Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Dancer wrote: »
    It was quite embarrassing. I was on my way to the bus stop on the way home from school and then I just suddenly fell over. I'm absolutely fine though. And it was near my school. At least there weren't any of my teachers around otherwise it would have been very embarrassing.

Aw I’ve done that before @Dancer still have to scar on my knee lol. I remember being totally embarrassed too, I’m sure people didn’t really notice though. I hope your okay now
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,135 Part of The Furniture
    Hey @Dandelion

Thanks for your response. Your continued support within our community is always acknowledged and appreciated. You have made a really good point, the things we are often embarrassed about aren't often the things other people notice (at least not as much as we worry they might!). I hope your knee is ok :3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,815 Master Poster
    Thankfully I didn't fall over again today on the way to the bus stop.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,522 Skive's The Limit
    Hey
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Hey @Shaunie how are you?
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    @Dancer - Hey. Glad to hear you are doing better today. How are you in general today? I hope you are well! :)

Hey @Shaunie and @Dandelion. How are you both today? I hope you are both well! Please remember we are always here for both of you, and anyone else though :)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    I woke up at 5am in quite a bit of pain thanks to stupid period cramps. Thankfully it meant that I was able to get a pad on before I bled into my bedding again which is gross.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    And I got back to sleep after having some paracetamol afterwards but now it's 6:45am and I actually have to wake up. :(
  • Options
    Hey @Dancer

Thanks for your post. I am really sorry to hear you woke up to period cramps, that is never pleasant. Though, as you said, I am also glad it did wake you up as it prevented a leak.

Disrupted sleep is never pleasant either though. I hope you can take it easy on yourself today and get some rest. I also hope the paracetamol helped with the cramp! :3
  • Options
    Hey how is everyone?
  • Options
    BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    Hey @Dandelion, I'm doing good thank you, how are you doing today?
  • Options
    I’m glad you’re doing good. I’m insanely bored lol I’ve been revising all day just want my exams over with now, you got any plans for this evening?
  • Options
    Hey @Dandelion

Thanks for your post. I am good thank you. I am sorry to hear you are feeling bored. You have worked so hard towards your exams and your effort will pay off! But make sure you are taking regular breaks for yourself too. Hopefully, your exams will be over in no time :3
  • Options
    I still went to school despite how I didn't get a great night of sleep. I can't just take loads of time off school every time I get my period, otherwise my attendance would be at about 70% Thankfully the paracetamol really helped with the pain and I've only needed one more dose since then (at about 10:30am.) Periods suck.
  • Options
    Hey @Dancer
    It's very difficult to do a lot of things when on your period, it's important to be gentle with yourself during this time. You're doing the best you can. It's difficult but I'm pleased that paracetamol is helping slightly. Periods are very infuriating, and I think it's really overlooked how strong you are for going to school with such painful periods! I hope the pain eases for you soon!
  • Options
    Hey @Dancer

I completely understand. I just hope you had some rest at break time, lunchtime, and after school. How was school? I am really glad to hear the paracetamol helped :3
  • Options
    DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    Hi how are you all doing
  • Options
    Me and my sister had some fun earlier in the car park after finishing going shopping with my mum. We finished putting the stuff away in the car and then I was going to put the trolley back into the trolley area and then my sister grabbed the trolley and told me to get in. We then ran through the car park with me in the trolley and did some fast turns too. Then I climbed out of the side of the trolley and we raced back to the car.
  • Options
    @Durhamjaide - Hey! I am good thank you. How are you today? I hope you are well :3

@Dancer - Haha, your post made me chuckle. The highlight of my day. I am glad to hear you had some fun with your sister. Hopefully, more fun adventures to come :3
  • Options
    I have an exam at 2 today 😬😬 I’m so nervous I just want to do it now to get it out of the way
  • Options
    @TheMix is at the top of this paper mind gave me. Doesn’t say about the group chats or the discussion boards though.
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    bedrjaaorey0.jpeg
  • Options
    @Dandelion – Good luck with your exam! You will smash it. You have been working really hard towards your exam. I hope you can treat yourself afterwards :)

@Shaunie – Hey! Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I think it is really important. It could be due to differences in training :)
  • Options
    ConnorConnor Deactivated Posts: 508 Incredible Poster
    Cheers for letting us know @Shaunie . We'll be in touch with Mind and ask them about updating their signpost since it seems like more information is needed about what we offer :)
  • Options
    @Dandelion – Good luck with your exam! You will smash it. You have been working really hard towards your exam. I hope you can treat yourself afterwards :)

– Hey! Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I think it is really important. It could be due to differences in training :)

Finished my exam, it was harder than I though it would be but hopefully I’ve still done okay, I’m going to go for a walk now cause I literally haven’t left the house for 3 days, I’m going to get some garlic bread to go with my pasta tonight as a treat lol
  • Options
    Hey @Dandelion

Thanks for your response. Congratulations on finishing the exam. I think that is a huge achievement in itself! I am sorry to hear the exam was harder than you thought but I am sure you will also do better than you think. I hope you get to go for a walk and spend some time taking care of yourself now the exam is done. Garlic bread and pasta sounds like a fab combination :3
  • Options
    Hey, how is everyone?
  • Options
    Hey @Dandelion
    I'm doing good thank you, how are you doing today?
  • Options
    JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,878 Extreme Poster
    hey guys :) How are we today?

its my birthday today so I had a nice chilled day. My friend came round for a bit and my mum came to visit yesterday which was nice. Got placement tomorrow which I am looking forward to :)
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • Options
    DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    hey guys :) How are we today?

its my birthday today so I had a nice chilled day. My friend came round for a bit and my mum came to visit yesterday which was nice. Got placement tomorrow which I am looking forward to :)

Happy birthday