Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    I’m good thanks what’s everyone up to tonight
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Hey guys, how is everyone, I’m going to have a quiet evening tonight (I say that like that’s not what I do every night 😂) I’m just about to make dinner then I’m going to read my book and watch some TV. What is everyone else up to
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,829 Master Poster
    I had parents evening today. It was online so at least I didn't have the awkwardness of wandering around the school trying to find where each teacher is and queuing up to see them. The only issue was that my Photography teacher is a bit ill so she had to cancel the appointments she had but she is going to email parents instead when she is better.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Zay wrote: »
    Dandelion wrote: »
    Hey guys, how is everyone
    Going home today :tired_face: I have college tomorrow, I had such a great time staying with my grandparents for a few nights. I also have an economics mock to revise for which is taking place next week Friday

Ah no, I’m glad you had a good time with your grandparents though. Good luck for your mock, I’m sure you’ll smash it!
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Dancer wrote: »
    I had parents evening today. It was online so at least I didn't have the awkwardness of wandering around the school trying to find where each teacher is and queuing up to see them. The only issue was that my Photography teacher is a bit ill so she had to cancel the appointments she had but she is going to email parents instead when she is better.

Aw I remember the awkwardness of parents evening and having to wait ages after your time slot if they were running late I used to hate them 😂 I can imagine they’re easier online
  • Options
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,133 Part of The Furniture
    Hey @supernova. I am good thank you. How are you today? :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    @Laura_tigger82 you have 2022 posts
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Hey @Apollo! How are you today? Please could you clarify what you mean? I just want to make sure I have interpreted your post correctly and give you the best response possible :3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    @Durhamjaide - I'm glad you're good. I was up to training. How was your evening?

@Dandelion - Hey! I'm good thank you. How are you? A quiet night sounds like my favourite kind of night. How was your dinner, book, and TV? I was up to training last night.

@Zay - I am really glad to hear you enjoyed time with your grandparents. Good luck with going home and college. You will indeed smash your mock, especially if you put in as much effort as you did for statistics. If you need us for anything, you know where we are.

@Dancer - I am really glad to hear parents evening went well. How amazing that you managed to avoid the traditional embarrassment of trying to find all your teachers on parents evening. I hope your parents hear from your photography teacher when she is better :3
  • Options
    It was good thanks @Laura_tigger82 although my housemates were watching a comedy whilst I was trying to read, I probably should've gone and sat in my room lol. Im up early this morning, need to try and fix my assignment.
  • Options
  • Options
    DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    Zay wrote: »
    I had a dream that I finally got a job. It was kinda distant from where I live, like one hour away. And my mum wasn't going to let me because of the distance but I managed to convince her since I was like to her "I'm turning 18 in two months though". And lol it was my ex who helped me get the job since it was from his company. But they didn't know that.

I just hope my dream comes true about me getting a job!
    I hope so to
  • Options
    I'm sooooooooo tired
  • Options
    JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,878 Extreme Poster
    hey guys how are we today?

Im ok just getting a little nervous I have my 5th date with Emily on Sunday. I am excited because I love seeing her but I invited her round to my flat and I am always worried about people coming round incase im boring or my flat is shit or they think its dirty lol
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,523 Skive's The Limit

Im ok just getting a little nervous I have my 5th date with Emily on Sunday. I am excited because I love seeing her but I invited her round to my flat and I am always worried about people coming round incase im boring or my flat is shit or they think its dirty lol

I think your flat is really cool!

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Well my week as been consistanting of looking at studio flats so I’m a bit stressed. None of them look as good as yours though 😅
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Shaunie wrote: »

I think your flat is really cool!

thanks shaunie, I have been rearranging and tidying all day haha hopefully she will like it
  • Options
    Aw I’m sure she will!

The personality disorder team said they are gunna help me move out
  • Options
    Aw I’m sure she will!

The personality disorder team said they are gunna help me move out

thats so good shaunie Im really pleased
  • Options
    Yeah I see the woman again next week to talk about it and support. And she’s getting some financial advisor to come see me
  • Options
    Yeah I see the woman again next week to talk about it and support. And she’s getting some financial advisor to come see me

thats amazing news i think it would do you really a lot of good to move out xx
  • Options
    Hey all. How are we all today?

@Dandelion - I am glad to hear it was good. Aw yeah, I hope you all managed to watch a comedy/read in the end. How is your assignment coming along now? 😊

@Zay - Dreams can be strange, but I think the message for you is trying to find freedom with becoming an adult, which I know is real! I know you will find a job when the time is right 😊

@Jellyelephant – I am good thank you. I am glad to hear you are good. I am sorry to hear you are feeling nervous, I am sure Emily accepts you for who you are and that includes your flat. It is time with you that matters the most to Emily. Enjoy 😊

@Shaunie - Aw yay, looking at studio flats sounds really interesting! Have you managed to find any yet? I am really glad to hear the personality disorder team will help you with the move. If you need anything else, please just reach out 😊

• Options
    Morning everyone, anyone got any plans for today?

I’m hoping to get it sorted by the end of today @Laura_tigger82, want a bit of a break today though so I’ll probably only work till 3/4 but hopefully that’s enough time
  • Options
    @Dandelion good morning, my only plan for today is going to see Encanto at 1
  • Options
    ooh have fun @Apollo I love Encanto
  • Options
    Has anyone been playing Wordle?
  • Options
    @Dandelion not seen it before looking forward to it, and what's Wordle?
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,829 Master Poster
    I just had hotdogs for lunch but now my stomach is still making noise. Does that mean my body is digesting the food or my body is still hungry?
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous