Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Vegetariaaaaaaan

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hellfire wrote: »
    I love you Manda,

C-A, I gave a very balanced arguement with lots of facts several pages back which you shat on and ignored, now I am being ageist? maybe I am but your a fucking fool.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ageism that is ageism. And, besides, you are the one arguing with the "fool" so what does that make you?
    C-A
  • Options
    Yes I have. I stressed early on that I didn't have anything against others eating meat.
    C-A x
    Except the part where you called us animal abusers.
  • Options
    WTF? you have nothing against people who eat meat, but yet you call them animal abusers, torturers, ignorant unevolved people who are as bad as paedophiles!

full of shit.
  • Options
    so are you.
    C-A x
  • Options
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ageism that is ageism. And, besides, you are the one arguing with the "fool" so what does that make you?
    C-A
    Bored as fuck
  • Options
    Anyway, I've had enough of this now. I can no longer sink to your level on uninteligence. Say what you may, but I am no longer to comment on this thread.
    C-A x
  • Options
    Ok
    Sooo....

Being killed and kept humanely...still being killed..check out my previous post.

This is a question on morals, a 12 year old is at the same level as an adult, we all have morals, regardless of age so I think your complaints are invalid.

Gx
  • Options
    so are you.
    C-A x

I'm rubber you are glue...
  • Options
    Anyway, I've had enough of this now. I can no longer sink to your level on uninteligence. Say what you may, but I am no longer to comment on this thread.
    C-A x

What has unintelligence got to do with anything? Just because I eat meat, doesn't mean that I am somehow less intelligent than someone who chooses to be a vegetarian.
  • Options
    so are you.
    C-A x
    Ok, a balanced argument for eating meat, one that is correct and cannot be argued with

The Human body has been designed to eat meat, our teeth, stomach and intestines are designed as omnivores, therefore we should eat meat, and enjoy it, it is lovely. If animals die because of it, so be it. and in the immortal words of Captain Ivan Drago "If he dies, he dies."

Ok. seriously, because of our genetic make up we should eat meat, the way we do it is a lot more humane than animal so that argument is flawed as well.

If we are animal abusers, so be it, least I am not an abuser of common sense.
  • Options
    If anyone fancies carrying on arguing about subjects other than meateating, what about doing it on another thread, this has degenerated into 'you're twelve, you know nothing' and just general insults, which I don't really think is the point of this thread.

C-A's and my views are as good as the next man's, regardless of age. Take it or leave it, but not because we're younger than you.

Sorry if this is patronising, it's not meant to be, I just couldn't phrase it better.

Gx
  • Options
    Hey, you lot started the idiotic we are animal abusers
  • Options
    C-A and grace - you are calling us ignorant and yet you refuse to acknowledge the fact that not all farmers and not everyone in the meat industry treats their animals in an inhumane way. That would be torture, and nobody in this thread would agree with treating animals in that way.

We are not saying you can't be veggie/vegan. If that's what works for you, good for you. I applaud you, I could never manage it even if I wanted to. But I don't, because I enjoy the food that my body is designed to be able to eat. If you don't want to eat it, that's fine, but just because I enjoy it does not mean I agree with the frankly disgusting practices of the people who mass-produce cheap meat. I don't buy cheap meat. I have said before in this thread that I would rather go without and that is true.

It isn't an issue of morals when we are all in agreement that we want the animals to have a happy life and a humane end. An animal who fatally hurts itself in its natural, wild, environment is going to die in a more painful and torturous way than an animal that is humanely killed for its meat. Death =/= torture. I am trying to be rational with you here but if you continue to treat me like I am inhuman for liking food that I AM DESIGNED TO BE ABLE TO EAT then I will be forced to think you are idiots. Nobody here has said you are stupid for not wanting to eat meat, yet you are calling us animal abusers because we do?

