Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Time for another ranty thread

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    Terrible storms hit the island yesterday. Flash flooding, 15 missing, damage to property and no sleep. Feel kinda shell shocked this morning. :/
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,148 Part of The Furniture
    Praying for you today @floxy 💖
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Praying for you today @floxy 💖
    Thanks buddy! :)
  • Options
    I’m so tired of everything going tits up 😩
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    More raging thunderstorms hitting us now. I've never known anything so terrible since 3 years ago. I had my doctor visit Peggy today, calm her down with a med. It's been that bad and there is not let up of these storms. Constant lightnight, crashing thunder shaking our home, it's like a war zone with no let up.  :'(
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,802 Master Poster
    Floxy said:
    More raging thunderstorms hitting us now. I've never known anything so terrible since 3 years ago. I had my doctor visit Peggy today, calm her down with a med. It's been that bad and there is not let up of these storms. Constant lightnight, crashing thunder shaking our home, it's like a war zone with no let up.  :'(
    That sounds terrible. There was so much rain in the area that I'm on holiday in this morning so I understand.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    My ****ing shoulder right now
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    fadedangelfadedangel Posts: 263 The Mix Regular
    Floxy said:
    Oh no, I hope your safe. I hope your all okay and Peggy is feeling a little better bless her. Praying for your safety 💖👏🏻
    « I have been through hell but the best is yet to come « 
  • Options
    I’m not doing well at all. I had a massive mental breakdown when i arrived at school this morning. I am really not coping :( 

Sending hugs to you all, stay strong ♥️
  • Options
    Thoughtsy said:
    I’m not doing well at all. I had a massive mental breakdown when i arrived at school this morning. I am really not coping :( 

Sending hugs to you all, stay strong ♥️
    Sending hugs to you too. ❤
  • Options
    Thoughtsy said:
    Floxy said:
    Oh no, I hope your safe. I hope your all okay and Peggy is feeling a little better bless her. Praying for your safety 💖👏🏻
    Aww thanks @Thoughtsy The storms have stopped now, but may be back before 6 AM tomorrow. Peggy managed to sleep on the med my doctor gave her and we used ear plugs. Thank you so much for your prayers! They mean more than you realise. 💖
  • Options
    LabraBellLabraBell Posts: 203 Trailblazer
    I have no energy for anything. Last time this happened I was bed bound for a week.
    What do you mean I have to think of an intelligent signature?
  • Options
    Boom goes my chances of going to chat AGAIN! My mum made me go out until 9pm and I was made to eat dinner afterwards on monday. And then the wifi went down on Tuesday. I was out from 6:45pm until 00:30 yesterday and now I'm having to go to the exact same place as Monday from 6:45pm until 9:30pm. And then I ran out of mobile data yesterday and if the airport doesn't have wifi on Sunday then I won't be able to go to chat on Sunday. 😬 Thanks mum. NOT!
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,515 Skive's The Limit
    Omg been waiting for a “every 10 mins” bus for like over 40 mins now. Where is it :( . Why are they always early when im late and late when im early😭 now is school time and still need to get another bus after wards. Feel like i will be getting home at like 5 at this rate
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Fucking cold callers. Just got a call from a number in Manchester. I know nobody in Manchester and I was not expecting a call. 
  • Options
    MAP98MAP98 Posts: 18 Settling in
    I’m in a bit of a shitty situation in terms of my mental health at the moment really, I was getting assaulted in work which thankfully I have now left that job, due to going back to my old job, which I’m much better off in but my grandad sadly passed away two weeks ago unexpectedly after having a heart attack, he was told he would have surgery, be able to go home but it quickly turned into End Of Life care and he passed away amongst family. He was my best friend and was there for me much more than my dad ever was, he went to all my school plays and events, which I’m so glad I was able to share with him. 
    The day before my grandad had the heart attack I met somebody who I have been talking too for a couple of months and we finally met, it just happens that he too has to go through this mad whirlwind, he understands mental health to a point but doesn’t understand why I am now blocking things out and keeping myself to myself. I have taken myself off social media which I understand may not be the best in the circumstances that I’m ‘alone’ but I feel it’s the best thing as I don’t particulary feel sociable and don’t want to see others living there life’s whilst mine is falling apart. 
    I know it’s a ranty thread but it’s good to get it all off my chest. 
  • Options
    So grateful to still be alive and I haven’t realised until tonight how grateful I am for that. If I had succeeded when I had attempted then I wouldn’t have had the opportunity to dance and have the absolute blast I’m having tonight. I really want to recover because I don’t want to die. Life is only on earth, nowhere else and the things I would lose if I left this earth are so special. Life is so special, so beautiful and the opportunities are endless I don’t want to throw that away. I have things to live for and I have found one thing to live for but you know what one thing is better than nothing and I am so grateful for that one thing. It’s moments like these on my recovery that I am going to treasure, this may never happen again but it is happening now and I am so happy it has come to me now after such an awful week. There is light at the end of the tunnel as tonight has proven. I have strength to recover and I really do want to. Tonight, I felt like part of the old Lauren that I have wanted to come back for so long showed itself and I am beyond grateful for that. I have so many things to be grateful for right now first one being, I am alive, I am breathing, my hearts beating, I have survived and I am stronger for it. It hasn’t been easy, far from it but I am strong enough. I am not going to let this take me.

