Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hard drive to laptop hard drive

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I know its getting a pain in the ass with my posts but i found out theres a cable which connects a laptop hard drive to your pcs hard drive ive done this but bios wont detect either of the drivers i dont know what to do and the tech people aint in till tomororow and ive got till Monday evening...

Comments

• Options
    If both on the same IDE channel, one needs to be set to master, the other to slave.
  • Options
    i know that, but the thing is when i try to search for my Normal hard drive it comes back with nothing.. And likewise for the slave
  • Options
    Are they detected when in the BIOS?
  • Options
    when the dell hard drive is connencted - no they dont show up

Without dell hard drive connected - My normal hard drive shows up.
  • Options
    The drive is probably configured as 'cable select' rather than 'slave'.
  • Options
    So, erm what do i do?
  • Options
    move the jumpers
  • Options
    Erm, so that my little dell hard drive is the master one?

if so i cant becuase the System32 files are f***ed up, thats why im trying to acess it so i can get my files off before dell come and take it away...

If you want PM and ill give you my msn, it would be easyer for you to help me

Thanks
  • Options
    So set it to slave instead...
  • Options
    do you have a second IDE connection (for the cd?) you might be able to plug the laptop into that instead
  • Options
    CoolMe wrote:
    I know its getting a pain in the ass with my posts but i found out theres a cable which connects a laptop hard drive to your pcs hard drive ive done this but bios wont detect either of the drivers i dont know what to do and the tech people aint in till tomororow and ive got till Monday evening...

Would it not be easier to just use an extrernal one? Instead of connecting between two all the time.
    I dont know if it would be
  • Options
    mrbox99 wrote:
    Would it not be easier to just use an extrernal one? Instead of connecting between two all the time.
    I dont know if it would be

If you had taken much notice of my other posts, you would know that the Windows files on my dell hard drive are screwed and dell are coming to pick up that hard drive Tuesday.

Update:

Everything is fine, worked out how to fix it all, made another partition and sent the files across using MP3 :cool:
  • Options
    CoolMe wrote:
    If you had taken much notice of my other posts, you would know that the Windows files on my dell hard drive are screwed and dell are coming to pick up that hard drive Tuesday.

But this is the problem - everything goes into a new thread, without mentioning other issues. It's bloody hard work trying to keep up with your problems...
  • Options
    But this is the problem - everything goes into a new thread, without mentioning other issues. It's bloody hard work trying to keep up with your problems...

Okay then, when posting new threads with some relation to other threads i will quote it.

Happy?