Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Struggling to stay alive.

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Deactivated Posts: 185 Helping Hand
    Here's a list of distractions for you - http://vbulletin.thesite.org/showthread.php/152413-Self-Harm-distractions - the thread title says self-harm distractions but there's LOADS of really cool tips in there that you might find useful.

Take a look at that list and remind yourself of some of those when things are feeling particularly overwhelming.

Good luck with the counselling tonight.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Andy wrote: »
    Here's a list of distractions for you - http://vbulletin.thesite.org/showthread.php/152413-Self-Harm-distractions - the thread title says self-harm distractions but there's LOADS of really cool tips in there that you might find useful.

Take a look at that list and remind yourself of some of those when things are feeling particularly overwhelming.

Good luck with the counselling tonight.

Thank you Andy, I'm gonna attempt to get my account here closed down or whatever, least then it's one less thing to have to deal with.. One less thing where I'll be attacked and stuff.

I've saved the link and I'll come back to it in a few hours.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Deactivated Posts: 185 Helping Hand
    I'm glad you've saved the link.

It's a shame you're thinking of deleting your account. Remember though,if there's a post which doesn't fit in our guidelines or is particularly unhelpful, you can report the post to a mod. Mods will then be able to take care of that situation.
  • Options
    Andy wrote: »
    I'm glad you've saved the link.

It's a shame you're thinking of deleting your account. Remember though,if there's a post which doesn't fit in our guidelines or is particularly unhelpful, you can report the post to a mod. Mods will then be able to take care of that situation.

Pointless reporting it:) I'll be gone soon. Everyones happy.
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    SuzyOwl wrote: »
    Pointless reporting it:) I'll be gone soon. Everyones happy.

:heart: *hug*
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options

Lots of owlie love my sweetie *hug*
  • Options
    Lots of owlie love my sweetie *hug*

and lots of monkey love to you :heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
  • Options
    and lots of monkey love to you :heart:

Monkey love made me giggle! You know where to find me okies :heart:
  • Options
    Thank you, you know where to find me too. :heart:
  • Options
    Counselling has been cancelled cause she's sick.. Now I'm stuck on my own with these thoughts taken over.. I don't want to act on them, but I know I'm going to, this is killing me :(
  • Options
    The thoughts are getting stronger... I'm sorry..
  • Options
    Thoughts are still there... Getting stronger... I can't cope with this.
  • Options
    Hey Suzy - let us know what we can do to help *hug*

Hopefully support circle will be a good chance to talk a bit more about what's on your mind :yes:
  • Options
    Jo7 wrote: »
    Hey Suzy - let us know what we can do to help *hug*

Hopefully support circle will be a good chance to talk a bit more about what's on your mind :yes:

Hey Jo,

I don't know.. Everything is getting stronger, I'm trying to distract myself from it but it's not working. My head really hurts, but I'm trying to keep positive for the twins. It's hard. I don't know how much I can do this 'being happy' thing for.. :( *hug*
  • Options

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk
  • Options

*hug* Thank you my lovely.

I don't know how much longer I can keep all this up for... I just..I don't know, I should not even be here.. Sorry..
  • Options
    you matter

Hey Suzy,

It sounds like things have been pretty rough for you for a while, i'm sorry you're finding life such a struggle. It sounds like there's a lot going on and you're trying to tackle everything all in one go. I know for me, I find it much easier if I break things up, focus on one thing at a time. Maybe write things down and put them in some kind of order of importance, what to tackle first kinda thing? I know this can be really challenging as everything seems just as big and important.

It's really hard to know yourself that YOU DO MATTER. It's really important to be kind to yourself. Take some 'me time' out. When was the last time you did what you want to do? Can be simple things like chilling out in the bath with a facemask (pamper yourself!) put on a film and relax, go for a walk with some music on, read a book...anything you enoy. It really can help honestly :) Try to remember you DO matter, and you're loved very much by many people.

