Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Time for another ranty thread

Comments

• Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    100% cannot be bothered with therapy today  :'( 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    Something I never knew was that jets' outer fusilage act as a Faraday's cage if lightning strikes when in a thunderstorm. Still, although our pilot gave us advanced warning and told us passengers we would be totally safe, Sophie and I were extremely scared when our plane, our aunt''s private jet had to unavoidably fly through a storm on our way home to the UK. All along the wingspan flashed what our pilot described as 'harmless St Elmo's Fire'. It was a terrible sight, and I could hardly contain my panic!

Category 2 severe thumderstorms and adverse weathger conditions are hitting the northern peninsula of Spain all the way down to enclose Mallorca in torrential rain and violent thunderstorms, and the heat remained ghastly high in our drenched town almost misted out in humidity of 47C. I bloody had enough of it! Early this morning we packed the rest of our gear and Sophie's jewellery stuff and my paints, and fled to Palma airport and caught our aunt's plane out of it. As we ascended the skies werer black. Never seen such terrible storms ever!

Since this morning, all is calm though the oppressive heat remains. I have a thumping headache still. Would love a large G&T. Sadly I can't being on so many meds. &****@!
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,647 Legendary Poster
    Floxy said:
    Something I never knew was that jets' outer fusilage act as a Faraday's cage if lightning strikes when in a thunderstorm. Still, although our pilot gave us advanced warning and told us passengers we would be totally safe, Sophie and I were extremely scared when our plane, our aunt''s private jet had to unavoidably fly through a storm on our way home to the UK. All along the wingspan flashed what our pilot described as 'harmless St Elmo's Fire'. It was a terrible sight, and I could hardly contain my panic!

Category 2 severe thumderstorms and adverse weathger conditions are hitting the northern peninsula of Spain all the way down to enclose Mallorca in torrential rain and violent thunderstorms, and the heat remained ghastly high in our drenched town almost misted out in humidity of 47C. I bloody had enough of it! Early this morning we packed the rest of our gear and Sophie's jewellery stuff and my paints, and fled to Palma airport and caught our aunt's plane out of it. As we ascended the skies werer black. Never seen such terrible storms ever!

Since this morning, all is calm though the oppressive heat remains. I have a thumping headache still. Would love a large G&T. Sadly I can't being on so many meds. &****@!
    OMG that sounds soooooooo scary!!! I don’t mind storms but tbh I would be very scared too!!

Hope you get to the UK ok, it’s much cooler and calmer here. :)
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Floxy said:

OMG that sounds soooooooo scary!!! I don’t mind storms but tbh I would be very scared too!!

It's so lovely and cool here @independent_   that I'm nearly beside myself with relief, though nearly embarrassed myself when onboard plane, came close to peeing myself with fright!  :o:# OMG was it frightening!

How's you, then? And how's your lovely BF.  Your summer though it was hot a couple of weeks ago must be near-perfect. Are you going back to holiday in Mallorca? Either way, have a great time in your school's summer hols. =)
  • Options
    Floxy said:
    Floxy said:

It's so lovely and cool here @independent_   that I'm nearly beside myself with relief, though nearly embarrassed myself when onboard plane, came close to peeing myself with fright!  :o:# OMG was it frightening!

How's you, then? And how's your lovely BF.  Your summer though it was hot a couple of weeks ago must be near-perfect. Are you going back to holiday in Mallorca? Either way, have a great time in your school's summer hols. =)
    Ah yeah I bet you’re relieved, I would be too. :)

I’m ok, thanks. And BF is doing well too - it’s his 16th birthday today so we spent the weekend together :) Not going on holiday this year, but hopefully next year. Unfortunately I go back to school next Monday, dreading it already!! But ah well. It’s (mostly) been a good summer :)
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Aww, I'm so happy for you and your BF, @independent_  Enjoy your special times together.  =)
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,522 Skive's The Limit
    😭wanna die
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    On my doctor's orders had to increase my heart condition meds. Thankfully he's on his way to see me now.

