Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,874 Extreme Poster
    @Shaunie im back lol soz had therapy at 11.

yeh im the same i panic buy. I can't believe it is on saturday. Yes i had a celebrations mcflurry the other day actually it was well nice :) would recommend
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hey @Jellyelephant

Lovely to see you are back with us.

How was therapy today? :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Hey @Jellyelephant

Lovely to see you are back with us.

How was therapy today? :)

thanks it was good - my therapist is a real life angel <3 just got to speak to my psych at 1.30 then ill be done with appointments for the day. Might go for a walk i think afterwards. How are you?
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    My wrapping skills are horrific this year. Oops
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Swear the worst part of writing coursework is finding journal article you don’t have to pay for 🙄🙄
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Just this year @GreenTea ? If that is the case then you are doing well because my wrapping skills are always horrific =)

I am so glad you are feeling supported @Jellyelephant. A walk sounds good. I'm good thank you! :3

@Dandelion if you find a journal article you like the look of, you can type the title in AND free pdf and it may be more likely to come up or search it in your university's elibrary! :3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Just this year @GreenTea ? If that is the case then you are doing well because my wrapping skills are always horrific =)

I am so glad you are feeling supported @Jellyelephant. A walk sounds good. I'm good thank you! :3

@Dandelion if you find a journal article you like the look of, you can type the title in AND free pdf and it may be more likely to come up or search it in your university's elibrary! :3

Thanks @Laura_tigger82 that’s helpful. I’m using my library service now, which I hate doing because you have to go through hundreds of links to just open the article (might be a bit of an exaggeration 😂)
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,497 Skive's The Limit
    I’m just trying to do my make up and teddys like clinging to me 😅pcan1z04enc1.jpeg
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Tbh my wrapping is always bad because I just dont bother with it
  • Options
    I’ve made him more comfy nodxe6e8o5ay.jpeg
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Ew my hands and arms look so fat
  • Options
    Wondered why I was freezing, no one is normally home at this time, so the heating was off 🥶🥶
  • Options
    Dandelion wrote: »
    Wondered why I was freezing, no one is normally home at this time, so the heating was off 🥶🥶

Lol welcome to my world. Don't use the heating very much.
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    I just put the heating up a couple of degrees. Feeling sore and tired so I do not want to be cold too lol.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    I am planning on doing nice wrapping this year im usually crap at it but the folding lady on tiktok shows me how to do it all nice. We shall see how it goes i might get fed up though lol
  • Options
    I am planning on doing nice wrapping this year im usually crap at it but the folding lady on tiktok shows me how to do it all nice. We shall see how it goes i might get fed up though lol

Ima stick a bow on mine and hope it looks better 😂
  • Options
    Ha @Dandelion :) I'll give you a top tip, the best links are usually at the top of the results!

Aww, cuddly Teddy! I also like your Christmas themed jumper @Shaunie :)

You made me chuckle @GreenTea. A bow sounds great <3
  • Options
    Should I be worried my PCR still hasn't come through? Like the results?
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Nah, I don't think so @GreenTea.

Probably just a hold-up with the number of people testing! Especially with the number of people heading to families or holidays. Let's hope anyway!

I'm really happy for you @zaynab_5 :) You deserve all their support <3
  • Options
    Ah I'm so tired. Why is one trip out of the house so exhausting loll
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Take it easy on yourself @independent_ <3

Your one trip out of the house was your vaccine, it is understandable you are exhausted.

(1) The vaccine makes you feel tired and

(2) You are probably feeling relieved that it is done

I know I was tired after my vaccine :)
  • Options
    That's true @Laura_tigger82 also had another rubbish sleep last night, more weird dreams and was awake a lot. Dad wants me to go round the village with him delivering Christmas cards too later lol oh no.
  • Options
    An additional reason why you would be feeling tired @independent_ :)

Not that you even need a reason to feel tired <3

Just take it easy on yourself <3

Do you want to talk about the dreams you had last night? or how you are feeling today?

If you would like to deliver Christmas cards with your dad later, make sure you have a rest this afternoon so you can enjoy it :)
  • Options
    The urge to harm myself is so bad lol 🥲🥲🥲🥲
  • Options
    That's true @Laura_tigger82 also had another rubbish sleep last night, more weird dreams and was awake a lot. Dad wants me to go round the village with him delivering Christmas cards too later lol oh no.

Fresh air might be good!
  • Options
    Sorry to hear you are feeling this way @Shaunie

Is there anything you would like to talk to us about?

What time do you have the crisis team today?

Please also remember that Samaritans and Papyrus are here for you. They are just a phone call or message away, like us <3
  • Options
    La la la la la laaaa
  • Options
    Idk what song to put on