Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Demonising fat people

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ricardo R wrote: »
    I hate fat people. Not because I'm concerned they're unhealthy, not because I think they can't control themselves etc, but very simply because I think they look absolutely disgusting to the point they make me feel sick. I find bulges of flab around waistlines, fat arses, double chins etc all disgusting, hence I would never want to be associated with them. Don't think this is exactly a rare attitude either, none of my social circles - where we're not the elite "pret set" but still a fairly good-looking bunch of people, have no fat people whatsoever, we wouldn't want to hang out with them.
    I hate you. I hate you I hate you I hate you.
  • Options
    I hate fat people. Not because I'm concerned they're unhealthy, not because I think they can't control themselves etc, but very simply because I think they look absolutely disgusting to the point they make me feel sick. I find bulges of flab around waistlines, fat arses, double chins etc all disgusting, hence I would never want to be associated with them. Don't think this is exactly a rare attitude either, none of my social circles - where we're not the elite "pret set" but still a fairly good-looking bunch of people, have no fat people whatsoever, we wouldn't want to hang out with them.

:lol:

Magnificent.
  • Options
    I can't be arsed with this anymore. Seriously, it is no wonder some people have eating disorders.
  • Options
    And I do feel offended that g angel probably wouldn't even like to look at me!

Consider it a lucky escape :D
  • Options
    go_away wrote: »
    Consider it a lucky escape :D

Watch it, you :razz:
  • Options

And I do feel offended that g angel probably wouldn't even like to look at me! :p

Heh - I wouldn't worry about it. I caught for the first time an episode of the OC a week or two ago. Christ, the women on that were, in general, just not physically attractive once you got past the pretty faces. They were all sooooooooooooo skinny. Not my thing either - give me a gym bunny, any day :)

*goes hunting for go_away or one of the fit-cross girls*

;):D

*go_away changes her name to run_away* :lol:
  • Options

You are ridiculously shallow. You really are pathetic.
  • Options
    Apologies for the hijack, but speaking of Crossfit, I had no idea there was a Crossfit London. They do a workout thing in Mile End every Weds, I'm intrigued (tis £5 for the session).
    *go_away changes her name to run_away*

Suddenly the thought of doing cardio doesn't seem that bad :D
  • Options

Now that is a terrible attitude IMO :no:

Are you Jomery in disguise?
  • Options
    go_away wrote: »
    Apologies for the hijack, but speaking of Crossfit, I had no idea there was a Crossfit London. They do a workout thing in Mile End every Weds, I'm intrigued (tis £5 for the session).

??? - I may tackle that in like 6 months or so. Those guys/girls are scary... But oh so hot... Was it Michelle you posted vids of before? *drooools*
  • Options
    I find it very difficult to make time for the gym as the hours I work and at uni are spread around the week and when you factor in travelling time (it takes me around an hour, an hour and a half just one way!) it's very difficult. Plus expensive! What we've been doing is getting to the gym at 11 and then going to my friend's house for a shower and lunch before lectures. Then 4 lectures and an hour and a half/2 hours travel back because it always takes longer on the way back and I'm not home until 8ish. On days I work I don't get home until 10:30, and I have uni on the following days so it's like I hardly get to see my boyfriend, even though we live together. Sundays and Mondays are my only free days, and I have to do the food shop, catch up on all the laundry etc.

Bugger this. Truth is I'm struggling to make time for everything and struggling doing a job AND uni AND commuting and I feel shit about myself, particulary since every other thread on here now is about food, weight, health, gym etc and I'm feeling sensitive about it and so every time there is a thread I take it a bit personally. And I do feel offended that g angel probably wouldn't even like to look at me! :p

Don't feel like that babes, we all get like that sometime, and I know the feeling of using all your time to get money and work and study etc done.. it really is horrible, and I know at the end of a shitty day or week like that, it's nice to just take whatever time you have to relax in the way that you find the best.

But what I'm trying to say is that if you can find a form of exercise you can enjoy, this can and will become part of your 'relaxation' if you know what I mean?

Good luck anyway, I'm sure you'll feel better.. and for the record, I've seen your pics plenty of times in the photo thread and I think you look perfectly fine, and would not describe you as 'fat' in a million years.
  • Options
    katchika wrote: »
    I can't be arsed with this anymore. Seriously, it is no wonder some people have eating disorders.

