Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Hey @Laura_tigger82 how are you doing? I started on my methods for my diss at the weekend and I want to try and get that finished this weekend, but the data hasn’t actually been released yet so there not much more I can do at this stage. I’ve been revising for my exams so I’m feeling a bit better about them but still not great lol. I bought the book Thicker than water by JD Kirk, it’s a crime book.
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,135 Part of The Furniture
    edited January 2022
    @Zay - I am really glad to hear you are enjoying spending time with your grandparents. Grandparents are really special. I am sure the hospital staff are looking after him. I hope he feels better soon. Just make sure you are looking after yourself too! :)

@Dandelion - Hey! Oh no, the diss word was mentioned. I have also been working towards the diss today. I started looking at the introduction today but apparently I am right where I need to be with it so that is a good sign! It sounds like you are smashing it too and I hope the data is released soon for your methods section. Is there anything in particular you are worried about with your exams? Or just the usual exam nerves? Oh, Thicker than water sounds great, thanks for sharing the book recommendation with us! :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Well done for getting started @Laura_tigger82 i found it got a bit easier once you’ve written the first bit. Just usual exam nerves, I only have two one is just multiple choice but the other is essay style, they’re both online which is nice, but the essay ones are really hard, as they’re online they make it so you can’t Google the answers but then they’re always so cryptic but I guess we’ll just see how it goes
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Aww, thanks so much @Dandelion. Yes, getting started with writing is the trickest part isn't it. I guess I'll need to take my own advice and set myself a timer to get some writing done over the weekend! I am really glad to hear you are feeling quite content with the multiple choice exam.

In terms of the essay style, I guess you can only try and feel as confident as possible with the possible topics and become familiar with essay style through practice. Most importantly, just keep trying your best and if you need anything please remember we are here for you and so are Student Minds (https://www.studentminds.org.uk/). Please feel free to let us know how you get on :3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Hey, How is everyone? anyone else feel like it's a Friday today, I keep forgetting it's a Thursday which is annoying because I have a 9am lab tomorrow I can't lie in lol
  • Options
    JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,878 Extreme Poster
    Dandelion wrote: »
    Hey, How is everyone? anyone else feel like it's a Friday today, I keep forgetting it's a Thursday which is annoying because I have a 9am lab tomorrow I can't lie in lol

hey dandelion how are you? I had a seminar today on complex care within mental health which was interesting. Just been getting ready for my date lol even though its not til 7pm but cant decide what to wear
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • Options
    Im alright thanks, trying to get motivated and do some of my assignment. Ooh that does sound interesting. | get ready for things ages in advance as well lol, I would give some advice on what to wear but I basically just live in leggings/ jeans and sweatshirts lol
  • Options
    @Dandelion - Hey. I am good thanks. How are you today? Oh no, I bet you would rather have a lie in than the 9am lab. You can do your assignment, we believe in you. I am right there with you in terms of leggings and sweatshirts! :3

@Jellyelephant - Hey! Your seminar sounds super interesting. Really useful knowledge too. I hope you enjoy your date with Emily :3
  • Options
    I would definitely rather have a lie in, I look forward to my Saturday's so much. I've already had enough of my assignment lol and moved onto revision. I think it's done but I've read through it so many time it doesn't't even make sense anymore so I'll try again tomorrow. You been up to much today @Laura_tigger82?
  • Options
    Thankfully just one more day until you can have your lay in @Dandelion. Do you prefer exams to coursework then? Oh no, re-reading it so many times within a short period of time can indeed distort it and a break from it will hopefully help with that. I have mainly been washing and drying laundry today but also some research methods work! :3
  • Options
    Nope definitely prefer coursework, just think I need a break from my assignment I finished it over Christmas so I've just been reading through it and editing it since and I think there is definitely a limit to how many time you can check it lol. ooh I need a good washing day lol
  • Options
    Hi @Dandelion

Thanks for your response. Ah, you are more like me as I also prefer coursework to exams. In that case, you probably have spent too much time looking at your assignment. Enjoy your break and come back to it with a fresh pair of eyes! :3
  • Options
    ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    I am raging cause I'm trying to draw and I cannot draw hair
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • Options
    That would be me too @Apollo! Could you print an image and trace it? I think that's how I would have to do it. I am sure you are a much more amazing drawer than me though :3
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,522 Skive's The Limit
    Dandelion wrote: »

hey dandelion how are you? I had a seminar today on complex care within mental health which was interesting. Just been getting ready for my date lol even though its not til 7pm but cant decide what to wear
    Hope it goes well x
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    All the days feel the same to me since being off
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    I had an annoying day
  • Options
    Apollo wrote: »

Let’s see your drawing? @Apollo
  • Options
    Hey @Shaunie! Yes, time off can make the days feel the same, can't they. Are there any activities you could maybe assign a day to? For example, I know some people have movie Fridays. It just helps some people to build some structure into their schedules. I am sorry to hear you have had an annoying day. Would you like to talk to us about why the day has been annoying? We are here for you if you do! :)
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,813 Master Poster
    Today at school I had a panic attack during Spanish and ended up leaving the room and it took about 20 minutes for the panic attack to stop. It felt quite bad but one of the Religious Studies teachers helped me. My Spanish teacher was quite busy although she came outside the room to check on me a couple of times.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    Dancer wrote: »
    Today at school I had a panic attack during Spanish and ended up leaving the room and it took about 20 minutes for the panic attack to stop. It felt quite bad but one of the Religious Studies teachers helped me. My Spanish teacher was quite busy although she came outside the room to check on me a couple of times.
    How are you feeling now
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,813 Master Poster
    How are you feeling now

Not really sure. I have an exam on Monday and it is a speaking exam for Spanish. Thankfully I get it over with quickly as it is one person at a time and I got the first slot (originally it was going to be later on in the day but I have been able to swap because otherwise I would have had to rearrange my counselling session which would have been very hard.)
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    Shaunie wrote: »

It's not done I'll maybe share when it is though
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • Options
    Hey how is everyone today? I'm having a pretty good day, my lab finished 45 minutes early and my new phone case came. The only thing im not happy about is we were supposed to be getting some assignment results back at midnight last night, but now they've changed the time until 4pm today
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Oh wow @Zay that is a lot of homework, I'm sure you will get through it though!
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Hey @Shaunie! Yes, time off can make the days feel the same, can't they. Are there any activities you could maybe assign a day to? For example, I know some people have movie Fridays. It just helps some people to build some structure into their schedules. I am sorry to hear you have had an annoying day. Would you like to talk to us about why the day has been annoying? We are here for you if you do! :)

Ah I’m not sure I need to do my jigsaw though
    @Laura_tigger82
  • Options

Hugs @Dancer it’s never easy x
  • Options
    Shaunie wrote: »

It's not done I'll maybe share when it is though

No worries @Apollo