Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Yeah I've still been doing it @Apollo today's was really hard, I only really got by guessing the 4th letter and I'd worked the others out. I love crime books but the last few I've read have been crime so I wanted a bit of a change, don't really know what to though lol

Thanks @Jellyelephant I love the works too, they do 3 for £5 atm which is very good I perhaps need to go and see what I can get, the works near uni is a lot smaller than the one at home though. I did have another look at the library website and there is actually a few books I want to read, it's just the popular ones/ new ones they don't really have, one of them they do but there's 15 reservations on it! Think I'll have a little trip on Saturday to see what I can get
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,925 Master Poster
    Someone at my school seems to hold a grudge against me.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,565 Skive's The Limit
    I just watched a film called countdown. It’s about an app that tells you when gunna die and do die. But it’s an actual app too. It says I have 4 years left. I deleted and reinstalled it after 10 minutes it was the same number take away 10 minutes. How creepy
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Hello
  • Options
    JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,897 Extreme Poster
    howdy
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,153 Part of The Furniture
    Hey all! Long-time no speaks. The research methods monster consumed me for a few days, but I am here again now. How are we all?

All your food talk has got me feeling hungry, but I have already eaten. I guess I will have to have extra dessert this evening! It will be after I have listened on support chat now though.

@Dandelion - Hey! How is your assignment looking now? I keep seeing Wordle but honestly was not sure what it was about. Thanks for your great explanation.

@Apollo - Hey! Do you recommend watching Encanto? I watched it at Christmas. Just like @Dandelion, I loved watching Encanto too and was really happy to see it has an award!

@Zay - Hey! How is your hair coming along now? Is it growing as you want it to? I hope so as you have been doing all the right things as far as I know. Like, you have been to the hairdressers and have been using oils. In terms of universities, you need to think about what you want in a university experience and then navigate it around which fits most of your top criteria. I would be more than happy to help you weigh up your university choices if need be.

@Jellyelephant - Hey! I am really sorry to hear you weren't able to see Emily and that she has a migraine. Do you know when you might next be able to see her? Music is my recommendation for making cleaning, and any house duties for that matter, less boring too. I hope you managed to get everything done that you wanted to!

@Durhamjaide - Hey! I am really sorry to hear you have caught COVID and are having to isolate. How are you currently feeling? I hope you are feeling well. Have you got everything you need? Please remember we are always here for you!

@Dancer - Hey! I am really proud of you for working with your counsellor to navigate a way to talk about difficult things. Colouring is relaxing, isn't it! What did you colour? And how are you currently feeling? Do you want to talk about the grudge you feel someone at your school has against you? I know how difficult that must be for you. Please remember we are always here for you!

Hello to @Shaunie and @Supernova too. How are you both today? And yes, that app does indeed sound creepy @Shaunie!

Sending you all hugs <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Evening @Laura_tigger82 how are you?

Been a bit down today but muddling through. Realise I keep saying hello on here and then never replying afterwards :'D
  • Options
    Hello @Supernova

Thanks for your response. I am sorry to hear you are a bit down today. Would you like to talk about why you are a bit down? I am really proud of you for still muddling through!
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    @Laura_tigger82

Don't really know to be honest, guess I just ran out of distractions and now things are too quiet. But it's okay, don't think I'll be long out of bed now. Have a sleep and see how things are tomorrow.

