Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,523 Skive's The Limit
    Liam said:
    He will be angry but in time he will realise that you did the right thing @Shaunie , I hope that he’s in safe hands now. You’re a great pal. Sending hugs 
    Feel like actual shit friend. Feel like I should of meet up with him instead but now hopefully he will get some help
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    You potentially saved his life, I’d say you’re a smashing friend.

sending hugs to you too @GreenTea ❤️ Take it easy 
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Thank you @Liam just having a shit night. Broke down which lead to me cutting another couple inches off my hair 😭😭😭 feel like self harming and just freaking out about everything
  • Options
    I wish I knew what was happening with him and the police 😭
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Does anyone else get a massive headache from self harming?🤕
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    His messages aren’t sending. He said he was on 2% so guessing his phone died and I’m guessing they have kept him at the hospital. He is going to hate me. He has been struggling with mental health for years but doesn’t seek help
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Devastated about Chadwick Boseman 💔💔
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    joyajoya Posts: 220 Trailblazer
    Sending huge hugs to all ^^
    everything always goes ^^
  • Options
    Mel_Mel_ Posts: 574 Incredible Poster
    edited August 2020
    my self harm today was its worst today and idk why, I can't even say it on here but I wanted it to be worse and that's so messed up in itself
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    edited August 2020
    @Shaunie it's great you're using a safe alternative ❤️ If you put a tea towel or something similar around the ice it will stop if from burning and you'll still be able to feel the coldness. I have to ice my knees for physio and my physiotherapist told me to never put the ice straight on as it will burn! If you soak the burnt area in warm water (make sure its not too hot!) you should soothe the area and it may prevent a scar 😊
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    Help
  • Options
    _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    😭😭
  • Options
    Wide awake. Got to be up at 6 for work, raging headache in full swing
  • Options
    StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
    Sending all the hugs and love to everyone :heart:

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    I had a dream that my dad was a serial killer and he joined the boards. He killed 7 people and people was being nice to him. But I said don’t deserve any support and should be dead cause not even showing remorse just care he’s in prison for the rest of their life. Then I got permanently  banned on here.
     And yeah you know how dreams don’t make sense. I was still living with my dad though lol cause some how he was in a separate room that I wasn’t allowed in and I asked him “ will you ever kill me” and he didn’t answer
  • Options
    _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    I’m having a bad panic attack my chest has gone all tight and I can’t catch my breath 🥺😭
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Today was a bit tough, I haven't felt this bad about my body in a very long time. 
  • Options
    My skin feels like it’s getting bad. Making me feel super self conscious. But atleast can wear face mask when out to cover me
  • Options
    Is it okay to wear low neck tops if I’m completly flat chested 😓
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,154 Part of The Furniture
    Haven’t even started back at college and I’ve already cried about not being able to do  the work 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Such strong urge to hurt myself badly. 
  • Options
    Heart is going a million miles an hour. Do much going on at the moment and no where to disclose it.
  • Options
     Cried myself into a massive headache. Losing people is hard, knowing to expect the worst is even harder 
  • Options
    Feeling like self harming
This discussion has been closed.