Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

General chit chat

Comments

• _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    @Dandelion oh well lol 😂I hope you enjoy the rest of the book❤️
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    @Dancer – I am really sorry to hear PE was difficult for you. I am really glad one of your teachers noticed and was there for you. Alternative strategies are always good when we are struggling. How are you currently feeling? <3

@Zay – Oh no! I am really sorry to hear that is the case. What are you currently trying to self-study for? Maybe we could recommend some resources? We care and are sorry to hear you are experiencing this at such a crucial time in your education <3

@Jellyelephant - Oh no! I am really sorry to hear you and Emily broke up. Breakups can always be tricky. How are you currently feeling? <3

@_Tech_Addict_Girl - Hey! I am largely up to research methods for the dissertation at the moment. I did volunteer last night though which was a nice change. What are you up to? <3

@Dandelion - – Wow! How amazing. Thanks so much for sharing with us. Do they have a name? I hope you managed to curl up on the sofa and read your book like how you wanted <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Hi @Zay

Ah, way above me! I don't have much subject knowledge of politics. However, I can hear it feels overwhelming, and I can support you with that. Are you able to make a list of topics you need to study and divide by the number of days? That's often how I manage with large workloads! By the way, YouTube tends to have a lot of subject knowledge! <3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    They actually don't have a name yet @Laura_tigger82 it's a present for a little boy, I've now got to make two little dinos, for his baby twin siblings who are due soon. I did get to curl up and read my book, I even had a brownie left which I had forgotten about, so I had that as a little snack as well lol
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,783 Master Poster
    Hi
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    edited January 2022
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Dancer wrote: »
    Hi

Hey @Dancer how are you today?
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
    I have another set of mock exams coming up. I only just found out today. It's a contingency plan in case exams end up being cancelled in May/June.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    Dancer wrote: »
    I have another set of mock exams coming up. I only just found out today. It's a contingency plan in case exams end up being cancelled in May/June.

I can imagine that must make them a bit harder @Dancer good luck for them though I’m sure you’ll smash them
    @Dandelion – Aww wow, really talented! I am sure they will really appreciate the present. Really cute. I am glad you managed to curl up and read your book! Oh, a brownie sounds amazing too. What flavour brownie was it? :3

@Dancer – Hey! How are you today? How do you feel about your mock exams? It is good that there is a contingency plan, but I know it has the potential to make people feel very different things! :3

@Zay – Yess! You are doing amazing. You already have a plan and stepping stones to get to where you want to be. I hear hard work in all of those stages too and your effort will pay off! Hopefully, you will also have the support of your tutors soon :3
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,493 Skive's The Limit
    How cute is this that Mind gave me. Blanket, chocolate, hot chocolate, fidget toy, stones with like gratitude on, colour pencils, colouring book, mind note pad, Mind cup and some lavender spray.

3hcw5bmmmtuz.jpeg
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Aww @Shaunie thats so cute
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,874 Extreme Poster
    hey guys how are we?
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    Hey @Jellyelephant I'm doing good thank you, how are you?
    hey guys how are we?
    Brookee wrote: »
    Hey @Jellyelephant I'm doing good thank you, how are you?

Im ok thanks, having a bit of a down day but trying to keep busy. Glad you are well x
    edited January 2022
    @Shaunie – Aww! I really like the idea of a comfort kit. Do you have any particular favourites within the comfort kit? I think they are all really cute :3

@Jellyelephant - Hey! I am good thank you. How are you feeling? Are you managing to keep busy? Please let us know if you want to talk to us about anything or if we can help with anything :3
    @Shaunie – Aww! I really like the idea of a comfort kit. Do you have any particular favourites within the comfort kit? I think they are all really cute :3

@Jellyelephant - Hey! I am good thank you. How are you feeling? Are you managing to keep busy? Please let us know if you want to talk to us about anything or if we can help with anything :3

thanks I am not feeling great but I am trying to keep busy. Hopefully am going for a picnic with my friend this afternoon so that will keep me occupied. Then i will do some work on my assignment i think. Had a bit of a change up of meds which is helping me stay calm. Are you up to much today??
    Hey @Jellyelephant

Thanks for your response. I hope you enjoy the picnic with your friend this afternoon. A picnic does indeed sound like a great distraction. I am currently studying research methods (yes again!). How much of your assignment have you got left? I am glad the meds are also helping :3
    Hey @Jellyelephant

Thanks for your response. I hope you enjoy the picnic with your friend this afternoon. A picnic does indeed sound like a great distraction. I am currently studying research methods (yes again!). How much of your assignment have you got left? I am glad the meds are also helping :3

didnt go in the end. Im a bit annoyed tbh because I was planning to go for a walk today but my friend asked me if i wanted to go for the picnic after he had been swimming so I waited in for him and then after a few hours i was like whats going on?? and he was like oh sorry i went to get my hair cut. Like, I could have done something for myself but now it is too late to go anywhere. I have about 2000 words left of my assignment :) Hows your studying going?
    Hey @Jellyelephant

Oh no, it is always frustrating when people cancel last minute, isn't it? I am really sorry to hear that has happened to you today. Can you do something for yourself this evening or tomorrow and re-arrange with your friend for another day?

Oh wow, you are doing so well with your assignment, well done. I noticed the smiley face in relation to your assignment. Are you feeling happy about the progress you are making? I think you should be, and proud too!

I am getting there thank you. Currently need to keep reading research about how to do research, then I can start on the literature review process. I did finish a book this morning about it so that helped. Thanks so much for asking, I really appreciate your kindness :3
  • DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    Dandelion wrote: »
    Hi @Durhamjaide I’m not too bad thanks just got home from uni, how are you?
    I’m good thanks wuu2?
    Morning all , how is everyone.

I just had a chill day yesterday @Durhamjaide today im getting on with some revision. You got anything planned?
    Good morning @Dandelion

I am good thank you. How are you today? I hope revision goes well for you today! Do you need to revise anything in particular? I am similar today in that I am reading more about research methods. I am hoping to have a walk with my family later though which would be a nice break :3
    Hey @Laura_tigger82 I'm just revising for my exams, my first one is on Friday :# I'm going to stop at about 3ish though and have the rest of the day to chill which I'm looking forward to. I hope your reading goes well. A walk sounds nice, make sure you wrap up warm, it's freezing outside.
    Hey @Dandelion

You will smash your exams! You are working really hard towards your exams. Your efforts will pay off. I hope you enjoy the chill-out part of your day too. Thanks so much for your good luck with the reading. Oh, I will wrap up warm, jumpers are my favourite! :3
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Good Evening
    Good morning @Supernova. How are you today? I hope you are well. Sorry, I wasn't online yesterday evening! :3
    It was quite embarrassing. I was on my way to the bus stop on the way home from school and then I just suddenly fell over. I'm absolutely fine though. And it was near my school. At least there weren't any of my teachers around otherwise it would have been very embarrassing.
    Hey @Dancer

Thanks for your response. Oh no, I am really sorry to hear this happened to you. I am glad you are fine though. I hope your teachers would be understanding and just support you, but I am glad you did not experience the potential embarrassment :3