Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Time for another ranty thread

Comments

• Options
    MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    Esme17 wrote: »

Thanks for that Belle. Its all good now, was just the other night but its been sorted. I am very grateful for what they have done for me and always will be :)

Esme x

I know you are. :)
    When your weather is dour and stormy affecting our mood, remember the sun is always behind the clouds and upon you it will shine soon.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Dixie left us. She'd written a letter and left it on the kitchen table. In a way I'm relieved she's gone now rather than later. Means less disharmony and upset.
  • Options
    Princesa wrote: »
    Dixie left us. She'd written a letter and left it on the kitchen table. In a way I'm relieved she's gone now rather than later. Means less disharmony and upset.

In fairness to Dixie, she left us finacial support which I feel was decent of her. She has a new life to look forward to and though I will sadly miss her, realise we have lives to make good and be supportive to each other. You have been so wonderful to me.

Christmas is never an easy time for family breakups, but I view Dixie's sudden departure a blessing. Rather than have stayed to cause grudges to fester, she's left, but been mindful in making sure my family will be taken care of. And I am grateful for that.
  • Options
    starfish_17starfish_17 Posts: 226 Trailblazer
    HATE HATE HATE being ill :(

Didnt get any sleep the other night and thought i was better today after a nice sleep. Just so tired and want to be better.
  • Options
    Esme17 wrote: »
    HATE HATE HATE being ill :(

Didnt get any sleep the other night and thought i was better today after a nice sleep. Just so tired and want to be better.
    Jules is in the same boat. I so feel for the both of you. :(

The hospice warned that mummy could be looking and sounding seemingly well this Friday when she comes home for Christmas, but next moment she could pass away on us. Sad that this may be, I know that coming home for Christmas to spend one's last days with her beloved family could make her feel like dying rather than miles away even if the hospice is such a beautiful place to be.

I'm crying, feeling so lost.
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,630 Legendary Poster
    So ready for it just to be Thursday. 10 straight weeks at school isn't good for anyone surely!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Jules sick again. :(
  • Options
    Mirabelle wrote: »
    Jules sick again. :(

:( hope shes feeling better soon!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options

:( hope shes feeling better soon!

Esme17 for your support. :)
  • Options
    Beware long rant.

Everyone is out and Jules away for 24 hours gone home to Majorca. Singing away to myself I've been making Christmas food in our kitchen, but uh-ohh can't open the top drawer to get essential cutlery and mixer equipment out. Something inside is preventing its opening. Everything that I want is in that drawer.

I set about unscrewing the bottom drawers all the way up to the top. That was hard work and my back hurts. Lean in, look up with torch. No way can I even get a flipping bendy thingy up inside to open that sodding drawer from the far end.

Only solution: remove kitchen worktop. Take everything off the worktop. Plus everything in the cuboards underneath - out. Pile the flipping lot on the carpet in the hall. Return to look with torch. Oh goody - the worktop is cinched into sliders screwed into the wall. I try to lift - no go! :banghead:

Getting demented by now I grab a slegehammer from garage. Swinging the heavy tool up under the worktop, it moves. But not enough. Return to get a jemmy and hammer, belting it between the crack in the wall and the workstop. Using all my strength I left the worktop but it splits, nasty screechy sound of shattered wood. Oh dear, just ruined an expensive wooden worktop. Swinging the sledgehammer up again, finally the worktop lifts. Bingo - can get to the top drawer's contents! :hyper:

Never, ever, put a wooden spoon in the top drawer thats already full. Or any drawer. Exhausted I return everything to its proper place. As for the kitchen worktop its knackered. I know I'm underage to drink, but a large gin and tonic seems rather tempting now.
  • Options
    Beware long rant.

Everyone is out and Jules away for 24 hours gone home to Majorca. Singing away to myself I've been making Christmas food in our kitchen, but uh-ohh can't open the top drawer to get essential cutlery and mixer equipment out. Something inside is preventing its opening. Everything that I want is in that drawer.

