Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Time for another ranty thread

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    "All or nothing" attitudes, also known as "If you're not 100% for us then you are clearly 100% against us".

The idea that if you generally or publicly support/favour a disadvantaged cause, community, way of life, belief etc but offer a degree of critical analysis or disagreement with any part of its principles then you are instantly seen by many as being 'part of the problem', bigoted, some form of '-ist', an oppressor etc.

Let's start with the obvious. Many of these legitimate '-ist' types of people do try to disguise their opinions as 'genuine debate'.

But not all. It's as if any perceived criticism or unsupportive comment is clear evidence of a much bigger and deeper anti-whatever prejudice that totally negates any supportive words, thoughts, actions you have displayed previously.

Holding a partially negative or critical view of something does not automatically make you the enemy or part of the problem.

Feeling slightly uncomfortable about an idea, way of life, social group, community etc does not automatically make you bigoted and more importantly does not necessarily mean you want it stopped, changed or banned.

Neither does not actively or militantly supporting a cause make you part of problem.

Rant over.....and breathe.
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Feel horrible, dad had his scan last night and they called us today to go into the clinic on Thursday.. they've found something and im dreading to find out what
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,648 Legendary Poster
    2 words - EXAM YEAR
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Just want to sleep, but my mind is running 100mph and there's no sign of a break
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    Can't cope, I can't keep up with whats going on around me, I'm distant, and ran out of prn and can't get anymore til Thursday now
  • Options
    Was 20 minutes late for my work placement (again) today because the bloody bus was late. Nice impression!

Then got stuck in a half hour traffic jam on the way home so didn't get home til almost 5 o'clock!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    So my manager walked out, apparently my team went on strike and now there's a big meeting about it tomorrow, so now we're mangerless and 7 people down, the stress is unreal
  • Options
    Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    My eyes are rugby ball shaped so I have to wear glasses FFS Old Mad
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • Options
    I should learn not to leave writing an essay until the night before it is due because guess what? If you get stuck there's no one who can help you😂 Ok, there's the evidence. I've learned that.
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,533 Skive's The Limit
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    At my mental health team appointment today I had to be checked by a metal detector in the waiting room and I nearly cried.
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
  • Options
    Grrrrrrr.....t[FONT=&quot]his idea certain people seem to have that if you're not 100% in favour of an idea/persecuted community/race/political party/issue etc then you're automatically it's enemy and 100% against it.

And being a minority or persecuted group does not mean it can't ever be wrong/mistaken, or can't act in a negative way.
    [/FONT]
  • Options
    Meggles wrote: »
    I hate how people who are unhappy think it's acceptable to hurt others and upset them for doing something they believe in

100% agree
  • Options
    I've been stuck in my house for the past 3 days... have only been out twice to the shop. I think, if I don't get out soon, that I might go just a little bit crazy.
  • Options
  • Options
    Meggles wrote: »
    Sliced my finger open on a tin can because I had lack of brain function today... It's been bleeding on and off for hours and in running out of plasters. Never stick fingers in Tins. Use a fork

Oh god that brings back memories of a couple of years ago when my sister did that on a tin of spaghetti hoops. Ended up in a hospital trip at 11pm. Scary stuff. Forks. They're needed!
  • Options
  • Options
    People... I can't be doing with people today.
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,533 Skive's The Limit
    I feel so fat
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    2 words - English Assessment! Need I say more?!
  • Options
    Aidan wrote: »

Nope I get that feeling 😂

Oh my god I'm so glad that is over!!
  • Options
    Meant to be getting ready for my pals birthday weekend but actually have zero motivation :(
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    My uterus doesn't know when to quit.
    my non-logical voice in my mind who's like a rubbish roommate is spouting on and on
    and i'm hungry :lol:

Happy Galloping :rainbow2:

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    Really hope the weather is better for when I go away :(
  • Options
    LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    Wow now I am really ducking peeeed off 😖
  • Options
    Lostsense wrote: »
    Wow now I am really ducking peeeed off 😖

what's up ? *hug*
  • Options
    LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl

what's up ? *hug*

My stupid brain 😖
  • Options
    Feeling very tired, hope to get an early night tonight!