Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,132 Part of The Furniture
    @Shaunie

I hope you had a good sleep! How are you feeling now?

@Zay

Oh no, sorry to hear this. Did you get enough sleep last night? I once fell asleep in a lecture but that was after being up for quite some time to finish a deadline! I don’t recommend it.

Your revision won’t go to waste, the mocks might just be postponed or open book from home. Plus your revision will help to situate all your knowledge in your memory.

@jellyelephant

I am glad to hear things are going well for you. What are you currently reading or hoping to read?

@Dancer

Are you not a fan of maths then?
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    @Zay do you go about on three or four hours of sleep a day? Or sleep mid day?
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • Options
    JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,885 Extreme Poster
    @jellyelephant

I am glad to hear things are going well for you. What are you currently reading or hoping to reac?

My new book came today. It is called "girl A" its a sunday times best seller apparently. Ive read a few pages and it seems good. I want to get back into reading its a good way to pass the time lol

how are we all today? Im very tired at the mo because of my meds changing and also im taking strong painkillers for my sciatica so they make me tired too but I had a nap this afternoon. I also went to browse the shops for a bit and watched an online lecture so I feel like I have been quite productive today. Going to try and read a bit more of my book now I think.

Anybody up to much??
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    @Zay - Aww, sorry to hear this. You must be so tired :/

@Jellyelephant - That sounds like such a great book. I hope you enjoy reading it. I agree reading is a great way to pass the time!

I am currently reading a book by Vee Kativhu called Empowered: Live Your Life with Passion and Purpose.

Well done you for recognising you feel tired and taking a nap! Your body clearly needs the extra sleep, especially with the meds.

Talk about balance too as you also managed productivity. Think we all need your tips and tricks! :3

I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Good morning (just), how is everyone?
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Good morning @Dandelion

Quickly typing so that morning is acceptable! I'm well thank you, how are you today? :3
  • Options
    I'm alright thanks, I'm going back to uni in Sunday so trying to have some time to chill before then, just got a few little bits to finish off but hopefully I can get that done by 3ish then have the rest of the day off. You got anything planned today?
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Hi @Dandelion

How are you feeling about going back to uni on Sunday? It sounds like you are able to balance the next few tasks with some rest which is great to hear.

I'm similar to you. I'm also resting this weekend ready to go back to university on Monday! :3
  • Options
    I’m half looking forward to going back half not lol, was just about to make my self some soup for lunch when my dad asked if I want a KFC 😂 said to myself I’d eat in today but nevermind 😂😂.
  • Options
    @Dandelion - KFC sounds like the preferred option! It would be for me too :3
  • Options
    Yeah definitely @Laura_tigger82 especially when someone else is paying 😂😂
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    @Dandelion - Haha, that is a bonus indeed! :3
  • Options
    im so boredddddddddddd. Just doing some revision lol its wrecking my brain
  • Options
    Hey @Jellyelephant

We will help if we can! Is there a certain part of revision that is wrecking your brain? Are you taking regular breaks? :3
  • Options
    im so boredddddddddddd. Just doing some revision lol its wrecking my brain

I feel that, I've literally just opened my iPad to do some revision and I want to give up already. I just want to read my book
  • Options
    What meal at KFC did you opt for @Dandelion? I always liked the buckets best! :)

You can both do your revision @Dandelion @Jellyelephant. I know you will both do really well <3
  • Options
    Popcorn chicken, it's my favourite lol, I don't know if I've ever actually tried anything else. Needed to get one last KFC in before I went back to uni, the one in uni is miles away so I never get to go lol
  • Options
    That sounds amazing @Dandelion :3
  • Options
    yeh I took a break, two people who use to live in my building came round to say hi and brought their bunny so spent some time chatting with them. Now im making a bacon sandwich lol im hungry then back to the books!
  • Options
    Aww, rabbits and food always win! Enjoy and then get back to revision @Jellyelephant :3 What are you revising today anyway? <3
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,855 Master Poster
    I get to do my favourite PE activity this half term- Dance/Fitness! The choices were either Pilates, Dance/Fitness, Combat/Martial Arts or Conditioning. My year group get much more choice of what we want to do for PE rather than the younger students who just get told what they are doing and don't really get much of a say if at all.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    Hello hello hello peeps, how are we all?
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    thanks laura i am revising pharmacology today :) fun fun! gonna have a chinese with a pal later though haha x
  • Options
    @Dancer - Yay, I'm super excited for you! Dance was always one of my favourites too. My other favourite was trampolining :3

@Anch0r33 Hey! I'm good thank you. Though, starting to feel nervous about starting my Masters dissertation on Monday. I think that calls for rest and TV this weekend. How are you today? :3
  • Options
    @Laura_tigger82 my partner is working today so I've been home alone all day (how fun), got up a little late, like just after 10, then had a shower, did the rats meds and got myself some food. Stuck the TV on and been doing a mix of cleaning and watching TV, relaxing a little.

Just bored out of my mind in all honestly but feeling generally okay!
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    It sounds like you have had a mixture of a productive and restful day! Well done @Anch0r33. What have you been watching on TV? I hope you are less lonely this evening :3
  • Options
    @Laura_tigger82 thank you! I've been watching some random shit on Netflix and anything that pops on the TV!

My partner is taking me out for dinner tonight, so I'm sure it'll be a good evening!
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    Aww, I hope you enjoy dinner with your partner @Anch0r33 :3