Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Time for another ranty thread

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    I nearly got taken off beta blockers - only to have to remain on them. But they won't affect most of my everyday activities which I'm grateful for.
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    TheAprilFoolTheAprilFool Posts: 187 Helping Hand
    Meggles said:
    Went to Costa today, walked out covered in glass.. never going Costa atain
    What happened @Meggles? I hope you're okay  <3
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,497 Skive's The Limit
    Had a really shitty week. I cant even remember half of it. I just know i passed out on a bus. No one cares that i wanted to die. 😭
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    TheAprilFoolTheAprilFool Posts: 187 Helping Hand
    Kind of annoyed because I don't feel very cared for. My friends don't really check in on me, my boyfriend takes advantage of me, and my family don't do anything to help me with my mental health even when I make them aware of how I feel. I just want someone to be there for me but I feel like everyone who talks to me gets bored of me or wants something from me. I want to support people but I get tired sometimes and occasionally I get angry because a lot of my relationships feel kind of one-sided. 

I know that people care really, but I wish they would make it easier to tell. I just want to have someone that I can rely on to always be there.
  • Options
    starfish_17starfish_17 Posts: 226 Trailblazer
    Why can some people not take no for an answer and continue being creepy and desperate. Not looking forward to having to spend the weekend with some people 😞
  • Options
    Just spent 5 minutes conversation with man in the shop who was serving me - on how im not on my way to work or on way home from work to or on lunch. Lol just cause i wear trousers as casual doesnt mean ive got a life sorted out with a job. Dont have a life.😭 I just came out of my hole/house to get buy some juice
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Finally out of hospital :) work have been so supportive of my mental health. they said if theres ever a day i dont feel up to coming in ive to just phone and it wont affect my absence rate, also can do half days if i want. im also being paired up with my friend at work so im not working on my own :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
  • Options
    Towards the end of this week, forecasters warn of heat feeling like 43C! Closing shutters and curtains across may make inside dark, but it's become the only way to keep cool and not run expensive air conditioning. That's fine for our guests, but during the day it's become so hot! 37C at lunchtime. We're staying in - do you blame us? XD
  • Options
    Cant sleep. So fed up
  • Options
    I bake my dog some cupcakes. Take all the effort to go and buy the ingerients and actually put it in the oven and all. And he wont even try it. Lolllll losing the will to live. Wont try his new food either. 

For a Dog that eats other dog’s shit- hes a fussy eater
  • Options
    The athlete's foot I've had this last week has driven me near insane until my doc prescribed some cream and thankfully it's working right now. What is not, is staying inside because our weather is so hot right now, it's dangerous to be out. 34C, but feeling like 40C! a southerly wind and high humidity isn't helping.

And Jack is swimming in the pool and won't come out. :/
  • Options
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,309 Part of The Furniture
    edited July 2018
    Hot weather would be so much nicer if this country had heard of air con. Aaaaah.

All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    Not going to work cause getting painful wisdom tooth😂😭probably not a valid excuse. So just gone with sickness. But hurts so muc omg. I cant even eat and hurts to talk😭😭and have massive head 😭
     didnt even know what wisdom teeth was til this week 😂😭
  • Options
    AbigailAbigail Posts: 818 Part of The Mix Family
    Not happy! My one day to lie in before tomorrow and i get woken up by the house phone. Not able to go to sleep again not happy one bit. 
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • Options
    Insomnia getting worse. Gotten past trying to stay asleep. So i have just spent hours catching up on netflix. Not even trying anymore. Thoughts are too much now. Im So fed up. so tired, my legs feel so tired & not attached to my body & my body just feels fucked. 
  • Options
  • Options
    I've just come home after spending the night in ER being pumped with strong antibiotics for a second attack of cellulitus. Not happy right now cos the heat is awful. Had my doctor come see me and increaded my antibiocs. This weekend probs Sunday I go home.

Sophie has been wonderful. Being selfless, and being my carer anyway she stayed with me all night.

This Sunday it's back to Mallorca, taking a shed load more antibiotics. I still feel rough. :/

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    When your mum is decorating the room below your’s and she’s having to sand the walls and all you can hear is the horrible sound of the electric sander... like wow  some piece would be nice!Lol.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    When your mum is decorating the room below your’s and she’s having to sand the walls and all you can hear is the horrible sound of the electric sander... like wow  some piece would be nice!Lol.
    It's good that your mum is doing the DIY instead of paying a fortune to a decorator. Plaudits to mum! =)

But eventually you'll get peace. Maybe a visit to your boyfriend and put the fan on will help you feel not only cooler, but more loved.Hope you geta good weekend! You could geta storm to clear the air.
  • Options
    Feel completly awful 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 I have been crying for what feels like ages. It literally hurts so much 😭😭😭😭. I cant handle it any longer 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 
  • Options
    Floxy said:
    It's good that your mum is doing the DIY instead of paying a fortune to a decorator. Plaudits to mum! =)

But eventually you'll get peace. Maybe a visit to your boyfriend and put the fan on will help you feel not only cooler, but more loved.Hope you geta good weekend! You could geta storm to clear the air.
    She finally stopped about 8 last night!! She’d been doing it in bits throughout the day though. Mum is a really good decorator :)

We had a huge storm last night, so much that my dog was really scared curled up on the sofa with us. Feeling a lot cooler today :) Hope you have a good weekend too!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options

Glad you had a good storm though your poor doggy I feel sorry for.

I am very  unwell with what is my 3rd bout of cullulitis. The infection sometimes stays in the tissues (my legs) which is why the infection returned so my doctors are going to give me a low dose antibiotic to take every day. Usually doctors are cautious, but I'm needing.

Today and yesterday I've been bed resting all day long. Helps fight infection inc the anbiotics of course. Sophie is my carer. Dear little soul she has had a rough time looking after me. She's just going to bed now, so tired out she is. :/

I hope you have good weekend. It should be better than mine. I'm back in England for a bit longer than planned.

Best wishes to you luv,
    Mandy
  • Options
    Knows probs fed up of reading my suicidal shit. But really wish i just die :(
  • Options
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    Hey @Meggles and @Gracey_ sounds like you're both going through a tough time at the moment. It's positive to see you reaching out about how you're feeling here in the ranty thread. I hope it's helped to post about everything here. As you know, the ranty thread isn't the best place to get support on the forum, so you're both more than welcome to create your own threads to talk about how you're feeling and get some support. 

Hope you're both doing okay, stay strong <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    Stupid doctor underprescribed my antibiotics and that was after promising continuation of my doubled dose every 6 hours. The pinkiness showing on my upper thigh distresses me. Despite 3 days I'm still getting nausea, tiredness and temperature changes (controlled by paracetamol), and over-all I feel ghastly, so right now Ines is talking to my doctor to 'up' my dose. Frankly the doctor needs upping. With my yard broom.

At least she can sweep the floor as she walks along. :smirk:

• Options
    What a day. My health’s took a turn again and ended up in A&E. (Totally unrelated but how f**king long do they need to make you wait nowadays)!!! Home now though. :)