No, I don't know exactly how animals are killed, but I know that there are humane and inhumane ways of doing it and I choose the option that means they are killed in a humane and pain-free way. I choose to buy the option that means they are treated with respect because I know that they are being bred and killed for my benefit and I appreciate that. On the other hand, the vast, vast majority of the animals you are so vehemently trying to protect, rightly or wrongly, wouldn't even be alive in the first place if it wasn't for the meat industry.

And neither of you have answered my questions about whether you have pets/would have a dog put down even if it is "unnatural".

If you are going to choose to ignore rationality in favour of spouting biased opinions with no sources to back them up (and no, a vegan website does not count as a reliable source) then I will consider you ignorant. Find me a website that is not entirely focused on the vegan/veggie lifestyle which backs up your points and I will listen, but at the moment you really are sounding like PeTA sheep, and really, PeTA is one of the most deplorable organisations in the world.

P.S. Hellfire - stop with the ageism and stop acting high and mighty and like everyone should be eating meat. It is their choice if they don't want to and you are acting just like they are right now. You are fuelling their ignorance by calling them ignorant and stupid, you're just backing them back into their own corner and making them more defensive and less open to rationality.
  • Options
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/abuse

Killing an animal is treating it in a 'harmful or injurious way'

I don't see how you can argue with that.

Gx
  • Options
    How is eating something that is already dead abusing it?
  • Options
    grace wrote: »

Gx
    Harmful, no. Not if it's done properly. Ditto injurous. If the animal is killed humanely it is not abuse, sorry.
  • Options
    You may not be killing it directly, but you are paying for, and condoning it's death.

Gx
  • Options
    I do condone killing animals for food, IT IS NOT abuse, IT is done humanely and what the law governs as humane.
  • Options

Gx

I don't think anyone is. However, there are humane ways to kill an animal so it doesn't endure suffering.
  • Options
    You may not be killing it directly, but you are paying for, and condoning it's death.

Gx
    A death during which it suffers no pain.

By UK law, if an animal is killed and it suffers unnecessarily (granted, I will give you that unnecessary suffering is very arbritary and subject to interpretation) it is illegal and classed as animal abuse. For what it's worth, I don't think you can class an electric shock which probably feels like a pinprick to a cow is unnecessary suffering, particularly when it is dead within seconds. That is not abuse. Abuse is slitting its throat and letting it bleed to death. Even cutting a chicken's head off to kill it, I would not class as torture because the chicken dies immediately, although I would prefer more humane options.

And AGAIN you have ignored my pet questions.
  • Options
    Killing something is harming it, dont'cha think?
  • Options
    Killing something is harming it, dont'cha think?
    So...putting a dog to sleep - a process in which the dog suffers no pain at all - is harming it? Because it's dead?
  • Options
    Please don't twist my words.
    Damage limitation, that is what putting a dog down is.
  • Options
    Please don't twist my words.
    Damage limitation, that is what putting a dog down is.
    I'm not twisting your words. You said "killing something is harming it", not me.

The animals that are killed humanely feel no pain in the same way a dog being put to sleep feels no pain.
  • Options
    Like I said, damage limitation.

A healthy, well looked after chicken being killed in a humane manner is not damage limitation.

Gx
  • Options
    Like I said, damage limitation.

A healthy, well looked after chicken being killed in a humane manner is not damage limitation.

Gx
    Neither is it animal abuse. You have admitted that a dog being put down ina humane manner which causes it no pain is not animal abuse, so why is a chicken being killed in a humane manner which causes it no pain? Just because it's going to be cooked and eaten? Even though that's why it was bred in the first place?
  • Options
    I didn't 'admit' that a dog being put down was not animal abuse.

A healthy chicken being 'put down' is animal abuse, referring once again to the definition of abuse, it is harm or injury.

Gx
  • Options
    But it is not harm. Neither is it injury.

And really, your argument is now becoming largely illogical.
  • Options
    People Eat Tasty Animals.

What else is there to add?
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    People Eat Tasty Animals.

What else is there to add?

:lol: