Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Can someone please please help me?!

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Report her to the police. Seriously. You don't need this sort of harassment.
  • Options
    Agree about reporting her to the police.
  • Options
    If you can face it, I'd go to the police, maybe with your MHN? The harrassment has gotten way out of hand and now your life is being threatened, it needs to be dealt with and taken seriously.

Incidentally, I know someone who became pregnant, and her ex soon made tracks. He (and his parents - by the way, this guy was in his mid 30s) started harrassing her, sending her long emails pressuring her to have an abortion, how she would be an unfit mother etc. She went to the police, they were very supportive. In the end, they were under no circumstances to contact her, they did once again, the police went round and she heard nothing from them after that.

I can't believe the shit you've been dealt with, I want to give you a hug. Something tells me this will be the making of you :yes:
  • Options
    Keep the message and give it to your head of year. I would also consider going to the police as well if she carries on. I'm sure a visit from them might shut her up as a criminal record isn't exactly the best thing to put on your CV.

Regarding the money - you need to work out what you've got left and make a budget of how much you need going forward. If you do go ahead and have the baby and assuming your mum still refuses to support you - you will have £90 per week to live on - thats to buy stuff for you and the baby and to pay bills electricity etc - so its probably worth getting some practice in now.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    katchika wrote: »
    Definitely. It's crossed one line too many now.
  • Options
    katchika wrote: »

Do it.
  • Options
    I don't want to go to the police. I don't want them involved. It is too much extra stuff to deal with which sounds so pathetic I know but I don't want anything else to think about.

As for the money, I have a grand total of £83 left. I am not a big eater (bad I know) and I brought some food on Saturday so hopefully it will last a while.
  • Options
    . She said I had better watch out or I will die and she is glad that I was in hospital and could have lost the baby. When she gets back to school she will "make me sorry for everything I have ever done and make my life so hard, breathing will be impossible".

:(

she is really fucking stupid as well as twisted. The obvious thing is keep the messages to call the police and let them listen to the messages. That is what I would do. Get an injunction against her.
  • Options
    Yes report her to the police, that'll shut her gutter mouth. A nice big Cop turning up at her mammy's door will but the frighteners on her! Plus if I were you I'd be looking into sending a her a solicitors letter, stating that if she doesn't leave you alone you will be looking into starting proceedings for slander/liable, which ever applies for defaming your character! Get advice from your year head. Keep the messages on the machine, keep a copy of everything she's done/written, she could be facing some serious charges here. I'm sure you can get free legal aid. Well once the hospital say all us ok then thats good! I'd say it's just your womb is stretching thats causing the pain. They'll keep an eye on you, so thats good. have you had a scan & seen the heartbeat? thats such a cool moment!
  • Options
    I don't want to go to the police. I don't want them involved. It is too much extra stuff to deal with which sounds so pathetic I know but I don't want anything else to think about.

You really should get as much help as you can here. Getting abusive and threatening calls and messages etc is not going to help you in the slightest. If she thinks she can play games like this, I think she needs showing that it isn't on in the real world.
  • Options
    Shes got that typical teenage bully attitude of thinking that there are no consequences to your actions. She probably thinks noone can tell her off except her mum or something. Shes commiting a pretty serious criminal offence and it needs to be dealt with by the police
  • Options
    I have had a scan yes, but I honestly can't remember much, which is a shame. I was pretty out of it. But I have my 12 week one next week so hopefully I will manage not to pass out and will actually be able to register with what is happening.

If the Jessica thing carries on then I will do something. But I really don't want to.
  • Options
    Sorry sweetie, it's all very well for us to be giving you advice, coz were all looking at this from our own perspectives! you don't have to go to the police if you don't want to, but do keep all a copy of everything. Maybe once you;ve had the baby, then you might feel you want to go ahead & take action. The less stress for now the better. But you need to get the hassle stopped. What does you year head think?
  • Options
    Is there any way I can keep a copy of the messages without them being on the answering machine?

My year head doesn't know about these messages, only the ones on msn and on here. She seemed to think the matter had been dealt with and that was that. By no means I am accusing her of not taking it seriously, because she did, but it was clear once they had been suspended that was the end of it all. I will tell her about this tomorrow, if I go into school, but I don't know if I will. I am exhausted after everything that has happened and a day in bed seems like a wonderful idea. I will see in the morning. I am guessing Jessica's parents will have gone pretty mental at her though.

It sounds so stupid but it would be so nice if someone said something nice down the phone to me instead of abusive messages. Same with messages on msn.
  • Options
    Maybe you could write them down? Just remember to write down the date and time as well.
    Sounds like a good idea to have a day to yourself to have a rest away from everything, reckon it'll do you good after hospital and everything.

By the way, i'm sure other people will say the same but if you ever want to add me on msn for a chat just gimme a shout xxx
  • Options
    Does it have a tape in that you can save or maybe you can record the messges using a tape recorder or if you have a recorder on your phone. Make sure you get the date and time while recording
  • Options
    I will write them all out and record them on my phone.

