Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Time for another ranty thread

Comments

• Options
    s p ismails p ismail Deactivated Posts: 8 Confirmed not a robot
    Hi Meggles,

I'm glad you made it home, sorry about your panic attack.I hope everything is better now and at least you made a friend, which is great !
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Mirabelle wrote: »
    The kitchen draw has stuck again. But this time I used Jules' jemmy more efficiently. The drawer's front gave no resistence when I jammed it in with a few cussed bangs with the hammer and wrenched it forward. It fell to the floor, but I leapt out the way.

New Year's res: Fix hinges to all the draw fronts, secured by a strong magnet. That will sort them buggers. :cool:

I wondered what the banging, crashing and swearing was! You did well though and I like the new hinges. :thumb:
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    It's my first day off over the Christmas period and my family are out for a meal but im stuck home on my own cause of anxiety. Fab.
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    s p ismails p ismail Deactivated Posts: 8 Confirmed not a robot
    Hey BubblesGoesBoo,

What a fab name! Sorry to hear that you are stuck at home, but you also don't want to push yourself, we're all hear for you if you ever need to talk. We have a few articles on dealing with anxiety if you'd like to look at them and see if they can be of any help http://www.themix.org.uk/mental-health/anxiety-ocd-and-phobias/help-me-with-my-anxiety-5601.html

Always here
    Subira
  • Options
    MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    Princesa wrote: »

I wondered what the banging, crashing and swearing was! You did well though and I like the new hinges. :thumb:

I used your drill and rawlplugs. I envy your toolkit!
  • Options
    s p ismail wrote: »
    Hey BubblesGoesBoo,

What a fab name! Sorry to hear that you are stuck at home, but you also don't want to push yourself, we're all hear for you if you ever need to talk. We have a few articles on dealing with anxiety if you'd like to look at them and see if they can be of any help http://www.themix.org.uk/mental-health/anxiety-ocd-and-phobias/help-me-with-my-anxiety-5601.html

Always here
    Subira

Heey, thanks.. i've had a look through and gonna try keep a happiness diary and see how it goes, i dunno if it will help but i've reached the point where i'll give anything a try.
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    starfish_17starfish_17 Posts: 226 Trailblazer
    Belle, you can never be in anyones shadow, you are one of the strongest people i know! x
  • Options
    Esme17 wrote: »

Belle, you can never be in anyones shadow, you are one of the strongest people i know! x

I don't feel strong now. I feel sicky
  • Options
    This morning I gave the brussels sprouts to my hairy monster to eat. Dogs eat anything, so no probs I thought, let's tip the lot in with his meaty dins. Tonight he farts. OMG! And now he's wagging his tail so happy to have gassed everyone.

Never give a dog sprouts.:impissed:
  • Options
    @Mirabelle Hope you're okay :heart::heart:
  • Options
    @Mirabelle Hope you're okay :heart::heart:

To be honest, I am not okay. But I thank you just for being so caring. :heart:
  • Options
    starfish_17starfish_17 Posts: 226 Trailblazer
    Hour long power cuts when in the middle of a film are so not fun!!!
  • Options
    Esme17 wrote: »
    Hour long power cuts when in the middle of a film are so not fun!!!

But I'm sure you'll be able to see it again!
    Glad you got your power back though!

We need a lightbulb emoji
  • Options
    CharlotteCharlotte Posts: 229 Trailblazer
    Arggg school
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    This morning our kitchen - no - my kitchen was on its head. Looked like a tip
    Jules left a floordrobe.
    Garage was leaking like a sieve. I fired a new sheet of tarmac roll patch it up, but got soaked.
  • Options
    'X' called in sick again so having to stay at work late AGAIN
  • Options
    So 19 guests at the hotel i work at all have the norovirus :crying::crying: i dont wanna get ill!!! feel bad though as half of the men were meant to go home today but couldnt.. guess its time to double up on my vitamins! also washed my hands so many times today theyre starting to crack and bleed :(:(
  • Options
    So 19 guests at the hotel i work at all have the norovirus :crying::crying: i dont wanna get ill!!! feel bad though as half of the men were meant to go home today but couldnt.. guess its time to double up on my vitamins! also washed my hands so many times today theyre starting to crack and bleed :(:(

You must rub moisturiser into your hands, Bubbles! Aveeno is very good and it's reasonably cheap. It's lovely as we have hard water here. I'm sorry your place of work has the norovirus, but only soap and water (washed for at least 20 seconds, according to a cruise ship I was on) would keep you from getting the virus, and wear plastic gloves if poss.
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,617 Legendary Poster

Eww, I hope you don't catch that horrible thing!! Keep washing those hands but yes moisturise them as well x.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Our Canadian friend is getting storm battered in New Brunswick with 70 mph winds getting worse and bring a forecasted 45 cm snow. Temperatures are already subzero with dangerous windchill, and another power outage. She is in a terrible state. I'm so worried for her!:(
  • Options
    @Mirabelle[/USER] [USER="95994"]independent_ thanks guys! been moisturizing today! got sent home from work though, almost fainted :crying: praying it isnt the norovirus and hopefully was just my meds... taken anti sickness stuff just incase, i can't afford anymore time off work :(
  • Options
    Gotta love being woken up by police at 5am, can't get back to sleep now ...
  • Options
    going to be coming off the boards, and probably chat. confidental my ass.
  • Options
    going to be coming off the boards, and probably chat. confidental my ass.

You MUST pm Aife, @BubblesGoesBoo This is serious
  • Options
    Mirabelle wrote: »

You MUST pm Aife, @BubblesGoesBoo This is serious

the only way I can put a stop to it is if I come off the forums and chat...
  • Options

the only way I can put a stop to it is if I come off the forums and chat...

The Mix and get this sorted. Why should your tormenter be allowed to manipulate and control you? You have as much right to go the chats and the forum as anyone, and without having this hassle! Write to Aife and Mike.They will help you like they have helped me in the past.

Rant time. I asked the male nurse was he an equestrian vet in a previous life? He thumped my vaccine in so hard that I cried. He laughed. Bastard.
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,617 Legendary Poster
    I am so hurt and mad right now and I seriously am so sick of being spoken to like an idiot by people who are meant to be fucking supportive - i.e. teachers. Is it really any wonder I am ready to bloody leave!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    I am so hurt and mad right now and I seriously am so sick of being spoken to like an idiot by people who are meant to be fucking supportive - i.e. teachers. Is it really any wonder I am ready to bloody leave!

I had similar trouble with my school in Spain, but why some teachers act like they do seems very unprofessional, so how about you tell your mum rather than bottle it? It is hard, and I've been there. But much as you hate your school, your education like mine is very important! We've got to go through with it all cos exam qualifications are vital if we are to get a decent job. I home school, and my curriculum is very tough. They expect highly of me, and tonight I had five hours slog. And that is on top of the crap I've been going through

and it's freaking 12.55 am in the morning. :eek2: