Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Time for another ranty thread

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,505 Skive's The Limit
    Shaunie said:
    So my dad is cancelling Spotify. First world problems and all. But music really helps me when i am out and stuff. So not only do we have to starve to save money will have to cancel spotify. Whats next netflix. ?????lol hope not. Fml im so stressed. 
    If you have an iPhone Shaunie you can get 3 months free of Apple Music , you enter your card detailed but cancel it before the end of the 3 months ( like a few days before ) and you won’t be changed - I’ve just had to do the same lol 
    Oh i didnt know this. Will do this ah thank you @Millie2787
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    edited April 2019
    Sorry. Deleted.
  • Options
    NOBODY CARES :+1:

I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE :+1: 

MY LIFE'S A FAILURE AND I'M NOT GOING ANYWHERE AND I'M SCARED :+1:         

Please help it truly does hurt:'(
  • Options
    Okay I will shut up now. Nobody can help me and especially when I'm suffering this badly. I'll go talk to a helpline or something. Except I won't 'cause I'd be bothering them and tbh I don't even deserve it. Maybe I just don't feel okay to be alone, but none of you can do a bloody thing for me. I'm soooooo sorry for just being on here lol.
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    My gp mentioned that my jaw line is squint and now I'm really self conscious about it  🙃🙃
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    AbigailAbigail Posts: 818 Part of The Mix Family
    Great knee is in pain and I'm not happy as i have to prop my knee up eith a blanket to cover my leg so I can have an ice pack on my knee to help the pain. It's so cold!!
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • Options
    If you see me post one more time about my misery, slap me :unamused::expressionless: I'll shut up. Will try anyway.
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,147 Part of The Furniture
    Ok this takes the mick now it’s nearly half 4 and I still haven’t been asleep 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Pain , no sleep , feeling mentally shit 3 year old niece staying over and no one to talk to about anything can it get any worse ! 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,799 Master Poster
    Yesterday the male gymnastics coach that I had was so rude to me. He always takes his bad mood out on me and my friend during warm up by constantly moaning at us and separating us when we aren't even doing anything wrong. Today he was even making unkind comments about my speech just because I have an overbite. I told him to stop but he wouldn't listen and everyone in the group (including him and the female coach we had) were laughing. Nobody even understands how horrible it feels. And he was moaning at me for not doing a handstand flat back on the double mini trampoline. I didn't want to as I don't feel comfortable being near him due to his constant moaning. He pretended to care when I was using the bars by asking me what was wrong because I was getting upset easily. I politely told him that him and the group laughing at me for my speech and other stuff I do is the problem. He then lied to me on my next go when he said that everyone he spoke to said that they were laughing with me at the stuff. I did not find one of those things funny at all. After gymnastics I told my mum about what happened because I was upset and scared to go to gymnastics on 26th April. She was not happy about what happened so we went into the gym and I showed her which coach it was. I knew it would probably get a bit loud or take a while so I went to the lockers with my friend  (even though she was one of those laughing AT me.) I told her about how I had a good mind to either report that man or quit gymnastics. She begged me not to quit. A couple of minutes later I was ready to go so I went to meet my mum by the vending machine. I asked her what the coach said. She said that at first he lied about having anything to do with what happened. Eventually he told the truth about it and apologised. He probably only apologised because my mum and a senior coach (possibly even one of the welfare officers) was standing behind him. I know that this might sound stupid but I am now scared of going back to gymnastics after the holidays. I especially do not like the male gymnastics coach I have. Never liked him. Never will. I don't mind the female coach though because she helped me with my anger problems and learning 2 very hard skills. Usually I just have the female coach but as 2 more people joined the group we had to have an extra more experienced coach. I don't know who to talk to about it so I just decided to put it on here if that is ok. 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    I am so proper stupid. I got diagnosed with astigmatism. And I am only 13. Apparently it is a life long condition. 😔 Link to information about astigmatism: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/astigmatism/
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Tell you what. I'll remove the original comment and replace it with another rant:

Why can't we delete our comments on here? I don't really see why it's not allowed. There's a couple things I don't understand on here tbh. But I don't mean to badmouth you The Mix, sorry - you're awesome lol.
  • Options
    Tell you what. I'll remove the original comment and replace it with another rant:

Why can't we delete our comments on here? I don't really see why it's not allowed. There's a couple things I don't understand on here tbh. But I don't mean to badmouth you The Mix, sorry - you're awesome lol.
    Hey @K@kathleen0172

Ive asked this before so ill just quickly find the thread and their reply. ....

----------
    "it's worth keeping in mind that you're posting on a public forum, where everything is designed/expected to stay public. We do delete posts on request (we can even delete all someone's posts if asked), but the way in which an online community generally works is that everything is kept historically so that other people can use that information later on. If that's not something you're keen on, it may be worth looking into other spaces which don't carry that permanence. 

