Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Time for another ranty thread

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    I hope your mum is feeling better now, @independent_  Poor soul. :/

My recent experience of A&E was horrific, too. I felt like being on a conveyor belt of patients. But so short staffed they are, they can only give treatment, not care. Care is for the wards, for the nursing staff and medical teams alloted for each patient.

Shivering, feeling nauseous and vomity I waited 2 long hours being freeze dried beneath an overhead air conditioner. Ines put a rug over me. After having a blood taken I had to wait nearly 3 hours for the result (high white blood cell count = raging cellulitis AGAIN) before the junior doctor would give antibiotics by IV. Fucking jobsworth - all he had to do was look at my patient's history on-screen. Then at 4 am I nearly fell out of bed til a grumpy nurse racked up the side. For the first time in weeks I heard Sophie swear. Don't blame her. Finally at 8 am I got discharged after 2 more IV's, given a week's course of antibiotics and shoved out without so much as a goodbye. No beds. :/

And tonight? Tonight's weather at 7pm is forecasted to be feeling like an unholy 46C in an easterly wind with 70% humidity. Think we might be sleepuing under a cold shower. :joy:
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,515 Skive's The Limit
    edited July 2018
    So was on the bus and this guy oposite me is eyeing up something on the floor of the side i was on. So i looked and was a purse so ask the girl that was few seats in front of me if its hers and she was like no and it was no one elses -so the guy that was eyeing it up interpurts and says he will go hand it into the driver. While i literally saw he take out the tenner that was near the sides of it. So im just like “um i just saw you take that tenner” he puts it back & carrys on walking and then gave it to the bus driver and get of the closest stop. Um thats low. 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,632 Legendary Poster
    Floxy said:

My recent experience of A&E was horrific, too. I felt like being on a conveyor belt of patients. But so short staffed they are, they can only give treatment, not care. Care is for the wards, for the nursing staff and medical teams alloted for each patient.

Shivering, feeling nauseous and vomity I waited 2 long hours being freeze dried beneath an overhead air conditioner. Ines put a rug over me. After having a blood taken I had to wait nearly 3 hours for the result (high white blood cell count = raging cellulitis AGAIN) before the junior doctor would give antibiotics by IV. Fucking jobsworth - all he had to do was look at my patient's history on-screen. Then at 4 am I nearly fell out of bed til a grumpy nurse racked up the side. For the first time in weeks I heard Sophie swear. Don't blame her. Finally at 8 am I got discharged after 2 more IV's, given a week's course of antibiotics and shoved out without so much as a goodbye. No beds. :/

And tonight? Tonight's weather at 7pm is forecasted to be feeling like an unholy 46C in an easterly wind with 70% humidity. Think we might be sleepuing under a cold shower. :joy:
    It was me that was at A&E, not my mum - sorry if my original message read wrong it was late lol!! I’m okay, though. Will get there!

Aww your experience sounds horrible, I hope you’re doing better now! The main issue at A&Es here is long waiting times, it’s in the news a lot nowadays.

And oh god, that’s so hot - it’s getting cooler in the UK at long last :)
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Floxy said:

It was me that was at A&E, not my mum - sorry if my original message read wrong it was late lol!! I’m okay, though. Will get there!

Aww your experience sounds horrible, I hope you’re doing better now! The main issue at A&Es here is long waiting times, it’s in the news a lot nowadays.

Oh my bad! I misread thinking it was your mum. Hope you're ok? I tell you also, just being in A&E is enough to give anyone nightmares.

I'm slowly mending though having to take another course of antibiotics though I do have a little bottle of yakult every day which replaces the natural flora we have in our digestion that meds like mine destroy. My big worry is staying out of hospital!

As for Mallorca's weather, it's the humidity Ines says is responsible making it feel 9 degrees hotter. But July/August are our hottest months. What we need is good thunderstorm. I hope you stay cool and chill out at home, relax like me and take time getting well again. *Hugs* :)
  • Options
    Floxy said:
    Floxy said:

Oh my bad! I misread thinking it was your mum. Hope you're ok? I tell you also, just being in A&E is enough to give anyone nightmares.

