Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Depression and Self-Harming - Please read

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    *hugs* Gav. You've got my number, just shout me if ya want me :)
  • Options
    I have what might be a silly questions. Is it possible to get better without receiving professional therapy? I was having a discussion with my brother about cutters (he doesn't know I cut...I couldn't tell him). I've been reading books like "Bright Red Scream" and "The Skin Game" trying to find a reason behind what I do and how to 'heal' myself and make it so I don't hurt myself anymore. I know if my parents found out...they would be devistated that their perfect little girl turned to shit. I really don't feel comfortable or wealthy enough to get professional help. There is a stigma attached to cutters, like 'attention-seekers' and things like that. I don't want a label like that. I'm actually really scared that if anyone finds out, I'll wear a label like that and no one will ever take me seriously again.
  • Options
    Remind me why I'm not doing stupid stuff please people. All my friends think i'm so nice and happy bunnie etc, hate putting the false smile on. Even gave up taking the meds, no wonder i'm ill again. Time to calm down me thinks. Maybe I should go back to kickboxing again, that really did help with my anger. I felt like smacking a few blokes out on Saterday night. I hate the inappropriate touching. Thing is one of these days i'll do it. Then think about whether they'll hit back.
  • Options
    aww hun *hugs*

i know your unhappy but you are a nice person, i know its hard for you to believe it sometimes but its so so true, you dont want to do bad cause it only causes more problems even if you think its solving some other ones!!!

Taking up kickboxing again sounds like a good idea to me if you found it helped and you enjoyed it
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Remind me why I'm not doing stupid stuff please people. All my friends think i'm so nice and happy bunnie etc, hate putting the false smile on. Even gave up taking the meds, no wonder i'm ill again. Time to calm down me thinks. Maybe I should go back to kickboxing again, that really did help with my anger. I felt like smacking a few blokes out on Saterday night. I hate the inappropriate touching. Thing is one of these days i'll do it. Then think about whether they'll hit back.
    You should go back to kickboxing, good anger management.

Don't let the morons get to you, keep your head held high. Stay on the meds, they'll do you good eventually.

Love always ;o
  • Options
    o.k..... why go on about blokes touching you up, you should be flattered! kickboxers are slim and quick :confused:
  • Options
    melodie wrote:
    o.k..... why go on about blokes touching you up, you should be flattered! kickboxers are slim and quick :confused:
    Why should anyone be flattered about men touching them up without them wanting to?
  • Options
    you wouldn't understand, its o.k hun xx
  • Options
    melodie wrote:
    you wouldn't understand, its o.k hun xx
    You're right, I don't seem to understand your slightly strange logic.
  • Options
    sorry xxxx :flirt:
  • Options
    melodie wrote:
    :flirt:
    No thanks, I prefer my women to have some self respect and a brain.
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    You're right, I don't seem to understand your slightly strange logic.
    I think she's trying to say I want blokes to do that, that I like them doing it. Sorry but I've only got eyes for my fella.
  • Options
    In that case shes a shit stirring moron, I'd already guessed anyway.
  • Options
    Trust me, I certainly have a brain!! And loads of self respect and no, that wasn't the point at all, no where near darling xxxxx lots of hugs and kisses
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    In that case shes a shit stirring moron, I'd already guessed anyway.

Not a shit stirring moron at all...... been here for months anyway going to go and find something interesting to talk about......... and then get in2 bed with my fiance, snuggle up and go to sleep!
  • Options
    melodie wrote:
    Trust me, I certainly have a brain!! And loads of self respect and no, that wasn't the point at all, no where near darling xxxxx lots of hugs and kisses
    I'd hate to think what would happen if you just happened to be on a railway line when an express train came...
  • Options
    melodie wrote:
    Not a shit stirring moron at all...... been here for months anyway going to go and find something interesting to talk about......... and then get in2 bed with my fiance, snuggle up and go to sleep!
    For months you say?