The reason only mods can delete threads and posts is so that we can keep track of what's said and what gets removed or edited. It's quite important that we have oversight of that and that it's not something that happens all the time. It also avoids posts being impulsively deleted in the heat of a moment, and then us being asked to restore them later."

--------

Hopefully im allowed to quote an old post from  @The Mix
    And that its still relevant for now. 

I think id definetly delete loads of post if i could ahah. And then i guess i would want to delete posts people may of reply to (not cause of their reply but cause of what i say and guess that can fee rude to the other person)

i guess it all makes sense the reason anyway ah
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Oh gooooood my throat hurts today. I'm excited for speech and language tomorrow lol. I'll be so disappointed if they look at me like I'm nuts and say, "sorry, we can't help you, you've damaged your vocal cords beyond repair".

And I have to be up at like, 7am 'cause the appointment is at 9am. So... Yeeaah, go sleep deprivatiooon.
  • Options
    Yeesh, have you guys heard about the notre dame cathedral?! It's currently on fire :/

• Options
    Ugh im fed up. My sister told me i should not wear what i want tomorrow because i look too skinny:((((((((omg i havw nothing else to wear. Like i aint already stressed. All my other trousers are now too big for me 
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    Ugh im fed up. My sister told me i should not wear what i want tomorrow because i look too skinny:((((((((omg i havw nothing else to wear. Like i aint already stressed. All my other trousers are now too big for me 
    @shaunie tell her where to shove it - I’m sure you look amazing in it and there be more focused on what how you answer your questions and things rather than if you look “ too skinny “ 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Hooooo boy. The question remains... will Kathleen get a few hours of sleep? - or will she pull an all-nighter?

:joy: God knows but I'll be sleep deprived either way. Oh well. I hope speech and language can help. I'm kind of nervous :sweat_smile: It's only 9 hours and 45 minutes or so until my appointment lol.

Also I'm still so distressed.

Goodnight. May be on the boards at 4am depending on whether I pull an all-nighter or not. I shouldn't but we'll see :joy:
  • Options
    If anyone wants to know how it went... Um...

The good news is, the lady was really lovely. The bad news is, I've basically just been told what the doctor said - rest my voice.

I'm getting referred to an ENT doctor (I knew speech and language couldn't help, lol), because they want to look at the problem. Which, I assume, will require having a camera shoved down my throat, so that's fun.

They said nothing about surgery or medicine, so I assume if voice rest and exercises don't work, I'm just fucked:((
  • Options
    Also, it was so funny. She gave me a form that I had to sign, and one of the questions was if there was any anxiety/depression/stress in my life. I'm a pretty honest person I think, but I was scared to be truthful and didn't want a bunch of questions, so I just checked "no". Lol. Biggest lie I've ever told. In reality, I'm suicidal :joy:
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,032 Boards Guru
    Hey @kathleen0172 I'm sorry you didn't get much help from your speech and language session today. That sounds really frustrating but hopefully the referral to the ENT doctor is more helpful. Keep us updated with how that goes. Really well done for going to your appointment today <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    Aww @Aife thanks :3
  • Options
    Beth wants to think about moving me to seeing her fortnights Becuase she things I coped really well the last 2 weeks since I saw her and I’ve got another 2 weeks Still I see her again. She thinks I’m making good progress and now I don’t want to disappoint her by telling her how I back tracked progress last night. She said things are  on the up but I don’t feel like they are. Why does everyone have to change everything all the time
  • Options
    Yeesh, have you guys heard about the notre dame cathedral?! It's currently on fire :/

Yeah I heard about that last night. #prayfornotredame. 💔😭
  • Options
    One decent Nights sleep is all I ask for ,past 3am and still haven’t gone 

• Options
    I really wanna go and visit my mum as she has been in hospital since Monday but I also feel scared. Last time I had to leave her I was crying for about 40 minutes. I don't want that to happen again but I don't want my mum to feel un-loved. I did speak to her on the phone last night though. 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Ugh ffs. Because ive been getting my prescription every 2 weeks. Ive been paying double for all my meds which i didnt realise til now i said how can i do it so i pay for a month but onl collect every 2 weeks and they said that you just twll your gp you are paying so they can tell us how to handle your medication. 
    Lol ffs. Feel have been robbed ah.

Not too bothered tho cause i like the NHS ahah.  But got no money ah

• Options
    Should finding ID for DBS check be this stressful. Ive literally trashed my room now
  • Options
    Omggg can someone please help me if you have applied for an enhanced DBS check------

Cause no ones replying to me email lol. Dont suppose anyone can remember

do you have to have a paper copy with your provisional driving lience????  Is a card copy of provional okay???

did you use any letter for a proof of address or does it have to be bank statement or soemthingg. 

Helppp
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,032 Boards Guru
    edited April 2019
    Hey @Shaunie

We do DBS checks with our volunteers. We find this website really helpful in explaining which documents they can use for an enhanced DBS check. It's usually one document from group 1 and then two further documents from group 1, 2a or 2b. Hope this is helpful :)

Well done again! So happy for you! <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