Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Time for another ranty thread

Comments

• Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,632 Legendary Poster
    NEGATIVE PEOPLE!!!!!!!! GRRRRRR!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    NEGATIVE PEOPLE!!!!!!!! GRRRRRR!

independent_

It's more productive than a kick up the arse. :razz:

• Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
    Meggles wrote: »

Make yourself an emergency 'ill' pack.
    With your fav "makes me feel better" stuff like idk. Tissues, fab throat sweets, lemon tea bags etc etc etc
    Hope you feel better soon

This is actually a nice idea - thank you. :)
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    Mum has been making a big deal about my band's first UK concert tonight, rabbiting on so negatively and hurtfully. That's all I need! Her anxiety rose, and when I walked away she went all hissy on me.

I am no longer someone to be emotionally manipulated; made to feel bad about myself. Sod that - I've had 16 years of being emotionally battered by her. Mum can sort out her own rubbish tonight without me. I'll not be an emotional punchbag - ever again. :mad:
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    According to toys r us I don't live in the UK, news to me! :banghead:
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    I'm very upset when the person I've been trying so much to help, replies thanklessly and with rancour. Don't know why I bother. :grump:
  • Options
    LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    Will Monday nights ever be not so hard!?😕
  • Options
    For twelve years my family have taken care of a girl since she was fifteen. Because she lives thousands of miles away, alas our contact with her has had to remain online. As I grew up, she and I became close and my partner, too. We helped her through her up and down times. All went well until she met a man and fell in love. Well, good for her we said. We really meant that.

We told her we wanted to fly out out after Christmas and meet her. Form a family tie so she could become part of our family, and we looked forward to hearing back..

Then about an hour ago this woman emailed my partner and I, and told us goodbye. Except it was the hurtful way that she wrote. She didn't have to write so nastily. But the tone of her letter broke my heart and Dixie's also. We don't know what it's going to do to Mum, but I guess that like us she will be badly hurt.

I've been abandoned so many times. Some people, they just can't help themselves but hurt others. Because it's in their nature, and the worst is ingratitude.

Twelve years and she's gone, blocked us in all areas. I don't know when I'll get over the loss, for abandonment seems to follow me where 'ere I go. It's just that I can't take people being horrible - and I don't see why I should have to. However, even though she's gone from our lives, I'm determined to make this Christmas the best.

• Options
    Princesa wrote: »
    For twelve years my family have taken care of a girl since she was fifteen. Because she lives thousands of miles away, alas our contact with her has had to remain online. As I grew up, she and I became close and my partner, too. We helped her through her up and down times. All went well until she met a man and fell in love. Well, good for her we said. We really meant that.

We told her we wanted to fly out out after Christmas and meet her. Form a family tie so she could become part of our family, and we looked forward to hearing back..

Then about an hour ago this woman emailed my partner and I, and told us goodbye. Except it was the hurtful way that she wrote. She didn't have to write so nastily. But the tone of her letter broke my heart and Dixie's also. We don't know what it's going to do to Mum, but I guess that like us she will be badly hurt.

I've been abandoned so many times. Some people, they just can't help themselves but hurt others. Because it's in their nature, and the worst is ingratitude.

Twelve years and she's gone, blocked us in all areas. I don't know when I'll get over the loss, for abandonment seems to follow me where 'ere I go. It's just that I can't take people being horrible - and I don't see why I should have to. However, even though she's gone from our lives, I'm determined to make this Christmas the best.

That is terrible!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    independent_ We've never seen her so upset. :(

But later we're taking her and my sisters to our favourite tea & Coffee shop for Elevensies coffee and munchies. Cheer them up!

Thank you for being here for me. :)