Can't say how glad we left Mallorca's dreadful energy sapping heat.

• Options
    Had the worst appointment this morning. My team don't think the voices will ever go away as they're trauma related, I can't live the rest of my life with the voices, I just can't do it.
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    Had the worst appointment this morning. My team don't think the voices will ever go away as they're trauma related, I can't live the rest of my life with the voices, I just can't do it.
    Well, I know this is so hard on you right now, Boo, but see if your team can give you some good solid advice on how you can deal with the voices, so press them. They're not writing you off by any means. But they owe it to you to find a workable solution so you can get by day-to-day dealing with these voices in say, a practical way. Your team should give you more encouragement, so get back to them next appointment.

Thinking of you now, darling ((Hugs))
    Mandyx
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Anyone else wondering what it feels like to die 😶
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    I'm in absolute agony today nothing's working for the cramping,  heating pads,  painkillers ect. 

If it carries on for 6 more hours I may end up in A and E with it again just for some morphine :/

Can't stand thinking I'll be living with this forever x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    Thinking it definetly must hurt less than living
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    Shaunie said:
    Thinking it definetly must hurt less than living

I know I won't be much help right now my heads all over the place But I wanted to just say I'm here for you we all are you don't have to suffer alone we care about you 💕

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

• Options
    Laine <3 thank you
  • Options
    Floxy said:
    Well, I know this is so hard on you right now, Boo, but see if your team can give you some good solid advice on how you can deal with the voices, so press them. They're not writing you off by any means. But they owe it to you to find a workable solution so you can get by day-to-day dealing with these voices in say, a practical way. Your team should give you more encouragement, so get back to them next appointment.

Thinking of you now, darling ((Hugs))
    Mandyx
    Thanks, they're trying they really are but it's having little effect  :'( and I can't bare the thought of being in services anymore, they won't let me discharge myself just yet. I can feel things going downhill again and i don't see the point in picking myself back up, if this is going to be me for the rest of my life then why bother? 
  • Options
    Sick of cleaning up after dads mess, arguing with a baliff he stupidly let in that doesn't know the rules is not the first thing on my list when I wake up in the morning.

Nor is panicking half to death because he decided to answer the fucking door when he's not allowed to damn well walk

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Laine said:
    Sick of cleaning up after dads mess, arguing with a baliff he stupidly let in that doesn't know the rules is not the first thing on my list when I wake up in the morning.

Nor is panicking half to death because he decided to answer the fucking door when he's not allowed to damn well walk
    It was your father's fault in letting the baliff in, not your's. A worthwhile tactic is giving him a tirade about his man-shit, refusing next time to clean up after him (even though he can't walk, threaten for later when he can). Letting off steam works wonders with shifting anxiety. The adrenaline transfers to justified anger, rather than it turning in on you to cause anxiety. My aunt Fiona gave this advice and it really does work.  :+1:

My rant of the day is never buy cheap Chinese vernier calipers. They are pathetically inaccurate. Thankfully I got a refund. Instead I found an engineering firm that sells vernier calipers made in Germany and to the highest spec. I paid a lot more, but the quality is there and 'Made in Germany', reassuring. Even its wooden box was wonderful.

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Im actually so beyond fed up of supporting people who couldnt give a fuck about how i am. Fucking rude. Support someone through messages constantly and do they ever ask how i am. Nope i fucking feel like death but what does anyone care. Defintly not healthy for my mental health. Think ill just be selfish and only support myself for awhile. 

No one would actually care if i was 7 ft in the ground😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
  • Options
    Today must just not be my day... was unlocking the door to let the dog out and my entire load of keys fell apart all over the floor! Had to double and tripple check that the dog hadn’t got hold of any of them and spent aaaages attempting to put them back together!!! WHYYYYYYYYYYY! Got the back together though.

I also accidentally spilt coffee on the kitchen worktop...luckily that one was a bit easier to resolve.

