Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Post edited by Past User on
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Happy Christmas Eve, how is everyone?
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Hey hey heyyyyyy!!!!!

• Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,120 Part of The Furniture
    Ha, I'm glad you enjoyed shopping @zaynab_5 :)

Happy Christmas Eve to you too @Dandelion :)

I am sleepy (just per usual!) but good thank you. I am looking forward to watching Encanto with my family this evening and drinking hot chocolate. How are you?

Hey @Salix_alba_2019. How are you today? :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    Thanks for sharing the music you both enjoy @Apollo :)

Oh, I like Daft Punk too! What is your favourite Daft Punk song?

And can you recommend any Kero Kero Bonito and Mitski songs for me?

I'm not sure I have heard of them before! :3

@Laura_tigger82 my favourite Daft Punk song is Digital Love, which is also my favourite song in general, I really like Something About Us too also by Daft Punk

Kero Kero Bonito make happy music for happy people and Mitski makes sad music for sad people

My favourite Kero Kero Bonito songs are "I'd Rather Sleep", "Picture This" and "Fish Bowl"

My favourite Mitski Songs are "First Love / Late Spring", "Washing Machine Heart" and "Nobody"
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,522 Skive's The Limit
    Hey guys. Been busy getting ready for Christmas. How is everyone ?
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Hey @Apollo

Thanks for all your music recommendations!

I will listen to these today :3

I would say my favourite Daft Punk song is Get Lucky. Just so bubbly! :3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Hey @Shaunie

I am really glad to hear you have been busy getting ready for Christmas. Hopefully, that is a sign of enjoyment. How has everything been for you? I'm good thank you :)
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,808 Master Poster
    I found out a random fact today. Jessica Smith played the part of the smiling baby sun in Teletubbies. https://www.kentlive.news/news/celebs-tv/bbc-teletubbies-child-star-you-6354008
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Ooh thanks for sharing this interesting news with us @Dancer :)

If you stumble across any more facts, do feel free to share them with us!
  • Options
    I’m very much regretting offering to wrap presents for everyone. I still have two desserts to make before tomorrow 😬😬
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Oh dear @Dandelion :p

Is there anyone who can help you with wrapping presents?

Which desserts are you making? :)
  • Options
    My sister but she was annoying me more than helping 😂 after three hours I’m finally done though. I’m making a butterscotch meringue pie and a billionaires cheesecake thing 😂
  • Options
    😂 Sibling love! I'm glad you managed to finish wrapping the presents :)

The desserts sound delicious. I think you need to share some with The Mix community virtually :3
  • Options
    lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    Hello everyone!

Having issues with the lateral flow tests so I'm isolating until further notice. Yaaay!

Looks like everyone's preparing for the big break!
  • Options
    Feliz Navidad!
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    Hello @lovemimoon :)

Sorry to hear you had issues with the lateral flow tests :/ Hopefully, the lateral flow tests will be sorted soon and you will be able to stop isolating!

I hope you enjoy the big break. Please know we understand and are here for you if it is a difficult time <3
  • Options
    Hope everyone’s okay x
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Good morning @Shaunie :)

I am well thank you. How are you today? <3
  • Options
    7isht510apaw.jpeg

Teddy enjoying his first gift
  • Options
    Good morning @Shaunie :)

I am well thank you. How are you today? <3

Feeling a bit flat and empty. How about you ?
  • Options
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Looks it’s a jigsaw of teddy!!!!!

91et4y1xnadw.jpeg
  • Options
    Shaunie wrote: »

91et4y1xnadw.jpeg

Awwwwwwww. How did you manage to get that personalised?
  • Options
    Say hello to Yips and Blitz. They are my beanie teddies that I got for Christmas. Yips is a horned chihuahua and Blitz is a unicorn. Yips is on the left hand side of the photo and Blitz is on the right hand side of the photo. lmy92vshqiu3.jpg
  • Options
    Dancer wrote: »
    Shaunie wrote: »

91et4y1xnadw.jpeg

Awwwwwwww. How did you manage to get that personalised?

I dunno ah my dad did it online
  • Options
    Dancer wrote: »
    Say hello to Yips and Blitz. They are my beanie teddies that I got for Christmas. Yips is a horned chihuahua and Blitz is a unicorn. Yips is on the left hand side of the photo and Blitz is on the right hand side of the photo. lmy92vshqiu3.jpg

Cutee
  • Options
    For those who are fans of Home Alone, Merry Christmas, ya filthy animal!
  • Options