Julie
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,515 Skive's The Limit
    Really do need a new job and a life. Been working at primark for way too long,have a new manger and he alwyas speaks to all the staff, picking up on every small f thing. I forgot i had a manager before cause the old one never spoke to me..now he comes up telling me my work ethics are good but i do not do anything medthocally. And should spend soemtimes going through rails of clothes, size ordering ect then go to the next closest. Um i have tried that before and takes a whilw to size order everythig and put in right place when its busy abd can barely move. By the time i have done one rail everything on my deparenment will be on the floor and he will come up to me saying is all on the floor. I know it is all on the fucking floor you told ne to just focus on sectioned on the deparement but everything is a mess while i do that so cant really have a method and need to just go round picking up shit that customer like to just leave on the floor. And cant do much when people are asking to go in stock room to find their sizes all the time. And then ringing cleaner when someone spills their drink all the time.If bothers so much that one thing is on the floor then pick it up self. Dont have 5 hands. Takes a few fucking seconds not a fucking slave. Its primark,its busy obviously there will be some things on the floor every now and then. Fml. I go into h&m and there is always things on the floor for ages and yet thats not as busy so why care so much. All the clothes smell of sick anyway. I cant fuckin size order and make everything perfect if i can barely move or breath in the shop.
    Then i get rude customers who have literally just walked into the shop, asking where mens belts are, then I just say theyre some where in the mens section somewhere, then they say where is that, so say the direction, then they want specifics of the belts, omfg go check yourself will come aross it sooner or later, fml so fucking lazy, then they get pissy i do not know exactly where in the shop tbey are, of corse i dont they move it around all the fucking time and if its not in my section i have no idea. Then even if i do know i never get a thanks. I never walk into a shop and ask where womans section is, i walk around first and know im gunna come aross it at some point ffs.
    And all i can hear is customers saying "i cant stay in this shop any longer" how i mange to stay for 4 hours and not cry, i really dont know. Last time i do overtime and im dreading the weekend soo soo much. Its always busy on weekends but near christmas is the worst and everyones stress heads buying presents.
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    [URL="http://www.themix.org.uk/community/member/95994-independent_"]independent_[/URL] We've never seen her so upset. :(

But later we're taking her and my sisters to our favourite tea & Coffee shop for Elevensies coffee and munchies. Cheer them up!

Thank you for being here for me. :)

Julie

Aww well I hope you had nice coffee and cakes and that it cheered you all up😊😊
  • Options

Aww well I hope you had nice coffee and cakes and that it cheered you all up😊😊

Aww, bless you, Eleanor, we did, thanks. Mum became especially cheerful when I ordered a massive plate of Chelsea buns. They are utterly delish, and I have a recipe for them. They are truly worth making. At least in quadruple quantity. :yum:

Thank you for the support. :rainbow2:
  • Options

Aww, bless you, Eleanor, we did, thanks. Mum became especially cheerful when I ordered a massive plate of Chelsea buns. They are utterly delish, and I have a recipe for them. They are truly worth making. At least in quadruple quantity. :yum:

Thank you for the support. :rainbow2:

It's not a problem! Mmmmmmm cakes!!!
  • Options

It's not a problem! Mmmmmmm cakes!!!

Mum's got Elizabeth David's Chelsea buns recipe. When first tasting them I thought they were the most scrummiest cakes out! Laters I'll ask her for the recipe and post it on my Spanish recipe thread.

Got me drooling now, haha.
  • Options
    I don't know how it happened but my phone's mute button is broken and keeps clicking up and down on it's own... grrrr!

EDIT - ignore, I managed to fix it - there must have been something stuck in it cuz I fixed it with my nail 😂
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran

Mum's got Elizabeth David's Chelsea buns recipe. When first tasting them I thought they were the most scrummiest cakes out! Laters I'll ask her for the recipe and post it on my Spanish recipe thread.

Got me drooling now, haha.

what's a Chelsea bun?... :pancake flip:
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options

what's a Chelsea bun?... :pancake flip:

Here you are, Bubbles!
    https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/food/ic/food_16x9_448/recipes/chelsea_buns_95015_16x9.jpg
  • Options
    You know that way when someone's annoyed you and all you want to do is tell them where to go but you can't because... they're a teacher... yeah!
  • Options
    starfish_17starfish_17 Posts: 226 Trailblazer
    Hate the constant arguments and digs at me in the family :(
  • Options
    ONE hour before we were due to go onstage last night in Palma and I receive an urgent phonecall from hospital back home: Mum was rushed to hospital.

She's been on remission for ten years and now the cancer returned. Thankfully a carer and our neighbour was with Mum and have stayed with her until we rushed home, but the flights home were full so we had to take a private jet. A nasty wind caused our plane to "crab" to land, but the pilot was good to explain what he was going to do to land the aircraft. Turbulence had made me chuck up. The up side of private jetting was we could take home all our PA equipment left stuck at home. The down side was arriving to the hospital several hours longer than intended.

Dixie drove instead of me cuz I was almost out of my head. We arrived at the hospital to see Mum looking poorly, but comfy. Her consultant oncologist said the cancer had moved to an intimate part of her body and had spread. He said Mum may survive the new year but theres no knowing. After lots of X-rays they began treatment, radiation and f knows what else.

Abigail for kindly giving me that Carers link so Mum had a carer with her all the time.

