Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Time for another ranty thread

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited November 2018 in General Chat
I'm definately feeling the need, and im sure plenty other people are up for a good old fashioned rant ....

So whats been grinding your gears?

Today i'm most unhappy cause it turns out one of my managers is a complete bitch, shes been off for most of my training, came in today and was criticising me left right and centre, treating me like a complete idiot and then ending it with "so how are you enjoying working here?" :banghead:

Also i've got a cracking sore head (that started after work strangely :/)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    *hugs* oh man that sucks... every time you see her just think of her "accidentally" falling into a lake full of crocodiles... ;)

Oooohhh my rant of the day: Forgot to take a movie back to blockbusters :grump: bring on the fine...
    Xx
    Oh, mine's on the manager theme too.

My boss is a twat. A giant, giant twat. And he thinks he can replace me behind my back BEFORE I've even left for maternity leave and that I won't notice. Tut.
    Meh, mine's a jobhunting rant, on my part and on behalf of any TheSiters who are still stuck in the joke of a system. I'm 7 months redundant now, as a proportion of 40 years, is like 1.5% of my career now wasted.

Most vacancies were only asking for 4 A-C GCSEs. I'm well over that, and of course that isn't enough because employers seek that key thing called "experience". No experience = no job, and no job = no experience. It made me wish that I simply quitted education after I grabbed my 9 GCSEs and went straight to work aged 16. Granted, I have a couple of disabilities which may have put off some employers, but hell, I have my degree so I am capable, even if only by a small shot. I've done the usual job applications though (118 so far), 40 covering letters/CVs posted to individual firms, enlisting on 6 agencies and 3 weeks of voluntary work. Why does it have to be so difficult? I bought my own house 4 years ago, and even that was easier than finding a job.

Another thing - is applying for the local council. Approx 20 of my applications were council-related, which had me shortlisted to 2 interviews and I 'apparently' failed both interviews on the grounds of experience, or lack of. A local friend said that with councils, "it's not what you know but who you know". I asked isn't that illegal? She explained that the council already has someone in mind when a vacancy opens, then they go through the recruitment process to make it appear that they're conducting it in a non-unorthodox approach.

Another rant, was the big international firm, Areva. I had an interview with them for an IT role. The interview panel consisted of the HR manager and my potential manager. They have scheduled interviews over a period of two weeks, for this 1 IT vacancy, and it was only fixed-term for 6 months. Why the hell spend two weeks worth of managers' wages, only to get someone for 6 months?

While it was good experience to get the occasional interview, I found it demoralising when the outcome was fail after fail.

In a dating agency, you walk into the premises, hand them your 'profile', wait 1 week, then date someone for an evening. If the outcome of the date was fail, you move onto persons 2 and 3, then maybe 4th time lucky, you will find romance. Couldn't the Jobcentre Plus take on a similar pattern? The jobcentres would work closely with firms and match-make their candidates. You would be called to interview when a suitable 'date' is matched. The interview itself would be 4 hours of voluntary work at the firm to show them what you are capable of, 4 hours being the similar timeframe to a 'date'. (doing an analogy here). It would cut down on so many man-hours on the recruiting side, and so many man-months of the candidate being a couch potato in the house.

Grrrr. Sorry if it was TL:DR (too long don't read). I guess I could have posted this in the Work section, but this is more of a rant than anything else!
    Dont get too discouraged, took me a year and 3 months to find a new job after i got made redundant from woolies. I know it sucks, but it is just a matter of perseverance.

Typically, i get a job, then 2 other jobs i'd applied for called me too see if i wanted to come in for an interview
    A colleague of mine passing all the work to me for a certain piece of work we're doing at the moment. One of those "and what will you be doing while I'm doing all of this" moments.

Fortunately it's only a piece on syndicated loan market trading which I'm pretty awesome at. Still, it's the principle.

Meh, roll on the weekend. The lady I'm seeing at the moment is cooking me rabbit stew on Friday and the rest of the weekend will be spent playing Just Cause 2.
    Typically, i get a job, then 2 other jobs i'd applied for called me too see if i wanted to come in for an interview

That is so true, and it applies to romance too! When I had a girlfriend, other girls were also approaching me. Once broken up though, all the girls ran for the hills lol :-D
    Seems like this is a work related rant as:

I'm ranting about a bitch at work - I'm pretty much being work bullied.

And the guy I'm interested in just wants to be friends - not interested in a rship with any one at the moment, damaged goods blah blah.
    Having a dog who when he doesn't get his own way, bites me or barks at me. Actually, he bites whenever he feels like it.
    im hungover as HELL and i just want to curl up and die right now.
    oh, and i made the extremely drunken mistake of shagging a complete prick last night and the fact that i did it just makes me want to cryy :crying:
    i really shouldnt drink!!
    i got made redundant from woolies
    *High five* fellow ex-Woolies worker!

