Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,649 Legendary Poster
    Ooh is it an interesting seminar at least @Jellyelephant?

I'm tired and feeling a bit low if I'm honest, slept terribly and had weird dreams all night so that won't be helping. I have a labrador next to me though yayyy!!!

yeh was really interesting - it was all about patient choice and how we can empower patients to be involved in their care :)

sorry you didn;'t sleep well - a labrador makes up for it though! wish i had a dog next to me hahah

That does sound really interesting actually! And really informative.

I'm going to have a coffee, I managed a shower too so just trying to make myself feel better before it gets any worse.

Dogs are great! Mine's a bit sorry for himself today because he ran into mum's leg yesterday and knocked her over, she's twisted her knee really badly and is off work and can't walk him. It's as if he knows he's hurt her bless him. Think he's sorry, he keeps going up to her and putting his head on her lap haha @Jellyelephant
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,885 Extreme Poster

I'm going to have a coffee, I managed a shower too so just trying to make myself feel better before it gets any worse.

Dogs are great! Mine's a bit sorry for himself today because he ran into mum's leg yesterday and knocked her over, she's twisted her knee really badly and is off work and can't walk him. It's as if he knows he's hurt her bless him. Think he's sorry, he keeps going up to her and putting his head on her lap haha @Jellyelephant

sounds like you are doing the right things lovely - if there is anything I can do or you need a chat you know where I am. aw bless is your mum ok? poor lil thing feels guilty lol x
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • Options

sounds like you are doing the right things lovely - if there is anything I can do or you need a chat you know where I am. aw bless is your mum ok? poor lil thing feels guilty lol x

Thank you so much @Jellyelephant that's really kind of you <3

She's really struggling to move around so she's just resting but also trying to keep it somewhat mobile, which I can imagine is pretty hard with the pain. We're all in caring mode. I think he does feel guilty, it's a real shame for both of them
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,855 Master Poster
    I started counselling at school today. I have a 35 to 40 minute session each Monday for 6 weeks.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,132 Part of The Furniture
    edited January 2022
    @Jellyelephant - I am okay thank you. Though, feeling quite tired now as I have been focusing on my dissertation today! How are you? Seminars sound just as tiring. I am glad it was interesting though as that always helps. I hope you can get some rest this evening :3

@independent_ I am sorry to hear you are feeling tired and low. Do you know what caused you to feel low, sleep terribly, and have weird dreams last night? If you want to talk to us about anything, please feel free to do so! I hope you sleep better this evening :3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    @independent - I am glad to hear you know what may help you. I'm proud of you for identifying what might help and doing it to try and feel better! Such a huge step forwards in the right direction. I hope your mum feels better soon. Dogs are amazing at sensing when people are hurt :3

@Dancer - Aww, how did counselling go for you today? It sounds great that you have support in place :3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    @Laura_tigger82 I’m not totally sure. Just a bad couple of days and I don’t suppose it being the time of the month is helping :( ah well, I have my noise cancelling headphones on right now to block out the world and some good music on. I shall try to relax, I don’t think tomorrow is going to be much better tbh. I’m just hoping for a better sleep. My partner said I seemed very unsettled last night so I must have slept even worse than I thought I did.

How’ve you been recently?
  • Options
    Hey @independent_

I am sorry to hear you are struggling. Music is one of my main go-to's too! I hope the music helps you. What sort of music are you enjoying listening to at the moment? I hope you slept better last night and are feeling at least semi-better today.

I have been okay thank you. Though, quite fatigued from starting my dissertation yesterday. At least it is the final assignment before I can start looking for jobs and hopefully help people every day :3
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Good morning, how is everyone?
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    had my exam this morning it was really tough! cant believe I have to wait 3 weeks to find out how I have done
  • Options
    ooh thats nice @Zay, a nice little break

oh no @Jellyelephant, three weeks feels like ages away, I'm sure it'll come around quickly though, so you have anymore exams?
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Dandelion wrote: »
    ooh thats nice @Zay, a nice little break

oh no @Jellyelephant, three weeks feels like ages away, I'm sure it'll come around quickly though, so you have anymore exams?

I really hope it does - I just hope I have got a decent mark :/ no I don't have any more exams. Got another assignment coming up though which I want to get out of the way because I start placement in a few weeks so it will be difficult if I try and get it done while Im on placement too!

How are you? x
  • Options
    I'll keeps my fingers crossed for you. Yeah I can imagine trying to balance placement and assignments is hard. Are you looking forward to your placement?

I'm not too bad thanks, I get a mark back for an assignment I was really worried about at 6 so I'm not particularly looking forward to that :#
  • Options
    I'll keeps my fingers crossed for you. Yeah I can imagine trying to balance placement and assignments is hard. Are you looking forward to your placement?