:yes: I love the way everyone is referring to bigger people as another species?. I have loads of huge mates, and tbh ive never really thought about it? I especially have never thought whether or not i want to "hang round" with people because of their size.

Attraction is a different story for me. But i cant understand people struggling to talk to people just because their "fat".
  • Options

Are you Jomery in disguise?

He isn't. I think the mods said a while ago the IPs weren't the same etc. Sadly, the attitude matches.

My boyfriend is a bit fluffy around the edges at the moment (I still think he's gorgeous). One of the reasons I started working out in Jan was to support him because that was when he was going to start his body for life thing - he started this Monday :rolleyes: :D
  • Options

Removed as was talking bollocks.
  • Options
    g_angel wrote: »
    Removed as was talking bollocks.

Yeah, he is the type of person who would be considered a snobby, pretentious cunt where I come from, and gives the other rich fuckers like you a bad name :D
  • Options
    Yeah, he is the type of person who would be considered a snobby, pretentious cunt where I come from, and gives the other rich fuckers like you a bad name :D

:lol::lol::lol:

Nicely said :thumb:

I was posting something about my views are at least based on a few strong points and Ricardo's post made them look positively saintly!
  • Options
    Right, I have to say something.

First of all, kudos to you guys who are supportive and understand.

Secondly, fuck you shallow wankers.

For some people it is SO hard loosing weight, you couldn't even start to believe.

For me, I am overweight yes, and yes, I have had a long term bf (SHOCK HORROR) but my issues are these:

1) Yes, it is genetic in my family

2) I DO exercise and have played many sports in my life

3) I rarely eat fast foods or drink alcohol

4) I have PCOS which doesn't help with weight and am on medication for epilepsy which also makes you gain weight.

I don't complain about being o/w. I know I am and I know I need to do something about it, and I am trying. I walk to and from work every day (about an hour added up), I have salad or sushi for lunch, always drink coke zero or water etc etc, but things are proving hard to budge.

And like someone said, it's no wonder people have eating disorders. Having some cunts like you in the world. It's no surprise. Do you have any idea how tempting it is to chuck my finger down my throat after eating, just to not get comments from people like you? We are not a different species ffs.

When you can see women's ribs is much less attractive than a bit of fat here and there.

Go drown in your shallow puddle.
  • Options
    DC85 wrote: »
    But i cant understand people struggling to talk to people just because their "fat".

Strange, isn't it. I can't understand it at all. I just feel so uncomfortable as they're effectively the physical antithesis of whatever I strive to be.

This is the most confusing aspect of my behaviour/thoughts/attitude towards 'fat' people - the rest I can justify.
  • Options
    Right, I have to say something.

First of all, kudos to you guys who are supportive and understand.

Secondly, fuck you shallow wankers.

For some people it is SO hard loosing weight, you couldn't even start to believe.

For me, I am overweight yes, and yes, I have had a long term bf (SHOCK HORROR) but my issues are these:

1) Yes, it is genetic in my family

2) I DO exercise and have played many sports in my life

3) I rarely eat fast foods or drink alcohol

4) I have PCOS which doesn't help with weight and am on medication for epilepsy which also makes you gain weight.

I don't complain about being o/w. I know I am and I know I need to do something about it, and I am trying. I walk to and from work every day (about an hour added up), I have salad or sushi for lunch, always drink coke zero or water etc etc, but things are proving hard to budge.

And like someone said, it's no wonder people have eating disorders. Having some cunts like you in the world. It's no surprise. Do you have any idea how tempting it is to chuck my finger down my throat after eating, just to not get comments from people like you? We are not a different species ffs.

When you can see women's ribs is much less attractive than a bit of fat here and there.

Go drown in your shallow puddle.

Personally I think there has only been one shallow post in this thread.

Also, just going on what you've written, I don't think you've actually read the entire thread. Maybe you have, but if so, I think you've missed half of what was written through the red mist.
  • Options
    Yes, there may have been, but that was a general rant to the whole world of shallow wankers :D
  • Options
    Don't feel like that babes, we all get like that sometime, and I know the feeling of using all your time to get money and work and study etc done.. it really is horrible, and I know at the end of a shitty day or week like that, it's nice to just take whatever time you have to relax in the way that you find the best.

But what I'm trying to say is that if you can find a form of exercise you can enjoy, this can and will become part of your 'relaxation' if you know what I mean?

