Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    They do a few nice rosé proseccos. Think I'll get one for christmas day.

I'm not drinking this year tbh. I'll have to live the alcohol experience through someone else
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,522 Skive's The Limit
    I could really do with a night out. I mean not clubbing just going to a load of pubs and drinking
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,878 Extreme Poster
    Shaunie wrote: »
    Jellyyyyyyy 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

shaunieeeeeee <3 Nearly done mine but i get my money on the 24th so gonna have to do a christmas eve dash for my last two presents but i know what I am getting just need the money ahh. Hope you have a nice time in town
    Woo injection done! They've cut the 15 minute wait to 5 minutes, still the longest 5 minutes of my life lol. There was a queue about 20 people long outside the centre, it was freezing!!!

glad you got your jab done now!

glad everyones alright. Im watching come dine with me while i wait for therapy at 11. Then this afternoon I have a call with my psychiatrist and then might go for a walk i think. Anyone doing anything nice today?

does anyone else keep getting put on spam block for commenting too quickly lmao it drives me insane
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,647 Legendary Poster
    I have baileys for christmas day. Just like the aldi pink prosecco so will be nice to have one of those in.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Spam block sucks. Especially now I have better internet and my comments go through when I want them to I have to watch out for it lol @Jellyelephant
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Ima ring up about my PCR. Can't remember what details I need?
  • Options
    Shaunie wrote: »
    Jellyyyyyyy 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

shaunieeeeeee <3 Nearly done mine but i get my money on the 24th so gonna have to do a christmas eve dash for my last two presents but i know what I am getting just need the money ahh. Hope you have a nice time in town

[

Aw I don’t get paid til after Christmas now. Wonder if I will get sick pay.
    Ahhh will probably be going into town to panic buy before Christmas too lol. Normally jusy throw everything into w basket lol.

Thanks. I wanna get a celebrations McFlurry. Have you tried it? So nice.

Yeah I keep getting spam block too. Have to wait like a minute after every reply
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    I’m gunna get into shower now. The. Tidy my room. My room is an actual state and need to start it. Kee putting it off. Wanna start it before I go into town anyway
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,120 Part of The Furniture
    @zaynab_5

That must be really tough. I am sorry. I am really glad to hear you are accessing the support you need and deserve from CAMHS though! :3

@Shaunie

Yes, I really like cooking time management games on my phone. The current two I like are Delicious World and Cooking Diary.

I have heard good things about Temple Run too if cooking isn't your type of thing :)

@independent_

Well done. I am really glad to hear you have managed to have your vaccination! How are you currently feeling? :)

@GreenTea

Good luck with your PCR results! Unfortunately, I also don't know what details you need but hopefully, you will be okay :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Wtf
  • Options
    They changed the time scale of being able to chase them up..it's gone from 72 hours to 93 hours
  • Options
    What's up @GreenTea ? :)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Ima have to ring again in a few hours
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Hate getting presents most stressful thing going probably cause am so indecisive
  • Options
    Oh no, good luck @GreenTea.

I know it could be frustrating as you have to wait even longer but hopefully, you'll hear soon :3
  • Options
    They didn't have my pink prosecco!!!! Shame, everyone must love it as much as me!

@Laura_tigger82 feeling ok, I can feel the sore arm coming on though lol. I had it really bad the first 2 times so I'm waiting for it hahaha. Wish me luck
  • Options
    I can’t believe it’s Christmas on Saturday. Crazy how fast this year has gone
  • Options
    Where’s jelly gone. Cryy
  • Options
    I am wishing you all the best of luck indeed @independent_ :3

Rest your arm!

And it has gone really fast indeed @Shaunie.

I am looking forward to 2022 though so I am particularly looking forward to New Year's Eve! <3
  • Options
    Can’t wait for the year to be over. But don’t wanna start a new one either 😫😅
  • Options
    One day at a time. One step at a time. You have got this @Shaunie <3
  • Options
    @independent_ drink lots of water and keep your arm moving is supposed to help
  • Options
    Oh gosh, resting my arm was certainly the best thing I did! Moving it felt like it was being pulled =)
  • Options
    Oh gosh, resting my arm was certainly the best thing I did! Moving it felt like it was being pulled =)

Nurses told me with both vaccines to drink water and keep arm moving
  • Options
    Yeah they told me to drink water and take painkillers if needed. The nurse didn't say anything about the arm but I've heard a lot of people say keep it moving too. But guess it will depend on the person
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing their advice with us to help others then @GreenTea :)
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Morning all, anyone got any plans for today, I’m going to aim to be productive and start a piece of coursework 😬 we’ll see how that goes 😂
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Good morning @Dandelion

My only plans for today are to relax :)

Best of luck with your coursework. If we can do anything to support you, please let us know <3
  • Options
    Don’t think teddy is feeling too well :(
  • Options
    Oh no, this isn't good news @Shaunie :/

Make sure Teddy has plenty of water, light food, and cuddles.

Hopefully, Teddy will feel better soon <3