Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,522 Skive's The Limit
    Dandelion wrote: »
    Hey how is everyone today? I'm having a pretty good day, my lab finished 45 minutes early and my new phone case came. The only thing im not happy about is we were supposed to be getting some assignment results back at midnight last night, but now they've changed the time until 4pm today

Good luck @Dandelion only half an hour to go. What’s on your new phone case?
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    How are you @Laura_tigger82
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Thanks @Shaunie its clear but has little white outlines of leaves on

I just got my score back and I'm happy with it, so im very relieved
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Oh my gosh, our dissertation data has finally been released to us and there is so much of it!! it's going to take so long to go through and organise it all, plus they haven't run a blood measurement I wanted which is a bit annoying but I guess I'll just have to work around it.
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,135 Part of The Furniture
    @Dancer - I am sorry to hear you had a panic attack at school. It must have been really tough for you, but I am proud of you for leaving the room until you felt better! Your wellbeing always comes first, and I am really glad to hear one of your teachers helped you. How are you feeling now? :3

@Dandelion - Hey! I am good thank you. How are you? How amazing that good things are happening for you. I am proud of you for getting a score you are happy with. Good luck with the dissertation data. It doesn’t sound like it is what you had initially hoped for, but deep breaths and you will do it :3

@Zay - Oh no! That is a lot of homework indeed. How are you getting along with your homework now? I hope it is going well. I also hope you also had some time for yourself :3

@Shaunie - Hey! I am good thank you. How are you? Your jigsaw looks great! I hope you enjoy doing your jigsaw. Please feel free to send us a photo of the finished jigsaw. I think it will look fab :3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Thanks @Shaunie its clear but has little white outlines of leaves on

I just got my score back and I'm happy with it, so im very relieved

Well done 💗
  • Options
    Thank you! I am going to do some more of my jigsaw later on today!
  • Options
    Good morning! has anyone got any plans for today? I've been to the library and picked up three new books. I also stopped at maccies for breakfast lol
  • Options
    Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    Wow dandelion sounds productive! More so than me, I'm still in bed ahah

I was drunk last night so a long lie was needed. Been awake since 10 tbf just too lazy to get up!
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    I started a fishing game called Moonglow Bay and I'm going to my friends house later
    Good morning! has anyone got any plans for today? I've been to the library and picked up three new books. I also stopped at maccies for breakfast lol

🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • Options
    Anch0r33 wrote: »
    Wow dandelion sounds productive! More so than me, I'm still in bed ahah

I was drunk last night so a long lie was needed. Been awake since 10 tbf just too lazy to get up!

Yeah I can imagine you definitely deserved a long lie in then! I had planned to but then I fell asleep really early last night instead lol.
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Apollo wrote: »
    I started a fishing game called Moonglow Bay and I'm going to my friends house later

ooh I've not played that one before, it looks really good though
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,818 Master Poster
    Hi
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Hi @Dancer how are you?
  • Options
    I tried a pasty earlier. It was really nice but very spicy.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    @Shaunie - Yay! You are welcome. How is your jigsaw coming along now? I hope you enjoyed spending some more time on your jigsaw :3

@Dandelion - Good morning! Though I appreciate I am unfortunately responding the next morning. Yesterday I was in the research methods bubble. McDonald's and books sound like a fabulous combination. Which books did you opt for? :3

@Anch0r33 - Hey! How are you feeling today? I hope you had the extra rest you needed yesterday and are feeling better today. If you are feeling better today, do you have any plans for today?

@Apollo - Hey! It is great to hear from you. How did you find the fishing game and seeing your friend(s)? I hope you enjoyed both of those. They do sound great :3

@Zay - Hey! Oh no, madness indeed. It must be really difficult for you, but I am so proud of you for recognising it is the situation that is difficult. If I can do anything to help, just give me a shout! But I am sure you know more about your homework than I do :3

@Dancer - Hey! How are you today? Have you tried a cheese and onion pasty? Those are my favourites! :3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    A duck walks into a bar and says to the bartender, "I'd like to buy some peanuts." The bartender says, "Sorry, don't sell peanuts." The duck leaves.

The next day, the duck returns and again says, "I want to buy some peanuts." The bartender replies, a bit gruffly this time, "I already told you I don't sell peanuts." The duck leaves.

The next day, the duck comes in once again and yet again demands, "I want to buy some peanuts!" The outraged bartender yells back, "I told you, I don't sell peanuts! If you ask one more time, I'll nail you to the wall!" The duck leaves.

The next day, the duck walks into the bar and before the bartender can say a word, the duck asks, "Do you have any nails?" The bartender looks taken aback and says quietly, "Sorry, don't have nails." The duck asks, "Well then, do you have any peanuts?"
  • Options
    Ha, I love it! Thanks for sharing it with us @Dancer. It reminded me of the duck song. I have copied it in the bottom of this post. I hope you enjoy listening to it :3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q
  • Options
    hey @Laura_tigger82 how are you? how is your research methods coming along? The books I got were normal people by Sally Rooney, Daisy Jones and the six and the night she disappeared. They were all recommended to me so hopefully I'll like them I started reading normal people last night and im enjoying it so far.
  • Options
    Hey @Dandelion!

I am okay thank you. Though feeling quite in the depths of research methods textbooks at the moment. I do have my draft title, question, and methodology though so that's an amazing step in the right direction. I need to start focusing on the literature review soon.

I am really glad to hear you are enjoying reading normal people. Hopefully, you'll also enjoy all the other books if they have been recommended to you too. Please feel free to let us know how you get on with reading them! :3
  • Options
    @Laura_tigger82 seems like you’ve made a really good start! Well done!
  • Options
    Aww, thanks so much @Dandelion. That means a lot to me. How are things for you currently? I know you have a lot on at the moment too! :3
  • Options
    It’s going okay thanks @Laura_tigger82 think I’ve pretty much finished my last assignment, I don’t think that I’m going to do too well on it, it was really hard. Now I have two weeks to revise for my exams and then it’s time to focus on my diss 😰 I feel like I have a lot to do, just want my exams to be over with tbh 😂
  • Options
    DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    Hi how are you all doing
  • Options
    Hi @Durhamjaide I’m not too bad thanks just got home from uni, how are you?
  • Options
    JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,878 Extreme Poster
    Hi guys how are we today???
    Hi @Durhamjaide I’m not too bad thanks just got home from uni, how are you?
    how was uni? :)
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,647 Legendary Poster
    Hey @Jellyelephant I’m tired and have had another rubbish day tbh and it’s also freezing!!!! How are you?
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,878 Extreme Poster
    Hey @Jellyelephant I’m tired and have had another rubbish day tbh and it’s also freezing!!!! How are you?

sorry you had a rubbish day! sending hugs! I am ok thanks been sleeping a lot today lol. Just ordered some cheesecake though which am looking forward to :)
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,647 Legendary Poster

sorry you had a rubbish day! sending hugs! I am ok thanks been sleeping a lot today lol. Just ordered some cheesecake though which am looking forward to :)

Mmmm cheesecake! I haven’t had cheesecake for ages.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”