Good luck anyway, I'm sure you'll feel better.. and for the record, I've seen your pics plenty of times in the photo thread and I think you look perfectly fine, and would not describe you as 'fat' in a million years.
    Thank you. I actually burst into tears after I read what Ricardo wrote and I don't know why I even give a toss what he thinks because he is such a nobody that he shouldn't even matter.

I found the exercise I like doing, it makes me feel on top of the world and I used to compete and everything. I've won medals in it. I can't do it at the moment. I own 2 boats and paddles and all the stuff but there is no proper water up her and nowhere to keep my boats. If there was, trust me I would be on the water all day.

As for photo threads, I don't post photos anymore because I feel like I am too fat to even post on here, let alone put up photos and besides I only ever show my face in photos.

I think I'm going to leave here for a while because my esteem with my appearance is rock bottom at the moment and this site really does not help in the slightest. I'm sat here in tears and I have to pull myself together and go to work.
  • Options
    g_angel wrote: »
    Personally I think there has only been one shallow post in this thread.

:yes:
  • Options
    DC85 wrote: »
    You are ridiculously shallow. You really are pathetic.
    Now hang on a second. I find fat people physically disgusting. I always have, I always will, and it's not exactly an unusual attitude. I can't help how I feel, telling people to "grow out of your shallow puddle" or whatever is useless, nothing can change my attitude, it's a simple physical dislike. Just like some people wouldn't want to hang around people with a strong BO stench.
  • Options
    Now hang on a second. I find fat people physically disgusting. I always have, I always will, and it's not exactly an unusual attitude. I can't help how I feel, telling people to "grow out of your shallow puddle" or whatever is useless, nothing can change my attitude, it's a simple physical dislike.

No, you hang on. Your quite simply a prick. You say shit like that to get a response outta people. Which you have done. You've made people cry.

Well done.
  • Options
    Yes, there may have been, but that was a general rant to the whole world of shallow wankers :D

Nothing wrong with a good rant here and there ;)
  • Options
    Now hang on a second. I find fat people physically disgusting. I always have, I always will, and it's not exactly an unusual attitude. I can't help how I feel, telling people to "grow out of your shallow puddle" or whatever is useless, nothing can change my attitude, it's a simple physical dislike. Just like some people wouldn't want to hang around people with a strong BO stench.

Being smelly is not the same as being fat you imbocile. Really mate, you really aren't even worth posting against, worthless.. you should come up the valleys and see how people react to people like you

RedofTheRose - I know what you're syaing to a certain extent, but the bottom line is in 99% of cases, weight gain = excess calories, weight loss = calorific deficit.

If you still aren't losing, you aren't burning enough calories to balance out what you're taking in ...
  • Options
    He's a pretty obvious character troll. And yet another thread has been twisted around to be about him.

He'll be sitting masturbating with glee.
  • Options
    Thank you. I actually burst into tears after I read what Ricardo wrote and I don't know why I even give a toss what he thinks because he is such a nobody that he shouldn't even matter.

I found the exercise I like doing, it makes me feel on top of the world and I used to compete and everything. I've won medals in it. I can't do it at the moment. I own 2 boats and paddles and all the stuff but there is no proper water up her and nowhere to keep my boats. If there was, trust me I would be on the water all day.

As for photo threads, I don't post photos anymore because I feel like I am too fat to even post on here, let alone put up photos and besides I only ever show my face in photos.

I think I'm going to leave here for a while because my esteem with my appearance is rock bottom at the moment and this site really does not help in the slightest. I'm sat here in tears and I have to pull myself together and go to work.

Wow. :(

But yes, you shouldn't let what people you don't even know get to you (as best you can, anyway). People on here unless known personally, ARE effectively nobody to each other and what they think (even what *I* think :lol: ) doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

Chin up girly :)
  • Options
    I'm a bit skinny and get the occasional comment but I don't think it's the SAME reaction people have when they see someone fat.. Neaither are healthy attitudes to have. As for me, I don't want to get fat, but if I did. I think I'd get over it. And for finding other people attractive, you never know a full body cuddle/fuck, until you've been with a fat man ;) Go On!
  • Options
    TBH I'd have to agree, these forums don't really help when there are so many threads with girls comparing their weights and obsessing about being fat.
This discussion has been closed.