Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Can someone please please help me?!

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't know what to do.

My year head rang my mum to ask for a meeting. And my mum has said no, and I can choose what to do and she doesn't care. Then she got off the phone and said that I was a messed up little girl who know nothing. That I say I am able to manage and yet I am incapable of even coping 10 weeks into pregnancy and I was useless and needed to stop bothering people. She said she doesn't want me at home anymore.

I don't know what to do. My head is spinning, I can't stop being sick. I thought my mum loved me.
  • Options
    Oh love :(. I don't know what to say but I'm thinking of you. Try and remember that it might just still be shock that's making your mum be like this. It's not an excuse, but with time she might come round.
  • Options
    wtf am i meant to do? :banghead:
    all i want is someone to love me. i am 16, still a teenager. is this too much to ask? :crying:
  • Options
    Hey Amilie :wave:

Sound's like your Mum is quite angry and as Franki says - she may still be dealing with some shock and has had an outburst today. Things may feel different tomorrow?

This may have been mentioned to you before - but your Mum may benefit from speaking to someone at 'Parentline' - a helpline for parents. Seems that your Mum is taking her frustrations out on you and that is not fair, especially at a time when you feel sick.

Maybe you could try to speak to your Mum tomorrow, tell her how her comments made you feel? You could also start to think about what your ideal, realistic solution would be? What options are open to you if things do not improve with your Mum?

Take care and keep posting, :)
  • Options
    When I was younger my mum used to go through phases where she wouldn't talk to me for weeks, so I know what you mean about the silence being loud. In my experience it's something she needs to deal with, and you need to find people to talk to to stop yourself going crazy in the next few days.
    Maybe you could write her a letter telling her your plans and saying that you are going to do this, you need her support, and the problems you've had so far are because of how people are treating you, not because of the baby. I agree that you should suggest that she talks to someone. If you say you know how difficult this is for her maybe she'll try to be more understanding and supportive.
    You need to try to get support from other people if your mum continues to behave like this. As a last resort, is moving out a possibility? What other support can you get?
    Maybe your mum needs time. If she can see that you are dealing with the situation she might start to talk to you about it.
  • Options
    Could you maybe write your mum a letter about how you are feeling and what her silence is doing to you? Tell her what you hope to happen etc.
  • Options
    This is lame and doesn't really help, but *Hugs*
  • Options
    There is a meeting tomorrow. My mum said she will go, but whether she actually does is another matter.

I have already written my mum a letter (last week) telling her how I felt, my plans and how her support would be nice and she has to accept this. I know she has read it but she hasn't said anything about it and the only change has been negative. I don't really see the point of writting another one, but I guess I could try.

I am not even joking...I had to go to a sex ed talk with my year group today. Why?! There is something wrong with some people. I KNOW WHAT HAPPENS! Year 11 is too late for 'the talk'. And some nice sod put up their hand and said "yes Amilie knows what happens. you get preggers." Some people are just too funny for their own good.

:(
  • Options
    There is a meeting tomorrow. My mum said she will go, but whether she actually does is another matter.

I have already written my mum a letter (last week) telling her how I felt, my plans and how her support would be nice and she has to accept this. I know she has read it but she hasn't said anything about it and the only change has been negative. I don't really see the point of writting another one, but I guess I could try.

I am not even joking...I had to go to a sex ed talk with my year group today. Why?! There is something wrong with some people. I KNOW WHAT HAPPENS! Year 11 is too late for 'the talk'. And some nice sod put up their hand and said "yes Amilie knows what happens. you get preggers." Some people are just too funny for their own good.

How old is year 11?
  • Options
    15 and 16
  • Options
    15 and 16

Wow. That is *really* late for sex ed!

But you've got to ignore those knobs. Yes, you're pregnant, but with that you will have experience beyond your years. Your a better person than these jokers, so they can feck off.
  • Options
    And some nice sod put up their hand and said "yes Amilie knows what happens. you get preggers." Some people are just too funny for their own good.

I hope you found them later and slapped them. Seriously, some people :/.

Maybe if your mum does come to the meeting it will make things better? Have you told the people at school that she's reacted like this?
  • Options
    What annoys me, is so many girls in my year have boyfriends, meaning it could so easily be one of them in my position. Have they thought of that? No. All they can see is some girl who got pregnant. Not someone who wants to carry on, pass exams, do a degree and lead a good and stable life and give her child as many options as possible and ultimately love her child.