I set about unscrewing the bottom drawers all the way up to the top. That was hard work and my back hurts. Lean in, look up with torch. No way can I even get a flipping bendy thingy up inside to open that sodding drawer from the far end.

Only solution: remove kitchen worktop. Take everything off the worktop. Plus everything in the cuboards underneath - out. Pile the flipping lot on the carpet in the hall. Return to look with torch. Oh goody - the worktop is cinched into sliders screwed into the wall. I try to lift - no go! :banghead:

Getting demented by now I grab a slegehammer from garage. Swinging the heavy tool up under the worktop, it moves. But not enough. Return to get a jemmy and hammer, belting it between the crack in the wall and the workstop. Using all my strength I left the worktop but it splits, nasty screechy sound of shattered wood. Oh dear, just ruined an expensive wooden worktop. Swinging the sledgehammer up again, finally the worktop lifts. Bingo - can get to the top drawer's contents! :hyper:

Never, ever, put a wooden spoon in the top drawer thats already full. Or any drawer. Exhausted I return everything to its proper place. As for the kitchen worktop its knackered. I know I'm underage to drink, but a large gin and tonic seems rather tempting now.

Have that drink! That there ... is determination at its absolute finest!
  • Options

Have that drink! That there ... is determination at its absolute finest!

Thanks! I had the drink, but waited for aunty to come home. On seeing the state of the worktop, she laughed and hugged me. I'm so relieved as it's a dreaful mess. I suppose it's all part of life experience though.
  • Options

Thanks! I had the drink, but waited for aunty to come home. On seeing the state of the worktop, she laughed and hugged me. I'm so relieved as it's a dreaful mess. I suppose it's all part of life experience though.

It definitely is part of life experience. I can't think of any off the top of my head but I've definitely done things like that (I'm incredibly clumsy and have had 15 years of practice at that)!
  • Options

It definitely is part of life experience. I can't think of any off the top of my head but I've definitely done things like that (I'm incredibly clumsy and have had 15 years of practice at that)!

I'm clumsy too, and not the best at practical stuff. Since now I know how worktops are fixed in, tomorrow we're buying a walnut top and I'll shape it to fit. Mummy's coming tomorrow so I wouldn't want her to see how well I wrecked the previous 'top haha.
  • Options
    Mirabelle I'd had loved to have been there! Hahaha though I mustn't laugh.

You did brilliantly though. I'm so proud of you, but ignore Mum's forked tongue. She can't help herself. ;)
  • Options
    I'm due at the gym in an hour but I can't be bothered moving lol someone HELP ME!
  • Options
    I'm due at the gym in an hour but I can't be bothered moving lol someone HELP ME!

I'll get Santa's reindeers to put their hoofies under your bum. ;)
  • Options

I'll get Santa's reindeers to put their hoofies under your bum. ;)

Ha good idea!!

I went... and there were only 3 people at training... me and 2 others lol.
  • Options

Ha good idea!!

I went... and there were only 3 people at training... me and 2 others lol.

At least you did it! And now you have a loooong festive holiday! :thumb:

Jules' office is a pig's sty. Today I'm mucking it out!
  • Options

At least you did it! And now you have a loooong festive holiday! :thumb:

Jules' office is a pig's sty. Today I'm mucking it out!

WTF are you doin in my office? Much as I love you, you go clean your own blimmin sty. Haha omg you are priceless! :d

I've got to go out shopping again. Forgot the fakking cream. And we can't eat Christmas pud and mince pies without it.

I don't wanna go out. Too cold and damp. Outside is a bunch of fakking bliddy morons dredging supermarkets with their whining snotty kids and moronic fidget bloody spinners I wanna grab and shove up their -. As if the supermarket wasn't manic enough yesterday.:grump:
  • Options
    I've never spoken on here about this but...