My rant is about uni work and it's impossibleness :'( What's the point?! grrr!
    I've got too much work and im never going to be able to finish it all on time :banghead:
    My rant is that its an amazing sunny afternoon/evening, and I have absolutely no plans whatsoever :(

I wanna be outside right now BBQing and drinking with good friends, that would be ideal!
    I'm with you there Lexi... gorgeous afternoon but totally skint etc.
    The girl of interest is probably not interested in me. But that's becoming a habit so I think I can handle it. If you understand that no love interest is worth the hassle of being angry, depressed and sad because it's not working out you'll just let it be without looking for the errors in you.

:grump:
    I'll join in on GothDetectives & StrubbleS 'not interested' section.

Thing thats bothering me is that even though I want to be friends I may never see her again after uni.
    Aww Uncle Strubs :heart:

AAAHHH I've just found my school planner... it's telling me I have more homework than I thought I did...
    Xx
    i dont have a clue what i doing with my finale majour project :( and none of the tutors are really helping....ughh....and it was a gorgeous day today, and i had to spend it inside cooking food at work :grump: !
    It hacks me off that there are:

www.national-lottery.co.uk
    www.national-lottery.com

...and I always pick the unofficial one whenever I check my lotto results. Guaranteed.
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    The girl of interest is probably not interested in me. But that's becoming a habit so I think I can handle it. If you understand that no love interest is worth the hassle of being angry, depressed and sad because it's not working out you'll just let it be without looking for the errors in you.

:grump:

It's me and you again, baby.

I met up with un-interested guy today. Went pretty well. Realised I kinda wasn't too attracted to him as I was, but still had a slight interest. But still sucks face.

Found another guy last night who AGAIN is "just don't want a gf right now, been fucked over recently blah blah". SERIOUSLY, it's like a plague going on at the moment. We had a good time though ;)

To add to the rant though: I have work tomorrow and I'm REALLY not looking forward to it.
    Work.
    1) I know its your company but you now over 70, slowly losing your marbles and wont have any admin staff left if you keep being so bloody minded and rude to them.

I also have to work with an arrogant brat who thinks he can play poker and be rude to the clienst all day and another person who cant remeber who half his clients are and has no idea so always asks me to clarify matters. Hes qualified as well ffs.

I need a new job!
    Our college rugby team had a game last Saturday. We have an opening chant called "Rectum Ranger" which (as you can probably guess) has some colorful language in it.

I checked my email today and some woman who was in town visiting her daughter sent me a self-righteous letter demanding an apology and attached a copy of a second letter which she sent to the school and the school paper. She's also attempting to get in touch with the university president and has gotten in contact with the woman's center (ironically staffed by a large number of women from our sister team).

Christ talk about someone needing a hobby!:banghead:
    My dad was taking the plaster off the hallway yesterday. Everything was covered in dust - I also have some up my nose. Euw.
    It's me and you again, baby.

I met up with un-interested guy today. Went pretty well. Realised I kinda wasn't too attracted to him as I was, but still had a slight interest. But still sucks face.

Found another guy last night who AGAIN is "just don't want a gf right now, been fucked over recently blah blah". SERIOUSLY, it's like a plague going on at the moment. We had a good time though ;)

To add to the rant though: I have work tomorrow and I'm REALLY not looking forward to it.

We should hook up. Why do you live on the other arse of the globe?

Anyway, interest kinda (sadly) rekindled for the girl. She is just too cute and I think she is just too shy to show me the interest back (there are some pointers. When a friend of ours asked her about if she is looking for a boyfriend [totally unrelated to me], she was more laughing it off, giving no specific information).

So I don't knooowwww. I planned to ask her out to dinner sometime this or next week and maybe the movies afterwards. Hell, I don't know. Why is it so hard to get hold of her (both of us working horrible hours and often have plans for the evening) and go have a few drinks over the thirst to have things unfold on it's own. If after the dinner she do not give me any signs of like/dislike I'm gonna stick a post-it on her forehead that has a crudely drawn penis on it and a hairy triangular that's standing on it's tip beside it with question marks around it. At least this will settle the matter ultimately.

Another plus would be, that she will be living really near me, once I move out in June. Oh dear, I just don't know.
    I'm having a depressed, low self-esteem evening :(
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    I'm having a depressed, low self-esteem evening :(

*wolf whistles* Does this raise your self esteem?
    exams are coming up. pressure is on :crazyeyes
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    *wolf whistles* Does this raise your self esteem?

No :no:

text me during exam. I'll give you all the answers. Nobody knows english lit like I do. I mean, I read some john grisham shit in english (is he english, btw?)...
    I'm having a crap evening and I'm feeling wierd. kind of unhappy, stressed, anxious, nervous, restless, lonely sort of all rolled into one. I don't really know how to describe it. Sort of feels like I just want to shove my iPod in and blast my eardrums out- not that it goes that loud. But it's not nice :crying:

:yes: ... :crazyeyes ...:no: ...:banghead: ...:crying: ... :rolleyes: