Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,878 Extreme Poster
    I have to go to the shops with mum to get last minute bits of shopping, we’ve got a list of food we forgot to get and we need to stock up on wine.

I’ve just won £30 on the lottery lol so that can go towards something nice for Christmas Day.

ooh congrats on your win. THats not bad! :) hope you have a nice day shopping
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,647 Legendary Poster
    I have to go to the shops with mum to get last minute bits of shopping, we’ve got a list of food we forgot to get and we need to stock up on wine.

I’ve just won £30 on the lottery lol so that can go towards something nice for Christmas Day.

ooh congrats on your win. THats not bad! :) hope you have a nice day shopping

@Jellyelephant thank you <3 I couldn’t believe it, that’s a few times I’ve won £30 now and for it to happen 2 days before christmas is pretty nice!!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,120 Part of The Furniture
    Thanks for sharing the music you both enjoy @Apollo :)

Oh, I like Daft Punk too! What is your favourite Daft Punk song?

And can you recommend any Kero Kero Bonito and Mitski songs for me?

I'm not sure I have heard of them before! :3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Good morning @supernova, @Jellyelephant, @independent_, and @Millie2787

How are we all this morning?

Good luck to your brother with his vaccine @Millie2787 and good luck to you with looking after your niece today! I am sure you will enjoy it, the same with wrapping presents with your mum :)

Have a safe travel @Jellyelephant. Hopefully, you won't have forgotten anything but if you have it is never too late, there are usually temporary replacements if you have all the essentials! <3

That's a nice big win @independent_ Congratulations! What might you buy? :)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,522 Skive's The Limit
    Aw that’s great @independent_
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    I’ve basically only just woke up
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Morning guys, merry Christmas Eve Eve
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
  • Options
    Good morning @Shaunie and @Dandelion :)

How are you both?

Merry Christmas Eve Eve to you too @Dandelion <3
  • Options
    Shaunie wrote: »

That’s where I got it from @Shaunie 😂😂😂 they’re all so funny
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,808 Master Poster
    Hello
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Good morning @Shaunie and @Dandelion :)

How are you both?

Merry Christmas Eve Eve to you too @Dandelion <3

I’m not too bad thanks @Laura_tigger82 just got back from a run, now I need to actually get some work done, and go to town a bit later to get some bits. How are you? You got much planned today?
  • Options
    Hello @Dancer :) How are you?

I'm glad you are okay @Dandelion :)

How was the run? And how much work have you got left? I know you had nearly completed your report when I last heard yesterday! I hope you enjoy the town.

I'm good thank you. I haven't got much planned but I am even more excited that Encanto comes to Disney+ tomorrow! =)
  • Options
    My run was okay thanks @Laura_tigger82 ive got used to running my route at uni so I’m finding this route back home a bit harder (there’s more hills lol). I’ve got one small section left and then I need to amend bits and reference but I still hoping I can get it done today, I’ll let you know at the end of the day 😂.

Ooh I didn’t realise encanto was out so soon, I’ll have to watch it at some point
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Yes hello hello :D hope you're all enjoying the holidays.

I'm okay, not much really happening for me but some friends are home over Christmas so I'll probably be organising doing something with them at some point.

Anyone doing anything nice over Christmas and New Year?
  • Options
    I finished my report 🙌🏻🙌🏻 Still have to reference it but I’m weird and quite like referencing so that’s not too bad
  • Options
    Ah, I am so happy for you @Dandelion! *Happy dance*. Proud of you <3

I always love watching new Disney films on Christmas Eve with my family and it looks like Encanto is this year's watch! :3

How are your holidays going @Supernova? :3 Time with friends sounds great <3
  • Options
    AbigailAbigail Posts: 818 Part of The Mix Family
    Dandelion wrote: »
    I finished my report 🙌🏻🙌🏻 Still have to reference it but I’m weird and quite like referencing so that’s not too bad

I love referencing and doing the bibliography (what my uni calls it). Normally just sit there on the sofa and just do them all at once
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • Options
    I wish I was back in my own cosy lil flat I get so anxious being here at my mums
  • Options
    You and I both @Abigail :)

Preferably with a cup of tea and music in the background for me! :)

I'm sorry to hear you are struggling @Jellyelephant

Is there anything we can do to support you with your anxiety?

What normally helps you when you are feeling anxious?
  • Options
    Abigail wrote: »
    Dandelion wrote: »

I love referencing and doing the bibliography (what my uni calls it). Normally just sit there on the sofa and just do them all at once

Yeah that’s what I do, probably why I enjoy it so much 😂
  • Options
    I'm glad to hear you also enjoy referencing @Dandelion =)
  • Options
    You and I both @Abigail :)

Preferably with a cup of tea and music in the background for me! :)

I'm sorry to hear you are struggling @Jellyelephant

Is there anything we can do to support you with your anxiety?

What normally helps you when you are feeling anxious?

thanks but theres nothing you can do. I cant do my usual coping things here.
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear this @Jellyelephant :/

Could you do relaxing activities like listening to music and watching television?

Could you plan activities with your family like baking, games, and shopping?

I can certainly listen and hope you are feeling better soon :3
  • Options
    Tried to wrap presents earlier but without the present in it (if that makes any sense) and completely failed.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    Oh no @Dancer :/

I know you can do this! <3

Try, try and try again :3
  • Options
    My mum said she'll do it and I'll just help with the tape. It's my presents though so my mum said she'll blindfold me and guide my hand to where I need to put it.
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    zaynab_5 wrote: »
    Millie2787 wrote: »
    What’s everyone up to today
    Went out with my mum, auntie, grandma and my second aunt. We've done a lot of shopping and ate out as well. It took over six hours today omds, they couldn't stop buying shit :joy::bawling:

That's women for you.
  • Options
    Ha, that sounds like a good idea @Dancer :)

How did you find the shopping and eating out with family @zaynab_5? :)