Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,120 Part of The Furniture
    No worries @Jellyelephant <3

Just want you to feel as supported as possible :)

Pasta sounds really good! :)

It sounds like you have a great combination of productivity and resting which is great to hear.

What do you plan to watch on TV? :)

I hope you have the best time at your mum's for Christmas!

I am really pleased to hear your PCR results came back as negative <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    I got a bit of the next section done, I have about 1400 words left but I might not use all of them it’s a bit confusing we have limit of 2000 words but we can’t go over 1 page per section. I’m hoping I’ll get it finished soon, because the other piece of coursework I have to do is a lot harder lol
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,878 Extreme Poster
    No worries @Jellyelephant <3

Just want you to feel as supported as possible :)

Pasta sounds really good! :)

It sounds like you have a great combination of productivity and resting which is great to hear.

What do you plan to watch on TV? :)

I hope you have the best time at your mum's for Christmas!

I am really pleased to hear your PCR results came back as negative <3

thanks thats kind - yeh my pasta bake was delish the cheese is so nice and melty lol. I plan to watch nativity i think ... the film. Its my favourite christmas film.
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • Options
    It sounds like you are on a roll with it @Dandelion :)

At most, it calculates as approximately 500 words a day if you are wanting to finish the report on Christmas Eve :)

Keep going! <3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Oh, cheese bake sounds really lovely @Jellyelephant :)

Were there any other flavours added? I know that tomato is often associated with pasta but just cheese sounds great to me too :)

Nativity makes me chuckle! I hope you enjoy watching it :3
  • Options

Were there any other flavours added? I know that tomato is often associated with pasta but just cheese sounds great to me too :)

oh yeh i used a tomato and mascarpone sauce and then put cheese on top and baked it in the oven it was really tasty!
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,518 Skive's The Limit
    Just came back from town. Didn’t get my McFlurry:((((
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options

oh yeh i used a tomato and mascarpone sauce and then put cheese on top and baked it in the oven it was really tasty!

Omg that sounds nice!
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Shaunie wrote: »
    Just came back from town. Didn’t get my McFlurry:((((

did you manage to get much shopping done shaunie? x
  • Options
    That sounds delicious @Jellyelephant :)

How is the cake coming along? :)

Oh no @Shaunie :/ Sorry, you didn't get your mcflurry! Hopefully next time. How was town?
  • Options
    Dandelion wrote: »
    I got a bit of the next section done, I have about 1400 words left but I might not use all of them it’s a bit confusing we have limit of 2000 words but we can’t go over 1 page per section. I’m hoping I’ll get it finished soon, because the other piece of coursework I have to do is a lot harder lol

Well done!
  • Options
    That sounds delicious @ :)

How is the cake coming along? :)

Oh no @Shaunie :/ Sorry, you didn't get your mcflurry! Hopefully next time. How was town?

It was okay. Didn’t really buy much. Got some jelly fruit which I love and wrapping paper and some pjs for my older sister

Been up to much today @Laura_tigger82
  • Options
    Aww, it seems like your Christmas shopping was full of Christmas-themed items! I am glad it was okay :3

I haven't been up to much today. Mainly just resting and listening to music though I did also get to spend some time with my family! :3
  • Options
    Are you a mod @Laura_tigger82 ? Or just a really
    Helpful nice user lol

Yeah it was nice to go out and feel distracted for a bit ☺️

And aw nice family time?
  • Options
    Aww, I'm not a mod so I must be the second if you think I am nice @Shaunie :)

I am an elf though as I offered to help out extra over the Christmas and New Year period!

I genuinely care about all of you <3

Glad you enjoyed shopping and that it was a nice distraction :)

Indeed! Thank you for asking. I really value time with my family <3
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    edited December 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I'm not crying... you are both lovely! Thanks so much @zaynab_5 and @Shaunie <3

Always more than happy to help you all :)

But nope, I'm just another human waddling through this thing called life! <3
  • Options
    Ava16Ava16 Posts: 43 Boards Initiate
    hi how is everyone? :)
  • Options
    Hey @Ava16 im alright thanks, how are you?
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Ava16Ava16 Posts: 43 Boards Initiate
    Hi @Dandelion
    Excited for Christmas! I didn't hav home leave for a while, I'm so happy to see my family again.
    What are you up to?
  • Options
    I'm not crying... you are both lovely! Thanks so much @zaynab_5 and @Shaunie <3

Always more than happy to help you all :)

But nope, I'm just another human waddling through this thing called life! <3

Aww you’re very kind <3
  • Options
    Dandelion wrote: »
    Hey @Ava16 im alright thanks, how are you?

You been up to much @Dandelion ready for Christmas ?
  • Options
    Ava16 wrote: »
    Hi @Dandelion
    Excited for Christmas! I didn't hav home leave for a while, I'm so happy to see my family again.
    What are you up to?

Aw that’s nice. Are you in hospital?
  • Options
    Ooh @Ava16 that sounds so exciting, I hope you have a nice Christmas! I’m excited for it too

Hey @Shaunie, how are you? I’m semi ready for Christmas lol I still need to wrap some presents and I need to find my mum something 😬
  • Options
    People don’t leave it to the 24th to wrap presents?lol
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,807 Master Poster
    Sometimes my cats like to try and wrap eachother up when pretending to help.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Shaunie wrote: »
    People don’t leave it to the 24th to wrap presents?lol

I normally do tbf, I share a room with my sister though so hiding her presents is hard I normally just wrap them as soon as they come 😂
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,807 Master Poster
    Dancer wrote: »

They haven't successfully done it though but my mum still tries (and fails) to keep the cats out of the way.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options

They haven't successfully done it though but my mum still tries (and fails) to keep the cats out of the way.

Oh no! I bet it’s super cute though 😂
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,643 Legendary Poster
    How long does a direct debit take to go through? My EE app says I’ve paid but it’s not showing up on my bank account as paid? Is it because it’s nearly christmas? I don’t have any pending transactions
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”