I know you've been through a lot and continue to battle on in life, but that's the key - you continue to fight and that's amazing. A fight doesn't last forever, it sure does get easier honestly. When you're down and things aren't going so great, I find it helpful to remind yourself of all the good things and truths in simple ways:

- sticky notes with quotes and truth to pop round mirrors and on doors etc
    *if you can't think of any then here's some for you - caring, kind, faithful friend, considerate, helpful, beautiful, worthy, I DO MATTER, I deserve good things, It's good to be happy and healthy* :yes:
    - post yourself a postcard!
    *not literally, put write how you feel on a postcard and bin it, hide it and go back to it to see how far you've come, be real with yourself OR write good things on it, list the good things in life and stick it up somewhere to remind yourself*
    - scrapbook all the good memories and good times and everything that makes you smile no matter how big or small - it all counts
    - blog it, sing it, write a poem, draw it - whatever helps, get it out. It's okay to be real with how you feel :thumb:

We all care about you a lot here and it's great having you in chat. I'm glad you can be open about life on the boards - continue doing so if it helps.

Take care *hug*
  • Options
    You can get through this.. I believe in you always. Much love :heart: *hug*

• Options
    *rach* wrote: »
    Hey Suzy,

It sounds like things have been pretty rough for you for a while, i'm sorry you're finding life such a struggle. It sounds like there's a lot going on and you're trying to tackle everything all in one go. I know for me, I find it much easier if I break things up, focus on one thing at a time. Maybe write things down and put them in some kind of order of importance, what to tackle first kinda thing? I know this can be really challenging as everything seems just as big and important.

It's really hard to know yourself that YOU DO MATTER. It's really important to be kind to yourself. Take some 'me time' out. When was the last time you did what you want to do? Can be simple things like chilling out in the bath with a facemask (pamper yourself!) put on a film and relax, go for a walk with some music on, read a book...anything you enoy. It really can help honestly :) Try to remember you DO matter, and you're loved very much by many people.

I know you've been through a lot and continue to battle on in life, but that's the key - you continue to fight and that's amazing. A fight doesn't last forever, it sure does get easier honestly. When you're down and things aren't going so great, I find it helpful to remind yourself of all the good things and truths in simple ways:

- sticky notes with quotes and truth to pop round mirrors and on doors etc
    *if you can't think of any then here's some for you - caring, kind, faithful friend, considerate, helpful, beautiful, worthy, I DO MATTER, I deserve good things, It's good to be happy and healthy* :yes:
    - post yourself a postcard!
    *not literally, put write how you feel on a postcard and bin it, hide it and go back to it to see how far you've come, be real with yourself OR write good things on it, list the good things in life and stick it up somewhere to remind yourself*
    - scrapbook all the good memories and good times and everything that makes you smile no matter how big or small - it all counts
    - blog it, sing it, write a poem, draw it - whatever helps, get it out. It's okay to be real with how you feel :thumb:

We all care about you a lot here and it's great having you in chat. I'm glad you can be open about life on the boards - continue doing so if it helps.

Take care *hug*

Hey Rach lovely,

Thank you for your answer my lovely.

Things have been hard, but I guess that it's just life. These things are sent to try us I guess. I can promise you this I really don't matter, I never have done and never will, but thank you. I don't really have time to do things for my self, I'm a busy owl trying to sort everyone and everything out. Taking time for me don't matter, as long as everyone else is ok, that's the main thing.

I do have a scrapbook, that's like full of different messages from when I left other support places when I turned 18, it's got like birthday cards that my Nana gave me, and photos of us, lots of photos of me and my brother James.

