Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Gays

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    How is an omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient being human?? :confused:

How can our concept of god be anything but human? The concepts "omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient" are human concepts are they not?
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    We all have free will and a conscience that allows us to make choices, whether to live a life in accordance with Our Lord's teachings, or to live a sinful life. The former gives our etrenal souls the opportunity to possibly reside one day in Heaven, the latter gives us eternal pain in Hell.
    You make your own choices.

I find it hard to stomach the preachy condescending nature of your posts sometimes.

You’ll have to excuse me but I’m off on a raping, murdering and pillaging spree. Seeing as no matter what I do as a non-believer will make the slightest bit of difference to my fate after this life.

I wonder if i call my expendition "The Second Crusade" it would do my Heaven credit rating any good?
  • Options
    How can our concept of god be anything but human? The concepts "omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient" are human concepts are they not?

You're playing word games.
  • Options
    Why hasn't anyone been able to answer DW's question? There may not be any 'gays' posting but surely the answer is the same for 'straights'?
  • Options
    Why hasn't anyone been able to answer DW's question? There may not be any 'gays' posting but surely the answer is the same for 'straights'?

If there was a definite answer then someone would have given it. As there isn't, we are debating it.
  • Options
    Funnily enough that is something that religious types have excelled at, since the beginning of time, to justify their agenda and beliefs.
  • Options
    If there was a definite answer then someone would have given it. As there isn't, we are debating it.

There is a 'definite' answer. We may not know it though. But why haven't people considered what makes them staight or gay? If we don't know what makes us straight, we can hardly claim to be straight surely? :)
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Seems rather unfair to me.
    That's because you're a human
  • Options
    I don't mean to come across as arrogant, it's just the questions that are coming into my head. I'm genuinely interested.
    Fair enough mate, anything else?
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    We all have free will and a conscience that allows us to make choices, whether to live a life in accordance with Our Lord's teachings, or to live a sinful life. The former gives our etrenal souls the opportunity to possibly reside one day in Heaven, the latter gives us eternal pain in Hell.
    You make your own choices.
    0084_05.gif

0084_18.gif

0084_19.gif
  • Options
    Where on earth did you find that ^^ ? :eek: :D
  • Options

Actually Ibex and I have both posted and we're both gay men.

(It was Ibex wasn't it?)

Edited to add: Neither of us hold the answer. There isn't concrete proof anywhere. Hense why the subject is open for debate.
  • Options
    It's neither funny nor constructive tbh.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Where on earth did you find that ^^ ? :eek: :D
    They're by somebody called Jack Chick, they're not a parody either... Basically he makes comics about how Jesus saves and the wrongs of other religions, alcohol, homosexuality ect. Thought maybe Rich Kid would be a fan.
  • Options
    I bet it's popular on the Ann Coulter boards.

Incidentally that is one message forum Rich Kid would feel completely at home at.
  • Options

surely the best thing to do is to help and be a 'good' person to help those around you for no gain but to help others, surely that makes a better person than someone who goes to church everyday whilst moaning about god hating groups when he dont even know anyone to back it up

a good fictional person is guy in the crucible whose probably the niceest most selfless persen yet he doesnt join the local bigots in churchs
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    I bet it's popular on the Ann Coulter boards.

Incidentally that is one message forum Rich Kid would feel completely at home at.

maybe it would be a bad idea to take stabs at him, seeing as how he is no longer around to deffend himself.
  • Options
    Where did he eventually push it too far?
  • Options
    Where did he eventually push it too far?

Didn't know he did :eek:

It was only a matter of time anyway. There goes the humour from the P&D Boards :(
  • Options
    maybe it would be a bad idea to take stabs at him, seeing as how he is no longer around to deffend himself.
    Is he not?

And you're right. He ain't!

Thank fuck for that!

Well "Rich Kid", I know you're reading this. So may I just say:

:wave: Adiós amigo! :wave:

Happy trolling elsewhere.
  • Options
    why was he banned?
  • Options
    minimi38 wrote:
    why was he banned?

yea the style in which he was posting has been more constructive last two weeks. :no:

:wave:
  • Options
    Blagsta complained multiple times.

I find it quite sad actually. I think he was provoked a lot of the time.

This is the third poster banned, first PNJ, then Lukesh now Rich Kid.
  • Options
    tbh, Lukesh REALLY deserved it the way he acted.
  • Options
    Rich Kid put across his opinion, but he put it across in a largely offensive manner as well. Don't know what eventually got him banned but he probably deserved it. I'd have banned him by now ;)
  • Options
    Sad indeed.
  • Options
    I don't know whether trolling is a 'bannable' offence, but trolling he did, to an extent that IMO even equalled that of the unforgettable monocrat. He continuously derailed threads, deliberately set out to wind up and offend people, demanded questions of others and then consistently refused to answer questions that were actually relevant to the topic at hand, disrupted threads and disappeared for hours or days when confronted... but more importantly, insisted in using terms considered offensive, especially regarding homosexuals or working class people.

Good bloody riddance IMO.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    I don't know whether trolling is a 'bannable' offence, but trolling he did, to an extent that IMO even equalled that of the unforgettable monocrat. He continuously derailed threads, deliberately set out to wind up and offend people, demanded questions of others and then consistently refused to answer questions that were actually relevant to the topic at hand, disrupted threads and disappeared for hours or days when confronted... but more importantly, insisted in using terms considered offensive, especially regarding homosexuals or working class people.

Good bloody riddance IMO.

Agree. It was the thread derailing that pissed me off the most. Potentially really good debates been thwarted by him.
  • Options

No I'm not. This is the crux of the matter - you ascribe certain qualities to god - qualities which are human. They could hardly be anything else could they?
  • Options
    I dont know any humans which are omnipotent,omniscient or omnipresent.

Do you?