Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,534 Skive's The Limit
    I’m missing chat
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,885 Extreme Poster
    Shaunie wrote: »
    I’m missing chat

me too x
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • Options
    DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    Hi how are you all this evening
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    edited January 2022
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Zay wrote: »
    im so boredddddddddddd. Just doing some revision lol its wrecking my brain
    Ahh tell me about it. I feel that, have mocks coming up next week (maybe if the teachers change their mind about going on strike)

stressful isnt it! My exam is on tuesday bioscience and pharmacology. Im hoping I do well I have done as much revision as I can
  • Options
  • Options
    im so boredddddddddddd. Just doing some revision lol its wrecking my brain
    Ahh tell me about it. I feel that, have mocks coming up next week (maybe if the teachers change their mind about going on strike)

stressful isnt it! My exam is on tuesday bioscience and pharmacology. Im hoping I do well I have done as much revision as I can

Yhhh trust me! I have been revising a lot too, especially in the mornings as I can't sleep. I have a stats mock on monday and I HATE stats :confounded:
    Good luck with your exam Jelly! <3
    Wishing you the best x

thank you lovely - good luck with yours too I am sure you will smash it x
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,649 Legendary Poster
    Has anyone here tried CBD for anxiety/stress? I’ve ordered some to try but wondered if anyone here had tried it?
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    I’m missing chat

Sameee @Shaunie
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,132 Part of The Furniture
    @Jellyelephant – Hey! Sorry, I seem to have managed to miss your response somehow. Aww, how did revising pharmacology go for you? I hope you enjoyed a Chinese with your pal! :3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Hey @Shaunie and @Jellyelephant! I am sorry to hear you are both missing chat. I hope chat will be back really soon. Until then though, please remember we are the same community and always more than happy to talk to and support one another <3

@Durhamjaide – Hey! I am good thank you. How are you? :3

@Zay – I am wishing you all the best of luck with your mocks if they still go ahead next week. If you need any support with statistics, please feel free to ask away and we will try our best to support you. Though, I cannot promise anything as statistics can be tricky! Student Minds are also here for you if you need support. You can find them at https://www.studentminds.org.uk/

@Jellyelephant – As you said, you have done as much revision as you can. Your best is more than good enough. Try to go into your exam feeling confident because I think you will smash your exam! If you want to talk about your exam stress, we are here for you! And so are Student Minds (https://www.studentminds.org.uk/)

@independent_ I am afraid I have not tried CBD for anxiety/stress so I cannot comment on lived experience with it. Please do not be too disappointed if it does not help. Different work for different people and it is not a reflection of you. I hope it helps you though. You deserve some relief from what you have been experiencing :3

I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Has anyone here tried CBD for anxiety/stress? I’ve ordered some to try but wondered if anyone here had tried it?

Yeah I used to vape it 2 years ago, it helped with the extreme anxiety I was feeling at the time. It alleviated my stress too. Made me feel relaxed.

I’m glad it helped you @Zay I’ve ordered the vaping kind too.
  • Options
    Hey
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    Hey @Shaunie, How are you doing today?
  • Options
    Hey

hey shaunie hows it going x
  • Options
    Struggling a bit but keeping myself safe. How are you? @Jellyelephant & @Brookee
  • Options
    Hey @Shaunie, @Brookee, and @Jellyelephant. How are we all?

I am sorry to hear you are struggling @Shaunie. Is there anything you would like to talk to us about that is making you feel this way?

Do you have a safety plan you can refer to or at least a list of things that might help you to feel better? For me, this would look like a warm bath, watching TV, and listening to music. I have a feeling that spending time with Teddy might be one of many things for you!

Please remember that Samaritans and Shout are always just a message or call away, the same as we are! We are always here for you, listening to you, and caring about you :3
  • Options
    Look at this funny dog lol

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZM8o3nkUU/
  • Options
    Im ok thanks - got my fourth date with this girl I've been seeing today :) so im kinda excited and nervous lol

how about you guys?
  • Options
    Im ok thanks - got my fourth date with this girl I've been seeing today :) so im kinda excited and nervous lol

how about you guys?

Awww enjoy!

I went on a beagle meet today
  • Options
  • Options
    @Shaunie - Aww, haha! Thanks for sharing the video of the funny dog with us :3 What did the beagle meet look like? It sounds great! <3

@Jellyelephant - Aww, best of luck with your date! I hope it goes well for you both :3 In terms of me, I'm trying to keep myself distracted from the fact my Masters dissertation begins tomorrow *vomits* =)
  • Options
    my date went well - there was a few definite "moments" eeeeeeeeeeeeee im excited. Feel good :)
  • Options
    DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    Hi how is everyone doing
  • Options
    @Jellyelephant - Yay! I am really glad to hear it went well for you :3

@Durhamjaide - Hey! I am good thank you. How are you today? :3
  • Options
    Awww @Jellyelephant that’s amazing to hear! I’m so glad it went well!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    thanks guys

how are we today? I just had a 2 hour seminar lol got an hour break then have another one
  • Options
    Ooh is it an interesting seminar at least @Jellyelephant?

I'm tired and feeling a bit low if I'm honest, slept terribly and had weird dreams all night so that won't be helping. I have a labrador next to me though yayyy!!!
  • Options
    Ooh is it an interesting seminar at least @Jellyelephant?

I'm tired and feeling a bit low if I'm honest, slept terribly and had weird dreams all night so that won't be helping. I have a labrador next to me though yayyy!!!

yeh was really interesting - it was all about patient choice and how we can empower patients to be involved in their care :)

sorry you didn;'t sleep well - a labrador makes up for it though! wish i had a dog next to me hahah