My year head has just been round to make sure I got home ok. I told her about the messages and she listened to them. She was trying to get me to go the the police but I said no. There is going to be a meeting at school tomorrow with my year head, the head teacher and Jessica & Ashleigh's parents, because there have been rumours that they have been making threats about me to other people and trying to get more people to join in with their "hate campaign". Makes me feel so good about myself. My year head will also be coming with me next week to my scan. I swear she is more excited about it then me. I am trying so hard to be positive, for my sake and the baby's but it isn't working.
  • Options
    Your year head must be a really nice lady
  • Options
    She is amazing.
  • Options
    you really should go to the police Amelie, at least to have it on record even if you dont press charges
  • Options
    you really should go to the police Amelie, at least to have it on record even if you dont press charges

Agreed.
  • Options
    I can't go to the police. These people are destroying me. I hate to admit it but they have. They are slowly picking away at me and nothing will stop them. Mentally and physically I don't have the strength to go to the police. Maybe that is being really weak, but by telling more people they will hate me more. And even if Jessica and Ashleigh are stopped, other people will carry it on.
  • Options
    Hello Amilie Rose :wave:

You ve be extremley brave and very mature, having been through so much your bound to be exhausted, try and make sure your resting.

Its a good idea to keep hold of all messages from jessica and to keep your MHN and year head informed, so they can support you with what you decide to do.

A bit of practical advise,

There is a grant that all expectant mothers are entitled to after giving birth after April 6th, it is worth £190.00. It is called a baby bonus The goverments new health in pregnancy grant , its to encorage mothers to eat healthy, but you can spend the money on what you want for the baby,this is just practical info for you to have what ever you decide is your decsion.

You can ask your mid wife for the form around your 25th week and you recieve the grant 1 month later. You do not have to pay it back. Also seek advise from the job center with what you may be entitled to , if you recieve some benifits you may be entilted to other grants.

You say you have your 12 wk scan next week, here you will recive a picture of your baby, it may be emotional so its better to take someone with you. your MHN and year head sound very supportive.

Good luck :thumb: , let us know how the scan goes.
  • Options
    As for the money, I have a grand total of £83 left. I am not a big eater (bad I know) and I brought some food on Saturday so hopefully it will last a while.

So, is your mum coming back or not? If so, when? £83 isn't going to last very long. And the bills. She's still paying the bills, right?

Dealing with the police can't be more stressful than dealing with this Jessica witch and her cronies, surely? I agree with everyone else, in regards to logging any form of harrassment, including the time and date of when it occurred. You may want to go to the Citizens Advice Bureaux. They might be able to draw up a letter of harrassment to send to the relevent parties. As it stands, Jessica at least, has fallen foul of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997, and so, can actually be prosecuted.
  • Options
    Amile admittedly i don't come on here much at the moment, but i said a few words to you yesterday in chat and i have read pretty much this whole thread (needless to say i'm disgusted along with everyone else).

I'm so sorry you don't have much support but i think you're being brilliantly brave and doing what you feel is right regardless of what others say is something to be admired. Please remember that they're the ones with the problem though, not you. Would you rather be you or the bully that thinks she's clever by being cruel and making someone feel so bad they don't want to be here. No matter how terrible life seems just now, you will get through it. These girls will be defined by their actions and that's nothing to be proud of.

I agree with the others that you should have these things on record with the police though, at least think about it.

Stay safe, good luck with the scan x
  • Options
    I can't go to the police. These people are destroying me. I hate to admit it but they have. They are slowly picking away at me and nothing will stop them. Mentally and physically I don't have the strength to go to the police. Maybe that is being really weak, but by telling more people they will hate me more. And even if Jessica and Ashleigh are stopped, other people will carry it on.

Honestly this is the reason why you should go to the police - I really think that a visit from the police will give them the short sharp shock they need to stop and will make anyone else think very long and hard before joining in with them.

Plus if going to the police doesn't stop them straight away they will end up going to court to stop them from doing this again not only to you but to other people as well.

TBH it looks like its reach the stage where not even your school can handle them and it needs to be reffered to a higher authority!
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote: »
    Honestly this is the reason why you should go to the police - I really think that a visit from the police will give them the short sharp shock they need to stop and will make anyone else think very long and hard before joining in with them.

Plus if going to the police doesn't stop them straight away they will end up going to court to stop them from doing this again not only to you but to other people as well.

TBH it looks like its reach the stage where not even your school can handle them and it needs to be reffered to a higher authority!

I agree. It might not be the easiest thing to do, but it's definitely the best thing to do. Don't worry about the repercussions - your year head and the police will help look after you and make sure you're okay!
  • Options
    Hi everyone,
    Just to let you know I'm going to close this thread now. After much discussion we feel what's gone on here is not something that we should continue to revisit and it has escalated past its original focus. We'd like to draw a line under it at this point.

That's not to say we wont all continue to support Amilie in what she's going through but we feel this particular thread is no longer the best place as it has been somewhat tainted by what's happened. Hope you understand, thanks :)
This discussion has been closed.