Thank you my lovely *hug*
  • Options
    You can get through this.. I believe in you always. Much love :heart: *hug*

You should not really believe in the owl.... She's not worth it. I hope your ok this afternoon my lovely :heart: *hug*
  • Options
    I'm the most shittyest horrible person ever..Every time I open my mouth I upset someone. What even is the point. There's no point in talking anymore.
  • Options
    :( I'm not strong enough to go through this again..
  • Options
    I'm not strong enough to keep doing this, to be shoved around and so on. I can't keep acting like this strong person. I'd wish people knew that their words and actions hurt. But I get the feeling that will never happen. I can't do this no more. *vanishes* :(
  • Options
    My head needs to learn to shut up and stop telling me to do things :( hate this :(
  • Options
    My head needs to learn to shut up and stop telling me to do things :( hate this :(

Hi Suzy, it sounds like you had a late night and your thoughts were swimming around in your head?

Can you tell us a bit more about what's been going on the last few days?

*hug*
  • Options
    Hi Suzy, it sounds like you had a late night and your thoughts were swimming around in your head?

Can you tell us a bit more about what's been going on the last few days?

*hug*

Just everything Jo, it's all just hit me.. Like what I'm doing at home, the fact my hours where cut a lot, running the possibility of becoming homeless, the house we are living in now is just falling apart, we have contacted the landlord but he does nothing. I'm struggling to bad to look after the family, with a new diagnoses for my parent its just making everything so much harder, cause there's no cure.. It's killing me.

*hug*
  • Options
    Trying to talk to my landlord is like talking to a fucking brick wall. I feel so flipping shitty. My head has been killing me for around a week now, the pain never leaves.I don't know what to do anymore. I've also just remembered that I've got my last counselling session on Wednesday. After that I've got to do everything on my own. I'm shitting it. But at least after that I've kept my promise to her by sticking around till the end... After Wednesday I can leave.
  • Options
    Landlords can be a real nightmare! It can sometimes help to make requests in writing if you need to - the housing rights service can advise you on your rights to do with landlords if needs be, they're based in NI.

How would you feel about seeing the doctor about the pain you're in? If it's been going on for a while now then it's important that you get checked out.

I've actually started a thread today about finishing counselling - you're not the only one to struggle with this and how you're feeling about it is really normal - you're about to lose a good chunk of your support. Don't be afraid to let your counsellor know how you're feeling about things coming to an end *hug*
  • Options
    Landlords can be a real nightmare! It can sometimes help to make requests in writing if you need to - the housing rights service can advise you on your rights to do with landlords if needs be, they're based in NI.

How would you feel about seeing the doctor about the pain you're in? If it's been going on for a while now then it's important that you get checked out.

I've actually started a thread today about finishing counselling - you're not the only one to struggle with this and how you're feeling about it is really normal - you're about to lose a good chunk of your support. Don't be afraid to let your counsellor know how you're feeling about things coming to an end *hug*

We wrote countless letters to him, and he's never answered. Every time it rains (Which is a lot in Ireland) the rain water runs down my bedroom wall, comes through the roof, it also gets into the eletrics causing them to blow... We have used at least 100 lightbulbs in the past two months.

For the doctor there's a two week wait for him, even for an emergency appointment, at the same time though I'm super scared to go... My auntie was like this just before she passed away... So I don't know..

I was reading the thread as you commented funny enough haha, I've had my counsellor for 6 months, she knows I won't cope without it. But we have never really spoke about it ending. *hug* Thank you, was much needed.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about your housing situation Suzy, that will be playing a huge part in your overall sense of wellbeing. Feeling safe and secure at home can be like the foundation to everything else that follows. It must be really difficult if the landlord is being so unresponsive. I'd say it's definitely worth contacting the housing rights service, you can call them for advice on 028 9024 5640 between 09.30 and 13.30 Mon-Fri - they will be experts in dealing with this kind of thing.

If it's a two week wait then why not get something booked in, that gives you a bit of time to prepare for it and it could help to put your mind at ease?

It's surprising that you haven't talked about ending things so it's certainly worth bringing this up, six months is a long time so it's going to feel like a big change for you *hug*
This discussion has been closed.