Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Vegetariaaaaaaan

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    kangoo wrote: »
    Well my point was that a situation like you first described was unlikely to manifest itself in everyday life, you then argued that the situation had happened to you recently, I pointed out that that wasn't true because the chicken wouldn't have gone in the bin had you not eaten it as your grandfather ate it.

I'm not really sure what to say because you keep changing your story.

Like I said, I wasn't talking about that particular situation. Someone said it was not a possible situation and I said it was, as it had happened to me, and would've gone into the bin had my grandad not eaten it.
    I hope you now know what to say.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    katralla wrote: »
    Funny how being a vegetarian pisses people off so. I turned veg as a kid to annoy my mother and it worked much better than my atheism.

Granted, there are people that give veggies a hard time being constantly asked to justify why you don't eat mat must get on your tits.

But there also plenty of veggies who love to remark how cruel we are, turn up their nose when we're eating meat and give us a hard time aswell.

I couldn't give a fuck. However any kid of mine can choose to be vegetarian as soon as they can afford the food and know how to cook for themselves.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I couldn't give a fuck either.
  • Options
    are grace and crying angel the same person?
  • Options
    are grace and crying angel the same person?

haha no, we're both just slightly argumentative vegetarians/vegans.
    why do you ask?
  • Options
    No, I am different, but still as angry when it comes to the killing of animals
    :-p
    There is more than one person who doesn't abuse animals in the world, we aren't all the same. *giggles*
    C-A xx
  • Options
    There is more than one person who doesn't abuse animals in the world, we aren't all the same.
    C-A xx

Im not a vegatarian and I don't abuse animals?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options

There is more than one person who doesn't abuse animals in the world, we aren't all the same. *giggles*
    C-A xx

Thats a bad statement to say me thinks :chin:
  • Options
    lol I was joking, but in my mind eating meat is abusing animals. no offence.
    C-A x
  • Options
    Abusing? really? wow...
  • Options
    Yea... like if you ate a child, even if you didn't kill it, it's still child abuse...
    C-A x
  • Options
    Yea... like if you ate a child, even if you didn't kill it, it's still child abuse...
    C-A x

Now thats a different matter..

I personally dont see whats wrong with it - meat seems more appealing than salad n hummus..however u spell that lol.
  • Options
    C-A x
    *claps* wow.. I am speechless at that post.

WE ARE DESIGNED TO EAT MEAT, therefore nothing is wrong with it, it is natural, see, it seems to be ok for a wuvey little furry tiger to sink it's teeth into a animal and rip its throat out and let it bleed a painful death, least what we do is humane.

Now here is a shocking revolation that will get people angry, shock horror I use to hunt, I ate what I hunted but I hunted none the less, I'd do it again, I'd go deer stalking, I support it, nothing wrong with it :)
  • Options
    How do you eat a child without killing it? Would you just nibble off a finger? I'm sure the tenderest child meat would require its death. Would it be like veal?

My boyfriend doesn't believe in plant abuse. They are living too, dontchaknow.
  • Options
    lmao.... well that's your choice, just like it's mine to not ruin the the lives of other living beings. Male, female, mammal, insect, vertabrate, invertabrate, gay, straight, fish, birds or anything else I haven't covered there!
    C-A xx
  • Options
    my name wrote: »
    How do you eat a child without killing it? Would you just nibble off a finger? I'm sure the tenderest child meat would require its death. Would it be like veal?

My boyfriend doesn't believe in plant abuse. They are living too, dontchaknow.

I ment someone else kills it. And yea, thats called fruitarianism- only eating nautrally fallen fruit it is a REAL thing.
    C-A x
  • Options
    lmao.... well that's your choice, just like it's mine to not ruin the the lives of other living beings. Male, female, mammal, insect, vertabrate, invertabrate, gay, straight, fish, birds or anything else I haven't covered there!
    C-A xx

....plants :p they are living and they even provide us with oxygen. :D
  • Options
    I ment someone else kills it. And yea, thats called fruitarianism- only eating nautrally fallen fruit it is a REAL thing.
    C-A x

I just ment he doesn't eat vegis as they are healthy... like a joke type of thing.
  • Options
    lol I was joking, but in my mind eating meat is abusing animals. no offence.
    C-A x

Killing an animal is not the same thing as animal abuse ffs. All living things die, how is not really that important to me. How they lived is of far greater concern.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    so you have NEVER ever stepped on a bug, killed a spider or an insect,

do you go around and release trapped flies from spider webs in your house? I hope so otherwise your supporting the abuse of flies from a spider in your home, it's like you letting someone eat a child in your home?
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »
    How they lived is of far greater concern.

