Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,120 Part of The Furniture
    Aww, all are really cute photos @Shaunie. I particularly like the personalised photo of Teddy :)

Would you like to talk about what is making you feel flat and empty?
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Merry Christmas @Dancer <3

I am really glad to hear you enjoyed the Christmas lunch! @Zay

What was your favourite part of your auntie's Christmas lunch?

Though, I would have to argue that my mum and dad's Christmas lunch was a close best as I had a Yorkshire pudding the size of my plate! Was delicious <3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Amazing @Zay :)

Really glad you enjoyed it!
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,522 Skive's The Limit
    Hey guys. Hope you enjoyed your Christmas
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    Shaunie wrote: »

Yes I really did thank you what did everyone get from Santa
  • Options
    Hey @Shaunie and @Durhamjaide :3

How are you both?

I did enjoy my Christmas thanks @Shaunie. Did you enjoy your Christmas? :3

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your Christmas @Durhamjaide :3

I mainly got sweets, chocolate, and socks @Durhamjaide but also a nice fluffy jacket for when I'm working at my desk in the evenings. It is white and has grey stars. What did you get from Santa? <3
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I am really glad to hear you enjoyed yesterday @Zay :3
  • Options
    Hey hey. The mix chat has been left open lol
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,039 Boards Guru
    Thank you so much for letting us know! Hope you all had a nice lobby party in chat last night =)
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,808 Master Poster
    edited December 2021
    *hides* I was absolutely not involved in the lobby party in chat last night.
    But yes it was good and I decided to have a sausage roll at 10:30pm. I had to share with my cats though and then had to wait for one of the cats to stop drinking from the tap before I could get myself a drink.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,647 Legendary Poster
    Yes it was a laugh indeed. Never too late for a sausage roll @Dancer
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Lol yeah thanks for that @Aife 😅 I kept within th rules so don’t worry 😅 though I was tempted to come in and pretend I was a mod lol
  • Options
    Zay wrote: »

Yess I really loved yesterday thank you

Aw that’s great to hear @Zay 💜
  • Options
    Lol yeah thanks for that @Aife 😅 I kept within th rules so don’t worry 😅 though I was tempted to come in and pretend I was a mod lol

You should have pretended to be Emma.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Ha, sounds like you had a great evening @Shaunie @Dancer and @independent_ =)
    Please see, next time just invite me too :p
  • Options
    Ha, sounds like you had a great evening @Shaunie @Dancer and @independent_ =)
    Please see, next time just invite me too :p
    You weren't online at the time, otherwise I would have invited you. :p
  • Options
    One of my cats bit me earlier and now the area she bit me seems to be raised and a couple of tiny bite marks. She was only playing around though.
  • Options
    Oh dear @Dancer :/

Please get it checked if you're not sure! <3
  • Options
    I should be okay but if it starts to get worse then I'll get it checked out.
  • Options
    Glad to hear it @Dancer :3
  • Options
    Hey hey x
  • Options
    Bored. Anyone up for a chat?
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Hey, how is everyone this morning? (I typed morning but just realised it’s actually afternoon 😂)
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Hey @Shaunie and @Dandelion

I am up for a chat! How are you both?

I am good thank you :3
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    I’m good thanks, had an extra two days off to what I said I would but I feel like I need it lol, I’m going bowling this afternoon which I’m excited for
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Hi @Dandelion

I am glad you took the time off that you needed.

I hope you enjoy bowling! :3
  • Options
    Dandelion wrote: »
    I’m good thanks, had an extra two days off to what I said I would but I feel like I need it lol, I’m going bowling this afternoon which I’m excited for

Aw that’s nice. Enjoy!
  • Options
    Shadow has made herself very comfortable between my legs. I can't move at the moment because otherwise I would disturb the cat. (For those of you who don't know, I have 3 cats and one of them is Shadow.)