Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    @Apollo
    It's a game, it comes out every day and you have to try and guess the 5 letter word, here's the link to it if you're interested https://www.powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle/

@Dancer Hmm I don't know could be either I guess, if you feel hungry you could eat something else or maybe wait a bit and then if you're still hungry then, have a snack?
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,897 Extreme Poster
    I am spending the day cleaning my flat. Need to make sure its nice for when Emily comes tomorrow.

how about you laura?
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • Options
    Zay wrote: »
    Dandelion wrote: »
    Morning everyone, anyone got any plans for today?
    Not much tbh, I just finished putting castor oil on my hair so that it grows, and now I'm going to do intense revision. Going to have a hot bath at night too.

ooh that sounds lovely enjoy your bath as a reward for your revision!
  • Options
  • Options
    Zay wrote: »

ooh that sounds lovely enjoy your bath as a reward for your revision!
    Thanks Jelly! I hope you enjoy cleaning your flat too, I recommend listening to music in your earphones so that you don't feel bored while cleaning <3 [/quote]

thanks - i dont bother with earphones i just blast my music out loud hahaha!
  • Options
  • Options
    Okay I think I've sorted my assignment out, I'm 55 words over the word count but that shouldn't be too hard to take out
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Okay I think I've sorted my assignment out, I'm 55 words over the word count but that shouldn't be too hard to take out

aw well done thats fab!
  • Options
    ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    @Apollo
    It's a game, it comes out every day and you have to try and guess the 5 letter word, here's the link to it if you're interested https://www.powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle/
    @Dandelion does everyone get the same word?
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • Options
    Yeah @Apollo its a new word every day though
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,565 Skive's The Limit
    I’m drunk lol
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    Apollo wrote: »
    @Apollo
    @Dandelion does everyone get the same word?

Sounds fun we can add it to the next newsletter
  • Options
    Morning all, how is everyone. I'm really hungry and I'm debating walking to the co op to get something nice for lunch lol, I probably should because I've got food here though
  • Options
    I went to the co op, I got a chicken and mushroom slice and some mini donut bites, they were so good
  • Options
    I went to the co op, I got a chicken and mushroom slice and some mini donut bites, they were so good

ooh that sounds well nice. I don;'t know what to do today. My date cancelled because she has a migraine... I still got up and got dressed though. I hoovered the floor and ate some doritos and watched tiktok for way too long haha. Might go to the gym room later for a bit to pass the time.
  • Options
  • Options
    Oh no @Jellyelephant that's a shame, hopefully she'll feel better soon and you can re schedule. I'm trying to hold on till 4, then I fully plan to spend the rest of my day watching TikTok lol

What I did when I was choosing uni @Zay it's sounds really stupid but I made pros and cons lists as there were so many factors about why I liked certain uni, you could maybe try that and see if that helps at all.
  • Options
    im sooooooooo bored. Emily would have been round now if she didnt have a migraine. How sad lol am a loserrrrrrrrr
  • Options
    DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    im sooooooooo bored. Emily would have been round now if she didnt have a migraine. How sad lol am a loserrrrrrrrr

I feel your pain I have to isolate as I have COVID
  • Options

I feel your pain I have to isolate as I have COVID

oh no @Durhamjaide hope you're doing okay and have got things to do to keep you entertained
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,925 Master Poster
    I had counselling at school today. Turned more into art therapy because me and my counsellor were both doing colouring and talking about my anxiety because she could tell I was really uncomfortable with opening up but the colouring helped me to feel more comfortable and focused.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    @Dancer That sounds like it was a really beneficial route to go down for you today. How do you feel after your session?
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,565 Skive's The Limit
    Hey x
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Hey hey hey
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    Brookee wrote: »
    @Dancer That sounds like it was a really beneficial route to go down for you today. How do you feel after your session?

I felt proud that I have finally began getting support for my anxiety and that there is someone who actually understands. But sometimes it really is not easy although the school counsellor understands that. That's why she sorted out some colouring for me to do so I had some sort of distraction.
  • Options
    BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    @Dancer That's so wonderful to hear! You should be so proud of yourself, you're doing incredible by engaging with this support. I understand completely that this can be so difficult, so it's really great to hear that you've got a counsellor who listens and understands, and makes adjustments in a way that makes it easier and more comfortable for you, particularly as it can be really difficult to open up about these things. I'm really pleased to hear how well it went for you today!
  • Options
    Anyone know any good places to buy really cheap books, the library doesn’t have any books that I really want to read. I’m going to go scout round some charity shops at the weekend, but I was really hoping the library would do some
  • Options
    ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    edited January 2022
    @Dandelion what kind of books are you looking for? Also ever since you told me about Wordle I've been doing them, have you done the most recent one? I've put my working in the spoiler section
    3ty2fvbhctc2.png
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • Options
    Anyone know any good places to buy really cheap books, the library doesn’t have any books that I really want to read. I’m going to go scout round some charity shops at the weekend, but I was really hoping the library would do some

I quite often get books from the works - it is usually reasonable prices there