Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

nothing touches, why?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i think you need to go to the doctor and ask to get on the waiting list for therapy. tell them you want a different person from last time though and give it another try. you need professional help, and you need to go into it with an open mind.
  • Options
    MoK wrote: »
    Why is that?

because i keep getting things dumped on me, everyone wants a bit of me time after time, if im not doing the housework then im shopping or im doing decorating or like today i have gone to my car to find the battery is dead so i expect that im going to have to get the thing off and charge it myself, hes known about that for the last few days tht it was a high risk as the car hadnt been used, but i was stuck with finding it and having to sort it, oh add to that having to py the bills and make sure that the dog will be at the vets by 8 am tmorrow morning
  • Options
    i get none of that.

Sorry are you trying to say that the sun never shines, your kids never do anything cute etc?

Or is it that you don't look to enjoy it?
  • Options
    because i keep getting things dumped on me, everyone wants a bit of me time after time, if im not doing the housework then im shopping or im doing decorating or like today i have gone to my car to find the battery is dead so i expect that im going to have to get the thing off and charge it myself, hes known about that for the last few days tht it was a high risk as the car hadnt been used, but i was stuck with finding it and having to sort it, oh add to that having to py the bills and make sure that the dog will be at the vets by 8 am tmorrow morning

So, basically, you let yourself be treated like a doormat?

Maybe he leaves things because he knows that you will do it. Answer to that is - don't.
  • Options
    im sying that i dont ever see it because im so damm busy all the time doing everything else
  • Options
    So, basically, you let yourself be treated like a doormat?

Maybe he leaves things because he knows that you will do it. Answer to that is - don't.

yeah i did that a long time back and we lost a house because if it, and he didnt pay a single bill, to this day he still hasnt clue how much things are and what needs paying or when, or even how to pay them!!! i have told him time after time he should take more notice and start being more involved all i hear is yes i will but never does
  • Options
    You are in control of this situation, if you let yourself.

This isn't about sex and your enjoyment, it's about your whole life and (based on what you say here) no real partnership.

I'd go for divorce.
  • Options
    is there anything you like about this man?
  • Options
    is there anything you like about this man?

There is nothing she likes, therefore there is nothing she likes about this man.
  • Options
    You are in control of this situation, if you let yourself.

This isn't about sex and your enjoyment, it's about your whole life and (based on what you say here) no real partnership.

our time together has never been about sharing things, its been about him going to work and earning the money for me to do everything else, so he could come home and play with the kids and have his dinner, while i was still there running around tryingto get everything else sorted and eventualy fall in bed exhausted, he even complained when i was having trouble with the kids when they where little and refused to come and see the doc with me over it all, instead he took the kids to his mum and made things worse by allowing her to change every rule that we had made for the kids and they ran riot making things even worse for me when they came back home
  • Options
    he even complained when i was having trouble with the kids when they where little and refused to come and see the doc with me over it all, instead he took the kids to his mum and made things worse by allowing her to change every rule that we had made for the kids and they ran riot making things even worse for me when they came back home

thats not exactly an uncommon thing for a guy to do, or for grandparents to do, but its a long time for you to hold resentment for something minor
  • Options
    something minor? to undermine a parent at any given point, over anything, if i had said something was black she would have told them i was wrong and it was white!!! it wasnt just the occassional thing it was over everything

they where aloowed to eat like animals spit hit amongst many other things and behave so badly that i couldnt even take them to playgroup!! yeah thats minor thing isnt it
  • Options
    our time together has never been about sharing things, its been about him going to work and earning the money for me to do everything else, so he could come home and play with the kids and have his dinner, while i was still there running around tryingto get everything else sorted and eventualy fall in bed exhausted

Clearly you aren't happy with this. So change it or leave.

If he isn't helping to make you happy then he is part of the problem.
  • Options
    something minor? to undermine a parent at any given point, over anything, if i had said something was black she would have told them i was wrong and it was white!!! it wasnt just the occassional thing it was over everything

they where aloowed to eat like animals spit hit amongst many other things and behave so badly that i couldnt even take them to playgroup!! yeah thats minor thing isnt it

maybe because their mother didnt love them?
  • Options
    their mother didnt have time to love them because she was so busy running around trying to look after them and finding it so damm hard due to their father and his family!!!
  • Options
    their mother didnt have time to love them because she was so busy running around trying to look after them and finding it so damm hard due to their father and his family!!!

Or she was too busy looking for reasons not to spend time with them and to enjoy them.

It's easy to blame everyone else for your troubles but at no point during this discussion have you accepted that you allow things to be as they are.
  • Options
    if it is as bad as you say then do you not think your life would be better if you started over?
  • Options
    i didnt allow it, i was forced into it, by having no choice!!! i had a husband who was more concerned with upseting his mother than helping his wife
  • Options
    you always have a choice, if you let things be that way then they will be
  • Options
    You werent forced into marrying him! And you could have walked away at any time, but istead you let it carry on
  • Options
    since friday night we have been sleeping in different rooms, i have hardly spoken to him he knows that we have a problem and he knows that im here while i sort something out this week and i cant leave due to this, he has still continued as if nothing is happening, that everything is fine and normal, he hasnt once tried to speak to me about anything, or see if there was anything we could do to sort it out. its not like i havent made myself available because i have been sat in the same room as him on a night, he just refuses to even start to talk
  • Options
    While you always have a choice, it can often feel as though you don't.
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    You werent forced into marrying him! And you could have walked away at any time, but istead you let it carry on

actually yes i was kinda

i was pregnant, no job no money no where to live, it was kinda expected that we got married, marriage had never been talked about or even thought of til i found i was pregnant
  • Options
    but according to you he's never been good at talking so why do you think it would be different now? do you want to be with him?
  • Options

:crying:

My nana had 10, 11 if you count the one that died as a baby, and still had time to love each and every one of them. Love isnt something you make time for.
    I could never have a spare second in the day but would still love my children with every fibre of my being.

Do you really think its normal? I suppose you blame your children for you not loving them?
  • Options
    not if it means that he will continue with the way things have been and not if he wont put even half the effort he does with work towards what is going on with us right now
  • Options
    :crying:

My nana had 10, 11 if you count the one that died as a baby, and still had time to love each and every one of them. Love isnt something you make time for.
    I could never have a spare second in the day but would still love my children with every fibre of my being.

Do you really think its normal? I suppose you blame your children for you not loving them?

ok suzy im not a natural mum ok!!!!

i hadnt even touched a baby before we had our first, i had no idea what end did what!!!!!
  • Options
    not if it means that he will continue with the way things have been and not if he wont put even half the effort he does with work towards what is going on with us right now[/QUOTE

do you want it to work? yes or no
  • Options
    right ladies and gents i am having to leave this conersation for now, he is due home in around 5 mins, and i will move off here to give him a chance to talk if thats what he wishes, im not running off and i may get chance to reply later on if not it will be tomorrow
  • Options
    not if it means that he will continue with the way things have been and not if he wont put even half the effort he does with work towards what is going on with us right now[/QUOTE

do you want it to work? yes or no

i really dont know, its as simple as that