Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Time for another ranty thread

Comments

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    Mirabelle wrote: »

I had similar trouble with my school in Spain, but why some teachers act like they do seems very unprofessional, so how about you tell your mum rather than bottle it? It is hard, and I've been there. But much as you hate your school, your education like mine is very important! We've got to go through with it all cos exam qualifications are vital if we are to get a decent job. I home school, and my curriculum is very tough. They expect highly of me, and tonight I had five hours slog. And that is on top of the crap I've been going through

and it's freaking 12.55 am in the morning. :eek2:

I told her last night and she was furious and wants to complain after yesterday. After all I cannot be the only one they speak to like that.

I had to seriously stop myself from just not going in today.

5 hours! That takes some serious dedication!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl

I told her last night and she was furious and wants to complain after yesterday. After all I cannot be the only one they speak to like that.

I had to seriously stop myself from just not going in today.

5 hours! That takes some serious dedication!

I'm glad you told your mum. She should complain in writing, (Jules is behind you on this, too), but don't be sweary in writing. Your mum could act further weight by writing to your school's board of governors. I'm glad you returned to school this morning. That shows toughness and strength of character, Jules said, and I'm super proud of you.

I'd let my homework pile up, so it was my fault. I was doing maths and calculus. Hate it.

Hopefully after your mum has written and got a reply, your teachers will start respecting and valuling you more. Not only as a student, but also for your good character. I wish you all the very best.
  • Options

I'm glad you told your mum. She should complain in writing, (Jules is behind you on this, too), but don't be sweary in writing. Your mum could act further weight by writing to your school's board of governors. I'm glad you returned to school this morning. That shows toughness and strength of character, Jules said, and I'm super proud of you.

I'd let my homework pile up, so it was my fault. I was doing maths and calculus. Hate it.

Hopefully after your mum has written and got a reply, your teachers will start respecting and valuling you more. Not only as a student, but also for your good character. I wish you all the very best.

I'm glad I told her too. To be honest I'm just ready for out of that place... I know it's only just passed Christmas but I'm gonna say it - HURRY UP CHRISTMAS 2018!! I can leave then!! I really want to get the grades good grades, but when you go to a school which puts health and wellbeing second that is more difficult.

I hope you and Jules are doing well!!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options

I'm glad I told her too. To be honest I'm just ready for out of that place... I know it's only just passed Christmas but I'm gonna say it - HURRY UP CHRISTMAS 2018!! I can leave then!! I really want to get the grades good grades, but when you go to a school which puts health and wellbeing second that is more difficult.

I hope you and Jules are doing well!!

Awww thank you for asking about Jules and me! We're so happy together!! :)

Would your mum consider having your schooled at home? Get your mum to look at this GOV.UK website: https://www.gov.uk/home-education Even for 'special needs' which I needed.

I was taken out of school because there was bullying, and as I was a scrapper, my bullies were getting hurt. Anyway, the new home schooling was the best that ever happened because the education standard is very high. My curriculum is excellent, though sometimes is hard like sodding maths. :razz:
  • Options

Awww thank you for asking about Jules and me! We're so happy together!! :)

Would your mum consider having your schooled at home? Get your mum to look at this GOV.UK website: https://www.gov.uk/home-education Even for 'special needs' which I needed.

I was taken out of school because there was bullying, and as I was a scrapper, my bullies were getting hurt. Anyway, the new home schooling was the best that ever happened because the education standard is very high. My curriculum is excellent, though sometimes is hard like sodding maths. :razz:

Sorry, but I made a grammatical error. I was never a school bully, but was removed from school for bashing the bullies. Since I have special needs, it was thought best if I was home schooled. I love home schooling because the education standard is excellent.
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    just realized ive booked the boat for the day after UHA... when theres no buses :crying::crying:
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    just realized ive booked the boat for the day after UHA... when theres no buses :crying::crying:

That's a bummer, but can you borrow a bike to cycle around?
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran

That's a bummer, but can you borrow a bike to cycle around?

nah its just to get to the ferry terminal, its about 25 mile away.. trying to find someone to give me a lift that wont still be drinking haha. UHA is our biggest festival of the year
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    One way of the other you'll get there, and I believe in you. :)