I need chocolate!!!
  • Options
    Floxy said:
    Laine said:

It was your father's fault in letting the baliff in, not your's. A worthwhile tactic is giving him a tirade about his man-shit, refusing next time to clean up after him (even though he can't walk, threaten for later when he can). Letting off steam works wonders with shifting anxiety. The adrenaline transfers to justified anger, rather than it turning in on you to cause anxiety. My aunt Fiona gave this advice and it really does work.  :+1:

My rant of the day is never buy cheap Chinese vernier calipers. They are pathetically inaccurate. Thankfully I got a refund. Instead I found an engineering firm that sells vernier calipers made in Germany and to the highest spec. I paid a lot more, but the quality is there and 'Made in Germany', reassuring. Even its wooden box was wonderful.

Many thanks Floxy!  I "accidentally" forgot to make his lunch until an hour later oops 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    Shaunie said:
    Im actually so beyond fed up of supporting people who couldnt give a fuck about how i am. Fucking rude. Support someone through messages constantly and do they ever ask how i am. Nope i fucking feel like death but what does anyone care. Defintly not healthy for my mental health. Think ill just be selfish and only support myself for awhile. 

No one would actually care if i was 7 ft in the ground😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
    If someone always asks and asks and never gives anything in return they're not worth your time Shaunie 

I often take breaks from supporting people too. when I have particular bad times I distance myself from websites, sometimes I just need to work on my problems or take some time off. 

Don't feel like you're "being selfish" Shaunie it's more like you're just caring for your health and that's important.

Treat yourself ❤

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    @Laine I absolutely agree with you about distancing yourself from websites when going through difficult times. This is why I'm not here so often or frequenting evening chats because I need to recharge. We must take breaks from supporting others just as you said, and returning to our own self-care strategies we know that works.

@Shaunie I do care like so many here, but sometimes need to withdraw from taking messages so I can take care of my needs including a heart condition.

I'm reminded of an excellent and thorough article by Martin Downs in a feature for WebMD. I'll post it shortly in Health & Wellbeing.

• Options
    I hope my scheduled ECG tomorrow for my heart will come out better than before. It's the not knowing that is grinding me down. :/
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,808 Master Poster
    Floxy said:
    I hope my scheduled ECG tomorrow for my heart will come out better than before. It's the not knowing that is grinding me down. :/
    I hope that you`ll be ok.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Floxy said:
    Good luck! Hope all goes well  :) 
  • Options
    Floxy said:
    I hope my scheduled ECG tomorrow for my heart will come out better than beforhope it goes well :)e. It's the not knowing that is grinding me down. :/
    Ah I hope it goes well, Floxy! :) 

Back to school tomorrow. Enough said. Back to the place which causes half my problems! Not ready for this. :(
  • Options
    Very likely going into A and E tonight, possible appendicitis i'm absolutely terrified and sad that my family don't give two hoots :(

i just want to leave here i need college but i can't do it here I'd rather be where i mean something to someone x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    Oh @Laine I'm so concerned for you. Have you told Aiden?

I had a similar family til my alcoholic mother passed away and my father was a brute, so I know where you're coming from. Right now you're in my thoughts and Sophie is praying for you. We're up on a late night with our aunt, so I'll keep vigil.

Stay strong, Lovely. I know it's dreadfully painful, but A&E are wll used to emergencies such as painful appendicitis and will deal with it immediately.

HUGS

• Options
    Waiting for a "home visit" its been long enough i just want to go to bed i might do and i hope i hear them if they turn up or hope i live until the morning.
    i have told Aidan he's the one who encouraged me to ring up despite my family not wanting me to i can't thank him enough and you too floxy thanks so much for caring it honestly means a lot right now I've never felt so uncared for

the good news is if my family are still mean and actually don't give me the money I'm entitled to after this i will not hesitate in moving back in with my partner Floxy don't worry.

college is beneficial but not when my life comes into play.

I greatly appreciate it Floxy thank you 💕 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