dreadful treatment of this girl by people she should be able to rely on.
  • Options
    :banghead:

everything is such a fucking mess.

i rang my mental health nurse.

:crying:
  • Options
    Did it help?
    Maybe your mental health nurse is the best person to talk to about the lack of support.
  • Options
    She is going to come and see me. Should be here in 45 minutes. She will section me, I know she will. And my mum will go mental.
    What have I done? :(
  • Options
    I think you should be entirely honest with the nurse.
  • Options
    She can't section you without permission from 2 doctors, which I don't think she'll get in the next 45 minutes. If you're worried maybe you could tell her how you feel rather than the destrcutive things you think about doing. Considering the situation, feeling as bad as you do should be expected so I don't think they'll be a reason to section you unless you do try to hurt yourself. Would your mental health nurse be able to help you find solutions to your problems, or other forms of support?
  • Options
    i am so scared. i want a hug so badly.

i can't do this. i hate it. i hate me.
  • Options
    She's there to help you, so I don't think there's a reason to be scared. I'll admit I don't trust any health professional but that's because of a completely different situation, so don't be scared by anything I say. I don't think you should say that you've thought of hurting yourself but, other than that, you should tell her how you feel. Does she just sit and listen to you or does she offer advice? If talking to her means you feel a little bit better then that's important, because you shouldn't have to feel like this.
  • Options
    maybe it wont be so bad if she sections you.At least youll have support then, and it will be different this time because youre pregnant. For a start they wont be able to drug you up
This discussion has been closed.