:yes:

Particularly since a huge percentage of them wouldn't even be alive in the first place if it wasn't for people eating meat.
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote: »
    so you have NEVER ever stepped on a bug, killed a spider or an insect,

do you go around and release trapped flies from spider webs in your house? I hope so otherwise your supporting the abuse of flies from a spider in your home, it's like you letting someone eat a child in your home?

No, not really. I am not to interfere with nature, unless it concerns me. I won't touch or move spiders in my home, as they have a right to be there. But if somebody ate a child in my home, that has things to do with me, as they are every bit as intelligent as I am. However, who am I to question what people do and don't do in their own home? A spiders web is it's home, no matter where it is.

And when I step on an insect, and I know about it, I do a longer mediation session as an apology.
    C-A x
  • Options
    So a spider eating a fly is nature, but you accidentally stepping on a tiny insect is not? And humans doing WHAT THEY ARE BUILT FOR (see those pointy teeth near the front? They aren't for eating celery....) isn't natural either?
  • Options
    End of the day nouts gonna change, people will eat meat, some wont - pointless arguing about it, nothing will resolve.
  • Options
    who am I to question what people do and don't do in their own home?

this gets better and better, now you ARE condoning the eating of children in someone's own home?

is it ok for a lion or a tiger to eat a child then? that's nature,

Seriously, your argument is most illogical and filled with more holes than a Colander. I find it a wonder you believe them, your whole basic argument of eating meat is flawed on so many levels, I mean each to their own but wow... your a perfect spokeswoman for PETA, what a load of crap :p

I have to ask what makes it ok for an animal to eat meat but not us?
  • Options
    I never said it wasn't natural did I? It's perfectly natural to eat meat... but it is unnecessary, and we should of involved since the cave man era.
    C-A x
  • Options
    We may be built to eat meat, but we aren't designed to keep animals locked up and restricted the way we do. We are designed as huntergatherers, and until our society reverts back to that, I intend to remain vegetarian, to compensate.
    Also, vegetarianism is better for the environment than meateating, and at the moment, the environment needs all the help it can get.

Gx
  • Options
    grace wrote: »
    We may be built to eat meat, but we aren't designed to keep animals locked up and restricted the way we do. We are designed as huntergatherers, and until our society reverts back to that, I intend to remain vegetarian, to compensate.
    Also, vegetarianism is better for the environment than meateating, and at the moment, the environment needs all the help it can get.

Gx
    :yes:
    C-A x
  • Options
    We should have, but we haven't. I'm not saying vegetarianism isn't a valid option, but some people just don't want to. Saying that people who eat meat are abusing animals is bullshit. Most people I know would, if they could afford to, rather spend the extra money on making sure their meat is from a good source than buy cheap shit. I refuse to shop in Tesco or Asda purely on that basis. I don't care if it's cheaper, I'd rather make sure my chickens had a happy life, especially since they are being bred so I can eat them. Would you call it animal abuse to have a dog put down? No? Then why is the humane killing of animals in the meat industry abuse?

I am actually considering going temporarily veggie while I'm at uni because it's so much cheaper and I refuse to buy cheap meat because I know the likelihood of bad treatment is so much higher.
  • Options
    There is no way the human race will EVOLVE into vegitarians, Will not and Won't happen and FARMING meat is the only way in which we can sustain our numbers, either that or millions die of starvation, but hey, thats ok for millions to die of starvation if it saves a coutsy wootys little cow.

And DO NOT say oh but they dont have to eat meat to survive, there is no way on this earth this planet can survive and produce enough natural crops to support the numbers,

ETA, I have no problems with veggies, up to them but I find it Ironic that you lot put a higher value on an animals life than a humans, and do not say you