Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I need a hug (v2.0) 💚

Comments

• Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,133 Part of The Furniture
    Thinking of you @Chloe234 - I know how difficult times like this can be. It is okay not to be okay, even if you feel you have to be strong for your aunt.

Would you like to share with us how seeing her has gone for you today? We are here with you and care about you. Would anything, other than school, help with distraction - any hobbies? <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,038 Community Veteran
    I did it again reading those devinart tf stories
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    Rose113Rose113 Community Champion Posts: 1,138 Wise Owl
    I'm to tired to do this, back to bottling up my feelings after someone invalidated them. Crying and want to give in to the urges but am 16 days harm free :/
    ✨ Just a stupid worthless freak ready to give up ✨
  • Options
    IainJammyboyIainJammyboy Posts: 948 Part of The Mix Family
    Getting fat and absolutely miserable
  • Options
    Used to enjoy working out and now I can't do anything because of these "mental health issues" but I don't know what it is
  • Options
    Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,181 Boards Champion
    Struggling... anxiety bad... seeing my aunt today..
  • Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 639 Incredible Poster
    River wrote: »
    I'm to tired to do this, back to bottling up my feelings after someone invalidated them. Crying and want to give in to the urges but am 16 days harm free :/

Hey @River, you're doing so well to keep reaching out for support - we're right here beside you through this. Let us know how you're feeling this morning. <3

When you say your urges are bad, can you let us know if these are self-harm urges? It sounds really difficult to be experiencing those thoughts.

I can imagine how upsetting that would have been to have someone invalidate your feelings and this has now led you to going back to bottling things up. Do you feel this is what's triggered those urges you mention?

You never have to bottle up your feelings here, we're all here for you and want to support you. If you feel comfy talking some more about those feelings you've been bottling up, we'll be here to listen. <3

I think I've shared this before, but the organisation Mind has a great article with some tips on coping with urges to SH. There are also apps like Calm Harm and distrACT with tips and techniques on coping with SH that you might like to look into.

Keep reaching out for support and remember you're not alone <3
  • Options
    @Gemma Mhm self harm urges :/ yeah I guess. It's easier for me to bottle them up
  • Options
    River wrote: »
    @Gemma Mhm self harm urges :/ yeah I guess. It's easier for me to bottle them up

Thank you for letting us know @River - I know sometimes it can feel easier keeping those feelings to ourselves, but on the flip side, I'm hearing that bottling things up can lead to you experiencing SH urges. It's normal to want to look for a form of relief from heavy emotions we're experiencing. With SH that relief is usually temporary, and so it can be helpful to focus on exploring those underlying feelings some more.

It shows a lot of strength in you by coming on here to talk about these things with us. We're here for you. <3
  • Options
    Chloe234 wrote: »
    Sat in the room with my aunt 💔 it's so so hard seeing her like this, she's so so ill

Sending you so much strength today @Chloe234 - I can hear just how hard this is for you, and can really feel your pain. I'm remembering my own similar experiences and I know just how hard it is seeing a family member so unwell.

We're here for you - keep reaching out. <3
  • Options
    @Gemma I don't need sh even though I want to
    TW// I just like the feeling of it in the moment
  • Options
    Been here 4 hours :/ it's selfish and ig insensitive but I just wanna leave now. My aunts on and off sleeping because of the meds so we're kinda just here
  • Options
    Just left. Feeling really run down :/ it's so hard seeing her the way she is
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,877 Extreme Poster
    Hey @Chloe234, I can hear how difficult it has been for you to see your aunt in this condition. It's never easy to see a loved one in difficulty like this, and I'm sure that your aunt really appreciates you taking the time and effort to come and see her :)

How do you feel after spending some time with her? And once you get home, is there something you can do today to help take your mind off things temporarily? A hobby/interest perhaps? We're here for you <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Azziman wrote: »
    Hey @Chloe234, I can hear how difficult it has been for you to see your aunt in this condition. It's never easy to see a loved one in difficulty like this, and I'm sure that your aunt really appreciates you taking the time and effort to come and see her :)

How do you feel after spending some time with her? And once you get home, is there something you can do today to help take your mind off things temporarily? A hobby/interest perhaps? We're here for you <3

Thankyou <3 I'm at my friends for the night so I'm just gonna mess about with her
  • Options
    FordRangerFordRanger Posts: 1,309 Wise Owl
    Im struggling to sleep right now
  • Options
    In so much pain with my arm after hurting it on Friday, gotta try push through cos gotta clean the house again....
  • Options
    Orchid059Orchid059 Moderator Posts: 41 Boards Initiate
    Hi @River I am sorry to hear you're in pain. If you're experiencing quite severe pain and it's preventing you from being able to go about your day to day then I think it would be a good idea to see a medical proffessional so that they can provide you with the best care and make sure you're not in any pain. While we're not able to provide you with medical advice here, it is important that you have support and some options. If you continue to feel in pain, remember there is always the NHS number 111 which you can ring at any time to discuss your symptoms and they can tell you the best steps for you moving forward https://111.nhs.uk/

Would you be comfortable saying how you came to hurt your arm on Friday? Remember to take it easy for the time being and not to put too much pressure on yourself in doing your usual day to day activities, especially if you're not feeling the best.

We are here for you ❤️
  • Options
    I don't need medical help, I'll be fine. @Orchid059 On Friday we went shopping and idk if anyone knows what I'm talking about but from Tesco you can get 24 packs of diet coke so we got one of them and then wen we were back home I opened the back of the car and they came tumbling out so I tried to catch them so they didn't smash but In the process cos they were heavy I injured my arm
  • Options
    Orchid059Orchid059 Moderator Posts: 41 Boards Initiate
    Hi @River thank you for clarifying! I hope your arm starts feeling better again soon.

Have a lovely rest of your day and feel free to reach out to us at any time ❤️
  • Options
    Feel alone :/ just want someone to talk to
  • Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 1,047 Wise Owl
    My sister hates me, I just wish I could get away from her because I’ll never be good enough
  • Options
    Why do the days have to go so slow. Its like a never ending struggle having to put up with life. I'm so tired
  • Options
    Scared my mh worker will send me to a and e
  • Options
    MH worker sent me to a and e lol
  • Options
    Got so much revision and such little time before my exams
  • Options
    Be waiting about 24 hours in a and e for a bed apparently