Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Jobless Couple With 12 Children Are Given £500,00 House

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sofie wrote: »
    His medical condition does allow him to work.

But you said:
    we were forced to just live on mum's wage...

What happened to his redundancy money?
  • Options
    He got that several months before. (at various points he had tempoary jobs)

Anyway, back on topic:
    I can see why people would disagree but if i was being offered a nice house and loads of money (more than what i would get from working) then to be honest i would go for it !

As would most people.
  • Options
    What's right about it? They should work like the rest of us have to.

Tell us again how you were hard up, because your Dad could work but wasn't working and you don't think it's fair that you didn't get more state help?
  • Options
    Even if your mum was earning then that wouldn't affect his entitlement to JSA, as you can get it based on your NI contributions.

And if your mum's wage was that low, she'd have got housing benefit, it's not just paid to people on the dole.

If you don't claim what you're entitled to then it's nobody's fault but your own.
  • Options
    Sera wrote: »
    Heh, spelling tests, fantastic.

The thing is this is the 3rd family i've read about in as many moths who have had stupid numbers of children and regardless of weather they are on benefits or not they all have the most ridiculously stupid badly spelt names - there is clearly some correlation between an inability to have taste when choosing the names for your children and the need to fuck like rabbits.
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote: »
    there is clearly some correlation between an inability to have taste when choosing the names for your children and the need to fuck like rabbits.

:lol:
  • Options
    I hope their children don't turn out the same.
  • Options
    i think they should euthanase the children, then make them all live in a box in the thames.

Actually no. That would be too good for em!
  • Options
    Dont be so fucking stuck up !

I don't think Franki was being stuck up at all. Call me stuck up also if you want because I can see where she is coming from and completely agree with the comparison she made between that family and Rich.
  • Options
    i think they should euthanase the children, then make them all live in a box in the thames.

Actually no. That would be too good for em!
    It's Berkshire, they probably are in the Thames already at the moment!
  • Options
    squeal wrote: »
    I don't think Franki was being stuck up at all. Call me stuck up also if you want because I can see where she is coming from and completely agree with the comparison she made between that family and Rich.

I can't really.

The amount of snide, sneering remarks made in this thread makes me sick.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    I can't really.

The amount of snide, sneering remarks made in this thread makes me sick.

Are you saying you think she was being stuck up?

It's a touchy subject I know.
  • Options
    Are you saying you think she was being stuck up?

It's a touchy subject I know.

I'm not saying she's stuck up but she has used snide remarks like "scroungers" as have others in this thread. I suppose if you read filth you're going to spew it out afterwards. If you look beyond the shite of the first two paragraphs of that article and look at the figures then you'll see their actions are perfectly understandable. The guy packed shelves at ASDA ffs, it's hardly as if he was going up in the world. So what if they get help from the system, we should all be grateful we have it in the first place.
  • Options
    I've got an idea, how about we just turf them out on the street.

Some people on this thread make me sick. Look at the alternative, two homeless parents and twelve kids in care. And this coming from people who would usually support the concept of "family".

Fucking hypocritical or contradictory right wing policies are no basis for running a country.
  • Options
    I'm not saying she's stuck up but she has used snide remarks like "scroungers" as have others in this thread. I suppose if you read filth you're going to spew it out afterwards. If you look beyond the shite of the first two paragraphs of that article and look at the figures then you'll see their actions are perfectly understandable. The guy packed shelves at ASDA ffs, it's hardly as if he was going up in the world. So what if they get help from the system, we should all be grateful we have it in the first place.

Yeah I understand what you mean. They deserve what they got in all respect as any family deserves a roof over there head. If others were in their position they'd want the same and wouldn't be complaining. The only thing I disagree with is the fact of having 12 children knowing that you can't afford to look after then with your own money but continuing to have more.

I just think Franki was a little pissed by that fact that some people work hard and can't afford a house yet others do nothing and get given a £500k house, which i think is understandable to be a little annoyed by the fact.
  • Options
    The only thing I disagree with is the fact of having 12 children knowing that you can't afford to look after then with your own money but continuing to have more.

But that wasn't the case. She had 5 kids from a different marriage and had twins twice in the next one, you just don't plan these things. The father had a job, seen he could make more money being on benefits and went down that route. I don't think any person here can truthfully say they wouldn't do the same.
  • Options
    I said i would do the same i don't see a problem with it. I also said all those that have slated them wouldn't be complaining if they were in that position.
  • Options
    Yes, here I am. I couldn't resist the urge to comment on this story, so here goes. Doubtless some of you will already have typed words such as "heartless bastard" and "tabloid-reading fruitcake" into the Quick Reply box in advance. Still, I'll let rip with what I think...