I'm not too bad thanks, I get a mark back for an assignment I was really worried about at 6 so I'm not particularly looking forward to that :#

thanks and yeh im really looking forward to it - I am with an adult community mental health team :) my last placement was with CAMHS so this will be a nice contrast i think.

Oooh ill keep my fingers crossed for you! x
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,534 Skive's The Limit
    Had a face to face appointment with personality disorder service today. Went well tbf. See her again next week and she said she will look into getting a perso to speak to me about how I move out and find my opinions.

See the crisis team tomorrow for discharge review probably going to discharge me which is fine. Been over 3 weeks and they said only work with people for 3-7 days so it’s fine I feel calmer now anyway
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Shaunie wrote: »
    Had a face to face appointment with personality disorder service today. Went well tbf. See her again next week and she said she will look into getting a perso to speak to me about how I move out and find my opinions.

See the crisis team tomorrow for discharge review probably going to discharge me which is fine. Been over 3 weeks and they said only work with people for 3-7 days so it’s fine I feel calmer now anyway

I’m glad your appointment went well @Shaunie thats great news
  • Options

thanks and yeh im really looking forward to it - I am with an adult community mental health team :) my last placement was with CAMHS so this will be a nice contrast i think.

Oooh ill keep my fingers crossed for you! x

Ooh that’s sounds good, I guess it’ll give you experience with kids and young adults as well as adults.

Update on my assignment, I’m happy with my grade so very relieved
  • Options
    ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    About to rock up to uni on one and a half hours of sleep
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • Options
    Hey everyone! How are we all? :3

@Dandelion - Good morning. I am good thank you, how are you? I am really glad to hear you are happy with your coursework grade. You tried really hard and I am glad all your efforts paid off!

@Zay - How are you feeling about the teacher strike? I know you were feeling worried if this happened due to your mocks. However, in this post, you sound excited about the teacher strike. I just want to make sure you are genuinely okay!

@Jellyelephant - Aww no, I am really sorry to hear they were mean and gave you a tough exam. Well done for sitting the exam though. I know you tried really hard and hopefully, all your efforts will be rewarded. Please feel free to let us know how you get on once you know. Good luck with your coursework and placement!

@Shaunie - I’m glad to hear your appointment with personality disorder service went well. It is really important that you feel supported. I am glad to hear you feel supported by the team. Please feel free to let us know how you get on with the crisis team. Good luck!

@Apollo - Oh no, you must be really tired. Do you know why you didn’t sleep very well? I hope you sleep better tonight. Please try and take it easier on yourself until you have caught up on some sleep

Hugs to you all! <3
  • Options
    I'm alright this morning thanks @Laura_tigger82 , got most of the day off apart from a one hour lab at 3:30, so am going to spend the day checking through one of my assignments due next week and doing some revision, you got anything planned for today?
  • Options
    ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    @Laura_tigger82 just a bad schedule

Uni turned out not to be on so I woke up and got two trains for nada hell yeah
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • Options
    @Dandelion - I am glad you are okay this morning. It is great to hear that you will have some more flexibility in your schedule today to go through one of your assignments and revise. For me, it is another research methods day. So far I have been reading research about research (always makes me chuckle to say that!) =)

@Apollo - Oh no, that sounds really frustrating. You could have got some more sleep instead of travelling if you had known!
  • Options
  • Options
    @Zay - Aww, that's wonderful to hear! I'm really glad to hear you are enjoying time with your grandparents :3
  • Options
    overslept this mornng and missed my lecture lol thank u new meds for that... but i went to my afternoon seminar today which was interesting then i watched the film "Hitch" which is rly good if you haven't seen it on netflix... then i wrote my letter to the place I want to do my elective placement in the summer with :) so that's exciting I just hope that they say yes to me. Gonna listen to the lecture i missed this morning now and then probably make dinner.

Hows everyones day been?
  • Options
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,855 Master Poster
    I have parents evening tomorrow. :'(
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    @Jellyelephant - Oh no. Though, it sounds like you needed the sleep so I am glad you managed to have the extra sleep. It sounds like the rest of your day was super productive. A huge well done for that. What have you got for dinner? Good luck with your lecture catchup and placement decision! My day has been good thank you :)

@Zay - I am really glad to hear you are well. Grandparents are great. Your grandparents see the potential in you, the same as we do. You will go far! :)

@Dancer - Oh no, what's upsetting you and making you feel worried about parents' evening? I am sure it will be a great opportunity to share all your achievements and progress with your family :)
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Hello, how is everyone?