My sisters are very distressed.Its going to have to be one day at a time now. Typical to be a fortnight before Christmas. :(
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Belle and I feel low, but we're going to get through this.
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,515 Skive's The Limit
    Lol fml. I have my account back for elefriends for a day. And they have already sent me a threat to withdrawl my account again because i my post said -i had blood in my wee and was too triggering as contains the word "blood" cant even say how im physically feeling let alone suicidal thoughts. Yet i have wrote similar just a few hours before and is still up there. Lol the rules & constitancy of them are a joke 😂😂
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    What broke me this morning was seeing Mum's beautifully wrapped presents set around the base of our large Christmas tree in our lounge. Belle held me while I wept. This year her presents looked magical, as if the very wrapping paper has a life of its own.

I am already living bereavement. There is no knowing when our beloved Mum is going to pass away. Christmas is a terrible time when our dearly beloved mother is slowly slipping away. But at least Mum is happy, comfortable and content in our local hospice, and that brings a little more lightness to one's heavy heart.

Thank goodness for Belle. She is the light of my life right now.

• Options
    My legalistic Bst*d agent phoned saying my band must fulfil its contract in London this Saturday, irrespective of my mother being terminall ill. The music business can be so callous! :mad:

There is no getting out and it's a big concert. People have paid good money for their tickets, so we have to fulfill our obligation because it's the law and I don't want my band to get in trouble and get a bad name.

Just scares me that Mum will be all alone that night. :(
  • Options
    MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    My legalistic Bst*d agent phoned saying my band must fulfil its contract in London this Saturday, irrespective of my mother being terminall ill. The music business can be so callous! :mad:

There is no getting out and it's a big concert. People have paid good money for their tickets, so we have to fulfill our obligation because it's the law and I don't want my band to get in trouble and get a bad name.

Just scares me that Mum will be all alone that night. :(

I know, Jules. But she's comfortable at the hospice and being lovingly taken care of. We must, and this is vital, fulfill our legal obligations to our agent and importantly to our new fans who have bought tickets. I promise to look after you, Sis.

Today the roads are dreadful. Motorists are so rude! But it was good to come home to a nice pot of coffee and biscuits.
  • Options
    MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    Esme17 wrote: »
    Hate the constant arguments and digs at me in the family :(

I know how it feels, @Esme17 .

Mandy my sister is constantly on my back, but like your siblings, grudgingly she looks up to me and Jules. Our sisters may tease, they may dig and make jibes, but when all is said and done they do care for you, like mine care for me.

Our parents or guardians have their own worries, but that doesn't mean their getting on at you is personal. They still love you and want the best, so you must obey help them where you can because like me you live under their roof so have to abide by home rules. It's not all about you, dear. It's all about swallowing criticism and making the best of what you have. With your parents, like my mother, it's known as Tough Love.

Have you heard of 'Tiger Mother'? Here is the definition

"a strict or demanding mother who pushes her children to high levels of achievement, using methods regarded as typical of childrearing in China and other parts of East Asia." .

OK, I'm French and not Asian and though mum is dying, still she maintains a tough stance on me. Despite my hard upbringing, I am truly grateful. Hard though it was, what I am today is all down to her.

Take a day at a time with your family. Remember they have problems. Reaching out to them could make a lot iof difference. :)

Belle x

• Options
    starfish_17starfish_17 Posts: 226 Trailblazer
    Mirabelle wrote: »

I know how it feels, @Esme17 .

Mandy my sister is constantly on my back, but like your siblings, grudgingly she looks up to me and Jules. Our sisters may tease, they may dig and make jibes, but when all is said and done they do care for you, like mine care for me.

Our parents or guardians have their own worries, but that doesn't mean their getting on at you is personal. They still love you and want the best, so you must obey help them where you can because like me you live under their roof so have to abide by home rules. It's not all about you, dear. It's all about swallowing criticism and making the best of what you have. With your parents, like my mother, it's known as Tough Love.

Have you heard of 'Tiger Mother'? Here is the definition

"a strict or demanding mother who pushes her children to high levels of achievement, using methods regarded as typical of childrearing in China and other parts of East Asia." .

OK, I'm French and not Asian and though mum is dying, still she maintains a tough stance on me. Despite my hard upbringing, I am truly grateful. Hard though it was, what I am today is all down to her.

Take a day at a time with your family. Remember they have problems. Reaching out to them could make a lot iof difference. :)

Belle x

Thanks for that Belle. Its all good now, was just the other night but its been sorted. I am very grateful for what they have done for me and always will be :)

Esme x