Suppose I was just looking for another distraction and seeing if the thread was busy tonight. :p
  • Options
    Hey @Laura_tigger82 how are you? Think my assignment is pretty much done so trying to focus on my exams and diss now but tonight I definitely am feeling like I’ve hit a wall of exhaustion, going to stop work at 4 tomorrow I’ve decided to give myself a bit of a break feel like I really need it
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Mel_Mel_ Posts: 576 Incredible Poster
    hey evening all, i dont post much on the forum but thought id say hi
  • Options
    BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    Hey @Mel_! How are you doing?
  • Options
    Mel_Mel_ Posts: 576 Incredible Poster
    hey @Brookee not great! But getting there hows you?
  • Options
    BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    @Mel_ I’m really sorry to hear that! If you ever need to talk to anyone or you want to talk about it, we’re always here for you, you’re really never alone! I’m doing okay thank you love!
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,925 Master Poster
    I went downstairs this morning and saw one of my cats drinking from the water in the washing up bowl. Cheeky cranky creature! It was clean water though and no washing up liquid so the cat is fine.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Went to the works this morning and got the second book in a series (I've just read the first book and I loved it) for only £2 aswell!!
  • Options
    Dancer wrote: »
    I went downstairs this morning and saw one of my cats drinking from the water in the washing up bowl. Cheeky cranky creature! It was clean water though and no washing up liquid so the cat is fine.

Oh no lol, cats will get into everything
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,678 Legendary Poster
    This is so random but I love how every time I order vape liquid they send me a little chocolate with it, it’s always a little minty chocolate and it’s the best :lol:
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
  • Options
    I’m not sure but I am very sorry for PMs I do not reply to. I am a very distant person
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    This is so random but I love how every time I order vape liquid they send me a little chocolate with it, it’s always a little minty chocolate and it’s the best :lol:

That’s cool!
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,678 Legendary Poster
    Shaunie wrote: »

That’s cool!

It’s always a pleasant surprise. They’re a good company with decent customer service overall and the chocolate is a nice touch.

And don’t worry about replying to PMs @Shaunie I sometimes struggle to reply too.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Im not sure @Zay I don't really use PMs much so I haven't noticed, you can report any bugs under the help desk forum, might be worth mentioning it in there so @TheMix can see
  • Options
    JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,897 Extreme Poster
    edited January 2022
    hi guys how are we today?

I slept in (thanks meds) and then went to an assignment Q&A from uni. Then I had my review with my GP which was good to have a chat with her. Then my friend came round to chill for a bit and now I am just watching pretty little liars (again haha).

got my date with emily tomorrow we rescheduled. Am going round to hers to watch a film and chill :)
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Hey all. How are we all today?

@Supernova - Oh no, what sorts of things do you like for distraction? Hopefully, together, we can create some more potential distractions for you. I know you said you will see how things are tomorrow. It is now tomorrow so I am wondering, how are you today?

@Dandelion - Hey! I am good thank you. How are you? So proud of you for managing to fix your assignment. How are you feeling about your exams and diss? Yes, please do take the rest you need! You can't run on empty and please don't try to, you deserve the rest you need.

@Mel - Hey! It is great to hear from you. I was just about to ask how you are, but I can see you are unfortunately struggling. Would you like to talk to us about why you are struggling? We are here for you with open arms for virtual hugs and ears for listening!

@Dancer - Oh no! So glad your cat is okay though and the water was clear.

@Dandelion - What a bargain of a great book! I will definitely be recommending The Works again in the near future. Would you like to share with us the book you brought? It sounds fabulous!

@Zay - Yay! Your hair is growing, and you think you know which university you want to go to. Both of which are really great things as I know you have been hoping for both. Purple is my favourite colour too. I hope you enjoy spending time with your grandparents. Do you want to talk about the stress you are experiencing? It is not just you, the PMs are weird today, it is like a devil has got inside the PMs. However, I have also reported it to @TheMix and hopefully, they can work their magic and help fix it!

@Shaunie - As @independent_ said, please don't be sorry for not responding to PMs. You are welcome to reply to DMs you receive if you want to, but you never have to. It is great to hear from you though. How are you today?

@Jellyelephant - Hey! I am good thanks, how are you today? I am really glad to hear you have managed to get the sleep you needed, though I can hear how frustrating that must have been for you. How was the assignment Q&A at uni? And your GP review? I hope both went well and I hope you managed to enjoy the time with your friend. Enjoy watching pretty little liars and your rescheduled date with Emily!

Hugs to you all <3