The school do know how my mum is acting. My year head has spoken to her. So has my mental health nurse. And they have both said she needs to forget how she feels and support me because she can't do anything to change the situation and at the end of the day it would be easier if she was willing to help and support me.
  • Options
    The way people are treating you does sound annoying, because you haven't done anything wrong. The only important people in your life now are you and your baby. At school there's always one person who's talked about, and it's always for a stupid reason. Don't let it bother you because if it's anything like most schools I know of it's just because they don't want to be there.
    It's good that you have your year head and mental health nurse for support. Do they seem to be making any progress with your mum? Give it time, she can't carry on like this forever.
  • Options
    I hate my mum.

The meeting took place but all that happened was my mum had a massive go at me. Then I made the comment that it was nice that she could actually speak to me. And she erupted...I think that is the best way to put it. I haven't ever seen her so angry. Then she was asked to leave the school site because her behavior was classed as inappropriate.

So all that was accomplished was me crying a lot and my mum being a dick. When are things going to get better?

• Options
    I hate my mum.

The meeting took place but all that happened was my mum had a massive go at me. Then I made the comment that it was nice that she could actually speak to me. And she erupted...I think that is the best way to put it. I haven't ever seen her so angry. Then she was asked to leave the school site because her behavior was classed as inappropriate.

So all that was accomplished was me crying a lot and my mum being a dick. When are things going to get better?

Hopefully, since the school has witness your mother's behaviour, they'll seek to get things sorted out. They recognised at least that she's being immature and irrational. I hope things start to work out better soon for you, Amilie!
  • Options
    Probably not until the baby is born or at least until she realises that its a reality - i would just give her lots and lots of space and carry on with your own plans. Focus on yourself and the baby and what you want to do.

I would suggest asking her to come to the 12 week scan with you but i'm not sure if it would do any good.
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote: »

I would suggest asking her to come to the 12 week scan with you but i'm not sure if it would do any good.

i have already asked her and her reply was "I would rather someone shoot me in the heart then this." Which personally I didn't find to be very funny or particularly kind or necessary.

I am asking too much from her?
  • Options
    i have already asked her and her reply was "I would rather someone shoot me in the heart then this." Which personally I didn't find to be very funny or particularly kind or necessary.

I am asking too much from her?

Of course not! You shouldn't have to be asking for her support!

Do you have someone you can take along with you to the scan?
  • Options
    Not really. Most people hate me now and won't have anything to do with me. Most of my family are in Ireland and France too.
  • Options
    Not really. Most people hate me now and won't have anything to do with me. Most of my family are in Ireland and France too.

Got a friend you could take with you? Or would you rather go on your own?
  • Options
    I would like someone to come with me, but there isn't anyone who will :(

And my mum is going away again. She is going to stay with her sister in Ireland. Apparently this is all too hard for her and she needs to get away from me as I am such a disgrace. And as I kept telling everyone I will manage and I can do this, then she will leave me to do just that. She has left me with £150 and I don't know how long she has gone for.

:crying:
  • Options
    what area do you live. If youre near colchester I dont mind going with you, but i doubt you are
  • Options
    thank you..but I am literally other side of the country :( Near Exeter-ish. But thank you so much for offering.
  • Options

And my mum is going away again. She is going to stay with her sister in Ireland. Apparently this is all too hard for her and she needs to get away from me as I am such a disgrace. And as I kept telling everyone I will manage and I can do this, then she will leave me to do just that. She has left me with £150 and I don't know how long she has gone for.

Id come with you.
    Doesnt ur mum not relise she the one who a disgrace NOT YOU shes being selfish very hurtful and uncaring not to mention the add stress you dont need which can lead to probelms i know wont tel you as upset you p.m me anytime x
  • Options
    If she's finding it hard then surely it's loads worse for you. She's being very selfish and immature and you're doing such a good job.
  • Options
    I'm not doing a good job. I want to curl up in a ball and die. Too many people hate me. Too many people don't want to know. I honestly want to down a bottle of vodka, have an overdose and die.

This isn't how I want it to be. And it sounds so stupid, but I want my mum.

• Options
    thank you..but I am literally other side of the country :( Near Exeter-ish. But thank you so much for offering.
    :( I hope you find someone soon
  • Options
    I'm not doing a good job. I want to curl up in a ball and die. Too many people hate me. Too many people don't want to know. I honestly want to down a bottle of vodka, have an overdose and die.

This isn't how I want it to be. And it sounds so stupid, but I want my mum.

are you feeling suicidal Amelie?
  • Options

Have you asked your mental health worker?

Your other family in France & Ireland - will they you at all?
This discussion has been closed.