Rant time. The counsellor who visited today was crap. After talking myself nearly hoarse for twenty minutes telling her my life, I noticed she hadn't made any notes except doodling intricate designs on her A4 pad. And then she asked me to repeat my ordeal with my mother. Fucking unbelievable. I stormed out and took the dog for a walk.
  • Options

Rant time. The counsellor who visited today was crap. After talking myself nearly hoarse for twenty minutes telling her my life, I noticed she hadn't made any notes except doodling intricate designs on her A4 pad. And then she asked me to repeat my ordeal with my mother. Fucking unbelievable. I stormed out and took the dog for a walk.

Terrible. Just terrible. Good for you for leaving.
  • Options

Terrible. Just terrible. Good for you for leaving.

Thank you, and my family are behind me. But that lovely bereavement counsellor is returning. She was very good to me when my mother died and I believe there could still be a way forward if this counsellor could help me.
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru

I'm so sorry to hear that Belle :( That's reassuring to hear that the nice bereavement counsellor will be coming back, hope your session with her goes well. :)

All the best,

Aife
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    Thanks @Aife I'll just have to keep an open mind.

New rant.
    This morning I crossed swords with someone in the village we're moving to. The man was very rude suggesting I'll be as stuck up as my late mother. It was so unjustified. He doesn't even know me. But he got my wrath. I don't let anyone mess with me. I hope word gets round fast.
  • Options
    Anyone owning a board with Invision, do NOT convert to Zetaboards! A nasty bug caused our topic content to disappear and we lost 6,917 topics in our forum's Library! It's heartbreaking. Seven years of excellent data vanished into cyberspace and not one apology! :grump: Stay with Invision until Zeta staff address this problem on the support boards. If they do!
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The way certain people would much rather believe you're bigoted about something than the possibility there might be more to what you're saying or when they haven't heard the full story.

On a different forum I commented that I strongly dislike overly-camp "screaming queen" behaviour. Naturally the 'homophobe' replies began almost immediately.

Not so. I equally dislike overly-macho 'lager lout' behaviour, to me both traits are unnecessary extremes and very much put-on. Even after explaining this it was generally already decided that I was a 'bigot' and 'anti-gay' :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Mandy woke crying. It's one of these nights. :(
  • Options
    When your cat is more photogenic than you....

What a beautiful pussycat. :heart::heart:
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    My leg hurts so bad that aunty gave me strong painkillers. I have juvenile idiopathic arthritis and it's not getting any better. :(
  • Options
    My school laptop is buggered and it's only a year old🤔🤔
  • Options
    My school laptop is buggered and it's only a year old🤔🤔

Ask mum to check the warranty on it. Your laptop shouldn't crap out like that. What make was it?

That reminds me to buy myself my own laptop. Jules' keyboard is about to get thrown down the stairs.
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Turns out it isn't the laptop, it's my account on said laptop and an issue for the techie guy at my school to sort for me.

@Meggles what is it with laptops today? They're all biffin' oot on us the day (great Scottish phrase for breaking btw)!
  • Options
    I feel rough tonight. Painkillers aren't working. :(
  • Options
    I feel rough tonight. Painkillers aren't working. :(

Aww I hope you feel better soon!!
  • Options

Aww I hope you feel better soon!!

Thank you dear friend. :)
  • Options
    The glands around my throat feel swollen . I feel rough :(
  • Options
    RayofhopeRayofhope Posts: 152 Helping Hand
    Hope your feeling better soon belle, there are lots of colds at the moment
    Life doesn’t require we be the best, only that we try our best
  • Options
    Rayofhope wrote: »
    Hope your feeling better soon belle, there are lots of colds at the moment

Kind of you to say thanks, but I had a bad night and only managed my 2 exams today. The cold never happened, which is something. :)
  • Options
    Last week, aunty urgently requested to change my pain meds, but they didn't arrive today. What's the doctor doing? Sitting on a pile of requests like a broody hen. Aunty came home from work specially, read the riot act to the doctor - a locum - and got my prescription. But what a fecking waste of time - and I've been in pain!