"What a bunch of lazy fucking spongers". That was my initial reply when I read about this from a newspaper one of the guys at work had brought in. There was an astonishing number of swear words flying around the office. The Polish guys were even angrier than us Brits! What the hell have these people done to deserve a house that is worth half a million pounds? Most of us would have to work every hour that God sent and would still struggle to afford it. One of the guys said "they should get out of the house and make their own way in the world. If not, they can starve". I wouldn't go that far, but I still don't think they deserve that house.
  • Options
    *Waits for you to be slated* :p
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    Yes, here I am. I couldn't resist the urge to comment on this story, so here goes. Doubtless some of you will already have typed words such as "heartless bastard" and "tabloid-reading fruitcake" into the Quick Reply box in advance. Still, I'll let rip with what I think...

"What a bunch of lazy fucking spongers". That was my initial reply when I read about this from a newspaper one of the guys at work had brought in. There was an astonishing number of swear words flying around the office. The Polish guys were even angrier than us Brits! What the hell have these people done to deserve a house that is worth half a million pounds? Most of us would have to work every hour that God sent and would still struggle to afford it. One of the guys said "they should get out of the house and make their own way in the world. If not, they can starve". I wouldn't go that far, but I still don't think they deserve that house.

:D

Read the article Danny, then read the thread. Then come back with an argument worth debating.
  • Options
    Could you do me a favour, and not start a post trying to pre-empt everyone else's replies for once? It kinda reminds like the old phrase "I'm not a racist but...." Just write what you think, and defend your points if and when someone takes issue with it. :)
    I wouldn't go that far, but I still don't think they deserve that house.
    What house do you think they and their 12 kids deserve? Also, is it not a question of what they need, rather than what they deserve?
  • Options
    Read the article Danny, then read the thread. Then come back with an argument worth debating.
    Yerascrote, do I go around the P&D boards, patronising you like that? Nope. I defy you to recall one occasion when I have done. Treat others as you'd like to be treated, please.

However, I took your suggestion and read it again. I still feel exactly the same as I did before. It looks to me like they are taking taxpayers (which I am one) for a ride. This woman says that she was born to have children. Yep. And what about providing for these many kids? Nah, we'll just hive that job off to the state. I don't like their attitude at all - these kids aren't being taught about taking responsibilty for their own actions, for example. And I am not happy with that.
  • Options
    I don't like their attitude at all - these kids aren't being taught about taking responsibilty for their own actions, for example. And I am not happy with that.

How do you know they aren't? Mummy and Daddy may have brought the into the world but that isn't there fault it doesn't mean that they will now not be responsible for their actions just because there parents have 12 children and live in a house they haven't paid for. That's a ridiculous assumption to make.
  • Options
    How do you know they aren't? Mummy and Daddy may have brought the into the world but that isn't there fault...
    I see. Tell me, did the stork deliver all those babies by mistake? Were they actually meant for next door? Perhaps we should launch an inquiry into this...
    ...it doesn't mean that they will now not be responsible for their actions just because there parents have 12 children and live in a house they haven't paid for. That's a ridiculous assumption to make.
    If they manage to raise their kids to be socially responsible citizens, I'd be happy to admit I got it wrong.
  • Options
    I see. Tell me, did the stork deliver all those babies by mistake? Were they actually meant for next door? Perhaps we should launch an inquiry into this...

I was referring to the children when I said it wasn't there fault they were brought into the world. So take back your cocky sarcastic comment.
  • Options
    I was referring to the children when I said it wasn't there fault they were brought into the world. So take back your cocky sarcastic comment.
    Okay, so why would I want to blame the kids for being born? I don't think anybody would seriously suggest that this is self-inflicted. I have some sympathy for these kids, hard as it is for certain people here to believe that I could actually feel such a thing.
  • Options
    So based on the fact that the kids aren't to blame, what do you propose as a solution? Personally, I'd say they should be given a house big enough for all of them (which they have been), and they should have the income of one of the parents working supported (which they obviously haven't been, because they get less money when he's working than when he isn't - so this needs to be addressed).
  • Options
    I just think Franki was a little pissed by that fact that some people work hard and can't afford a house yet others do nothing and get given a £500k house, which i think is understandable to be a little annoyed by the fact.

Pretty much. And it was my initial reaction (largely because the fact that Rich lives in a bloody shoebox, when he works insane hours pretty much all the time, is a bit of a touchy subject around these parts...hell, even my dad (who earns upwards of £100k a year) can't afford to buy a house over here), but I do understand why they were given it. I also think that they should have been more responsible when they were having their kids. Fair enough, they had two sets of twins, but even 5 kids is a lot to handle, and you'd think that maybe once it got to 7, they might have stopped to wonder if they could realistically afford any more. I think they were being irresponsible, tbh.
  • Options
    Franki, to be fair, if your dad earns 100k a year he could easy peasy afford a house round here and a damn nice one too.

Of course he could probably get it cheaper elsewhere.
  • Options
    The only thing I disagree with is the fact of having 12 children knowing that you can't afford to look after then with your own money but continuing to have more.

:yes:

Agreed, but she has to remember that they don't own the house.
    (which they obviously haven't been, because they get less money when he's working than when he isn't - so this needs to be addressed).

Like it has already been suggested in this thread (by you I think?) the man (at least) could do with some sort training so that he can get a decent enough job that pays better money.