If I ever find this message again, I want to remind myself what the last hour has felt like and how strong I feel right now. I feel like I can conquer the world right now. 

Recovery is possible and I am strong enough. I will get there and I will make sure of it, I am not going to let my mental illness define me nor take me. Not happening!!!!! :) 
  • Options
    I’m so anxious rn I have the assessment with Mark the in college councellor today snd it’s putting me really on edge - can’t even have a break after going to see him As I’ve got to go straight to English 😭😩
  • Options
    My shoulders still hurt 😭
  • Options
    In the last 35 hours my aunts Fiona and Beth, Sophie, Peg and I have been helping victims of the flooding that affected the villages of Sant Llorenç des Cardassar and Artá. Between us we took 5 families and their children to stay with us for as long as they want. The families lost everything: their homes, clothes, cars everthing. We volunteered to haul belongings out and got 2 families staying with us. We have friends there so we had to go and make sure they were safe. Phones were down - we didn't know if they were safe or not.

Trigger Warrning! Some images may be disturbing!

we are so tired! Never cried so much. :/  4 perished at Sant Llorenç and mud is still there and roads closed. IDK if I will ever sleep

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,515 Skive's The Limit
    edited October 2018
    Lol am just trying to get home and then these guys  ask me where is the nearest off-lience. Tbh i dont even know what that means so i just said i didnt know and then they started chatting me up. And then was asking why i seem nervous i was just like im a shy person.  While i was slowly walking away but these guys kept on speakin to me and saying it is okay cause in public and then asked for my number so i just gave it to them cause just felt easier. Ill take as a compliment anyway but was pushy.  hope they dont get in contact. Really wish i hadnt now 😭. Doesnt seem safe. 

But literally is weird cause yesterday i was in town and some guy was trying to speak to me aswell but he was by himself  but i just said i didnt wanna speak but he kept looking me up and down was really uncomfortable. But atleast he wasnt so pushy. Not something that usually happens so kinda weird people are beig more talkative or soemthing.  Lol just wanna be home now, it puts me on edge. 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    Lol am just trying to get home and then these guys  ask me where is the nearest off-lience. Tbh i dont even know what that means so i just said i didnt know and then they started chatting me up. And then was asking why i seem nervous i was just like im a shy person.  While i was slowly walking away but these guys kept on speakin to me and saying it is okay cause in public and then asked for my number so i just gave it to them cause just felt easier. Ill take as a compliment anyway but was pushy.  hope they dont get in contact. Really wish i hadnt now 😭. Doesnt seem safe. 

But literally is weird cause yesterday i was in town and some guy was trying to speak to me aswell but he was by himself  but i just said i didnt wanna speak but he kept looking me up and down was really uncomfortable. But atleast he wasnt so pushy. Not something that usually happens so kinda weird people are beig more talkative or soemthing.  Lol just wanna be home now, it puts me on edge. 
    Here's a useful suggestion when you obvs don't welcome guys in public chatting you up - get a pair of mirrored sunglasses! Then the blokes can't tell if they've caught your eye or not. It really works! =)  I used this to great advantage and now my young ward Peggy does - being super attractive she's deffo a boy magnet. Her mirrored shades work time after time. ;)
  • Options
    MAP98MAP98 Posts: 18 Settling in
    I’m so anxious right now, a boy I have been seeing messaged me before saying ‘i need to talk with you’ didn’t disclose what it was about but said we have to talk and we have to do it tomorrow. 
    I’m now panicking like mad being like ‘is he going to break up with me’ ‘is he this, is he that’ no idea what it’s about but I’m now panicking.
  • Options
    Noisy Spanish women yattering 19 to the dozen outside. I told them in Spanish to bugger off and make noise elsewhere, but what did the oldest lady do? Gave me the finger.
  • Options
    That's not nice. If it was outside your place without permission, that's trespassing which is illegal and you could call the police.
  • Options
    Kasa2103 said:
    That's not nice. If it was outside your place without permission, that's trespassing which is illegal and you could call the police.
    True, but I wouldn't because the old woman's grandson is a policeman and it probs wouldn't go well for me since I sold up my old Citroen to buy a truck - it's twice the size therefore easier to nick!

A couple of nights ago there was a group of tourists yakking below our balcony, so I grabbed Peggy's water pistol and squirted water over them. "Oh shit it's raining! Let's go inside." they muttered.

:joy:
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Today unfortunately has been a harsh reminder of how little I mean to anyone and to be honest it is what I deserve. 

Life sometimes, I mean nearly always, feels so unfair. It is what I deserve though for the person I have become and for the things I have done. I’m a really awful person who deserves to be dead. There’s no point fighting anymore because i am just scum, why am I here I don’t deserve to be? 

Actually so upset right now, why is this happening to me, why does life have to be this hard? 

😭😭😭
  • Options
    I’m so tired - this not sleep at night is really killing me 😭

Anyone want my problems for the day my offer still stand ??? 
  • Options
    I’m so tired - this not sleep at night is really killing me 😭

Anyone want my problems for the day my offer still stand ??? 
    Make yourself a nice malty drink like Horlicks or Ovaltean. Or any milky based drink, laced with some nice honey to sweeten it up. It's lvely, it's very soothing and helps anyone to sleep. Even me!