I'm slowly mending though having to take another course of antibiotics though I do have a little bottle of yakult every day which replaces the natural flora we have in our digestion that meds like mine destroy. My big worry is staying out of hospital!

As for Mallorca's weather, it's the humidity Ines says is responsible making it feel 9 degrees hotter. But July/August are our hottest months. What we need is good thunderstorm. I hope you stay cool and chill out at home, relax like me and take time getting well again. *Hugs* :)
    Thank you. Definitely taking time to relax. Glad you’re relaxing too and getting better :)

It’s definitely much cooler here now, it’s weird not walking up to my room and being hit by a sauna-like heat :) 

*hugs to you too*
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Floxy said:
    Floxy said:

Thank you. Definitely taking time to relax. Glad you’re relaxing too and getting better :)

It’s definitely much cooler here now, it’s weird not walking up to my room and being hit by a sauna-like heat :) 

*hugs to you too*
    One cheap way of keeping cool is filling empty mineral water bottles with tap water, freezing them overnight and standing them in front of a desk fan. And you behind them. You'll be lovely and cool for about half an hour, but re-freeze them for next day. That's what Sophie does. =)

Glad it's cooler for you. I wish here!
  • Options
    Floxy said:
    Floxy said:
    Floxy said:

*hugs to you too*
    One cheap way of keeping cool is filling empty mineral water bottles with tap water, freezing them overnight and standing them in front of a desk fan. And you behind them. You'll be lovely and cool for about half an hour, but re-freeze them for next day. That's what Sophie does. =)

Glad it's cooler for you. I wish here! 
    That’s actually a really nice idea! Will definitely try that next time it’s warm enough :) 
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Literally just been in bed doing nothing but fidget & feel sorry for myself while i take the pain of back & stomach cramps😭😭anyone looking at me would think im having pregnacy contractions lol😭😭help. Feel like dying
    Post edited by Siena on
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Tomorrow lunchtime it's going to feel 45C instead of 37. That's insane! So I'm planning staying in with the AC on and only hoping I won't get feeling rough again. July/August always has been months for highest temperatures, but in past years topped out no more than 38C. What's happened to our weather? What we all need is a good storm, but Mallorca hasn't had rain for weeks. Weeks!
  • Options
    Floxy said:
    Tomorrow lunchtime it's going to feel 45C instead of 37. That's insane! So I'm planning staying in with the AC on and only hoping I won't get feeling rough again. July/August always has been months for highest temperatures, but in past years topped out no more than 38C. What's happened to our weather? What we all need is a good storm, but Mallorca hasn't had rain for weeks. Weeks!
    That’s just so hot I can’t imagine! When I was there last summer it was about 35 in mid-July, but felt a lot warmer than that. 

It’s rained pretty much all day here today. Haven’t been out in it though so that’s all good lol.
  • Options
    Floxy said:
    That’s just so hot I can’t imagine! When I was there last summer it was about 35 in mid-July, but felt a lot warmer than that. 

It’s rained pretty much all day here today. Haven’t been out in it though so that’s all good lol.
      I hope your rainy weather will soothe you. I love the sound of rain on my bedroom windows. :)

Though our AC is on there's a limit to being freeze dried. I can't sleep - either way! And this illness worsens at night time. I'm helplessly tired.