Shame you joined last month aye? All your other accounts get banned?
  • Options
    Well..... i'd jump of the track dear..... wouldn't want my sexy self getting damaged.... and no, the other accounts didn't get banned, got bored......... but hey!! never mind!! I am not here to 'bitch' so ta ta darling!
  • Options
    RAH!!!!
  • Options
    melodie wrote:
    I am not here to 'bitch' so ta ta darling!

You could have fooled me.

Oh btw: :flirt: :flirt: :flirt: :flirt: :flirt: :flirt: :flirt: :flirt:
  • Options
    well, I'm certainly not, I come on here to meet new people and share experiences I have had........ Everyone bitchs on here every single day so!! your point is?

xxxx :flirt: :flirt: :flirt: :flirt: :flirt: :flirt: :flirt: :flirt: :flirt: :flirt: xxxx
  • Options
    melodie wrote:
    Well..... i'd jump of the track dear..... wouldn't want my sexy self getting damaged.... and no, the other accounts didn't get banned, got bored......... but hey!! never mind!! I am not here to 'bitch' so ta ta darling!
    well umm yeah you are really, so please dont jump out of the way of the train and save us all a lot of bother

k thnx
  • Options
    certainly would cause my son and my fiance a lot of bother...... and my family and friends and my sons father omg the list goes on :D
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    This thread is certainly not the place for this sort of convo. It is a thread for support, not bitchiness.

I don't know what all has happened here but can you either take it to PMs or another thread.

Normally I wouldn't object but I don't want to see this thread, of all, get closed as a lot of people find it useful and supportive.

KKTHNX.
  • Options
    This thread is certainly not the place for this sort of convo. It is a thread for support, not bitchiness.

I don't know what all has happened here but can you either take it to PMs or another thread.

Normally I wouldn't object but I don't want to see this thread, of all, get closed as a lot of people find it useful and supportive.

KKTHNX.

exactly.

grow up please. and if you can't grow up, go away.

normally i hate people saying this, but i think it's true of this thead: if you have nothing useful to add, fuck off elsewhere.
  • Options
    I'm sorry I'm going to change tack a bit. (Although incidentally, agree with all Kaffrin and Little Missy have said - this thread is invaluable to some and needs to stay "safe" in that respect).

I feel like I'm finally getting somewhere now - I've nearly come to the end of my assessment sessions at a local clinic and the therapist I've been seeing has advised me to come in for intensive psychotherapy, 3 times a week (the logic being that fortnightly appointments like I had at home left me merely treading water). This doesn't bother me, however breaks for holidays etc. are fairly strictly watched - I'd be expected to not see her for 2 weeks over easter, 4 over Summer and no more. However, this will cause some problems with my degree programme (I'm expected to spend a good deal of time abroad over summer).

I suppose what I'm asking is would people advise I tell my tutor and try to work around it or work the therapy around my degree? I'm a bit nervous of telling my tutor so I'd naturally veer toward the latter but I'm not sure.

Sorry if it seems a strange or obvious question! Thanks all, as ever. x
  • Options
    I've just been re-reading this thread. Got upto page 37. It made me realise I've come such a long fucking way. I haven't actually cut for 4 weeks. I did a few salt/ice burns a few weeks agao but thats nothing. Seeing my doctor on thursday and seeing a counsellor next week. You all had better stay safe :) xXx

Edited to add: I'd also fully recommend rewarding yourself with incentives for not cutting. I spent like £50 that I don't have on friday :D
    Edited again coz I've actually read the whole thing now
  • Options
    :) glad to see your ok babe, hope it all works out for you, infact i have promised myself i wont do anything stupid till i get to meet you for real *nods*
  • Options
    Yay Kirsty :) I'm proud of you <3
  • Options
    Gavman wrote:
    :) glad to see your ok babe, hope it all works out for you, infact i have promised myself i wont do anything stupid till i get to meet you for real *nods*
    :D see there will be no doing of stupid things till our drinkathon and then you just won't want to :p
    And thanks franki:)