I'm so so sick of the constant arguments between me, my sisters and my dad. My relationship with my dad has gone right down hill recently (and ditto my mum and sisters).

What is the polite thing to do when you upset someone?
    Apologise, mate. Freaking apologise.
  • Options

WTF are you doin in my office? Much as I love you, you go clean your own blimmin sty. Haha omg you are priceless! :d

I've got to go out shopping again. Forgot the fakking cream. And we can't eat Christmas pud and mince pies without it.

I don't wanna go out. Too cold and damp. Outside is a bunch of fakking bliddy morons dredging supermarkets with their whining snotty kids and moronic fidget bloody spinners I wanna grab and shove up their -. As if the supermarket wasn't manic enough yesterday.:grump:

What you, Jules? If you haven't noticed already, my bedroom is clean and tidy and been like it all week! As for your office, I use your laptop cos I haven't one of my own except the mac for my music, but I could hardly see it for the junk you have piled on it. Jolly Sanata you are. Do the jobs I ask you please and stop moaning your lot. Oh and buy a lifting thingy or I'll never haul the turkey in to the oven. Frickin thing did you have to buy one so big and heavy? XD

It's the season of the year, homies. Perfect for arguments and family furor, but lots of hugs and forgiveness too. Not to mention Cadbury's chocolate bottons. ;)
  • Options

What you, Jules? If you haven't noticed already, my bedroom is clean and tidy and been like it all week! As for your office, I use your laptop cos I haven't one of my own except the mac for my music, but I could hardly see it for the junk you have piled on it. Jolly Sanata you are. Do the jobs I ask you please and stop moaning your lot. Oh and buy a lifting thingy or I'll never haul the turkey in to the oven. Frickin thing did you have to buy one so big and heavy? XD

It's the season of the year, homies. Perfect for arguments and family furor, but lots of hugs and forgiveness too. Not to mention Cadbury's chocolate bottons. ;)

For your info, Piggly Wiggly, it was a Kelly Bronze turkey, a wild bird not a free range and it was half price for its 10kg size, a bargain.

I. Am.Done. for Christmas shopping. It was bonkers in town! :crazyeyes
  • Options

For your info, Piggly Wiggly, it was a Kelly Bronze turkey, a wild bird not a free range and it was half price for its 10kg size, a bargain.

I. Am.Done. for Christmas shopping. It was bonkers in town! :crazyeyes

Piggly Wiggly, is that my name now? I love it! :d

I forgive you, Sis. I didn't know you'd got it cheap though. That's very good value. But its too big for the microwave. That said, why not stuff it into the turkey's bum? Might still cook it, haha.
  • Options

Piggly Wiggly, is that my name now? I love it! :d

I forgive you, Sis. I didn't know you'd got it cheap though. That's very good value. But its too big for the microwave. That said, why not stuff it into the turkey's bum? Might still cook it, haha.

In the ideal world, stuffing a microwave up a turkey's bum sounds like great fun except the appliance might explode. Alas, we can't reverse the laws of physics!

Piggly Wiggly it is, then. ;)
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
  • Options
    s p ismails p ismail Deactivated Posts: 8 Confirmed not a robot
    Hi,

Independent_ I'm so sorry to hear this, it can be really tough dealing with issues at home, have you tried speaking to any of them about how you are feeling? Also, you have a family here at The Mix and know that you can come and talk to to us about anything you are dealing with :heart:

Meggles, oh goodness travelling during holiday is always a pain, it's always the worst when its crowded. Are you okay? Have you gone to get it checked out, I hope everything is okay

Always here to help
    Subira
  • Options
    The kitchen draw has stuck again. But this time I used Jules' jemmy more efficiently. The drawer's front gave no resistence when I jammed it in with a few cussed bangs with the hammer and wrenched it forward. It fell to the floor, but I leapt out the way.

New Year's res: Fix hinges to all the draw fronts, secured by a strong magnet. That will sort them buggers. :cool:
  • Options