• Options
    AbigailAbigail Posts: 818 Part of The Mix Family
    Most of you will be waking up when you read this thats if you read it. For me it's nearly 5 in the morning and i havent slept. I have watched the sun rise this morning. Wow I hate not sleeping and to be honest I don't want to sleep. 
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • Options
    I was in Deià last night and watched the sunrise at 6:50. The sun was a huge orange ball gradually spreading its pinky-golden light across the sea. I kicked myself for not bringing a camera to capture it. :/
  • Options
    Mum’s now building stuff in the room below mine (the one she was decorating the other day) and all I can hear through the floor is “BANG, BANG, BANG” and my mum singing away to Ed Sheeran music from 2015! ;)
  • Options
    Been to get my hair done today asked for 3 inches off and he has took off 4 to 5 inches. I am not happy and I'm never going there again. My hair is to short!!!!! 
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • Options
    Abigail said:
    Been to get my hair done today asked for 3 inches off and he has took off 4 to 5 inches. I am not happy and I'm never going there again. My hair is to short!!!!! 
    Aww, sorry to hear that.  :/   Stupid hairdesser! But try and look on the bright side. Our weather is so hot that shorter hair will be less bother, and it will soon grow back again. :)
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Cant breath properLy and feel like im dying. So stresseD. Feels like something is sitting on my chest😭😭😭😭
  • Options
    1 question - why do I put myself through this?
    Work today started at 7am left mine at 6am. Finished at 8pm got in at 9pm. 13 hours of shouting running and lighting! Day one down 6 more days to go plus about 7 hours of paperwork. Looks like no chat for me tomorrow by the looks of my hour 6am start in the studio finishing about 8pm!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2018
     No sleep what so ever now have to get buses to go to my way too early appiontment. Literally dont get what has happened to my brain or why it never turns of when i get into bed like it used to straight away. but did watch ton of netlfix lol. 
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,035 Boards Guru
    Shaunie said:
     No sleep what so ever now have to get buses to go to my way too early appiontment. Literally dont get what has happened to my brain or why it never turns of when i get into bed like it used to straight away. but did watch ton of netlfix lol. 
    Hope your appointment goes okay today @Shaunie. Let us know how you get on :) 
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Back to work today and dreading it  :'(
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    Thanks to my doctor's diagnosis this evening since I fainted outside a radio station, my heart condition has put paid to my musical career. But my solo albums are selling well, and that is something to be grateul for.

Tonight we are going home, and I'm sad but it's for the best.
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    I feel like I'm right back in my personal hell since coming home,  like everything I had to be happy about is just gone and i'm left in despair.

Really not looking forward to stupid college.. 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    So tired. Just no energy at all :(
  • Options
    So tired. Just no energy at all :(
    You really ought to see your doctor, @independent_   Two months ago I had the same experience and my doc gave me a bllod test (just a little scratch, no more) which revealed I was a littl anemic. Doc got me well again quite quickly, so I feel it's important to at least get checked out. It might just be the heat, but do call your doc and ask. It's for the best, ok hun? :) I hope you begin feeling better soon.

I was rather hoping for a good night's rest, but Mallorca is having an almighty bunch of thunderstorms surrounding the island, but mostly north-east. The lightning is continuously flashing and crash after crash of thunder and rain - ahh rain! That's the good side, but otherwise no sleep tonight for any of us! 147 flashes a minute Sophie calculated :joy:

Even earplugs don't work. O__O
  • Options
    I've had a dreadful night of pain. i feel so tired. Taken some liquid painkiller now and returning before it knocks me off my perch.
  • Options
    I'm sooo tired unable to rest this afternoon for the dreadful thunderstorms still raging on throughout the afternoon into this evening. I feel wrung out, and ache. I had a rough night last night not helping either. I feel so upset. :'(
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    I booked my weekend hoilday well inadvance and like 1 month ago so thats like 2 months in advance but declined my hoilday in september. So looks like ill have to go to work on my birthday. Brill. Birthdays are always shit anyway. Spoke to my manager and there was just no way he would have it as too many booked it off. But am allowed the sunday off so atleast i can get totally drunk on the saturday. What shit though. They never accept my hoilday and tell me to book it with a year in advance. Um i dunno what im doing tomorrow let alone in a year lol. & i hope i aint working here in a year. Doesnt take much to find someone who will work on a saturday in september like have loads of time to find someone. Literally hate where i work. Fml
  • Options
    Totally rude how even my family call me and my sister “The twins” like even just read it on a group chat. Um im my own person with my own name. Said i dont like it yet carry on. Okayyy ...rudee