Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Jobless Couple With 12 Children Are Given £500,00 House

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Territt wrote: »
    not at the moment, myself and my girlfriend are waiting until we can afford to have children, not just having them and expect other people to pay for our problems

Why do you think your kids are going to be "problems"?
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote: »
    Why do you think your kids are going to be "problems"?

I know if i was to have kids at the moment it would make lots of money problems, we cant aford to have them at the moment, so we dont,
  • Options
    Because having children fulfils deep emotional needs in human beings? Just a guess, like.

I know i'm weird but i've never got this need to reproduce myself. I get the need to want to give a home to a child and to love and protect it - but for me personally it doesn't have to be my flesh and blood in order for me to love it (though try explaining this to the husband who thinks that he should have to pay for other peoples 'mistakes' - which is a lovely way to refer to a child don't you think).
  • Options
    not at the moment, myself and my girlfriend are waiting until we can afford to have children, not just having them and expect other people to pay for our problems

oh how considerate of you. what do you mean by 'problems' ?
  • Options
    I know if i was to have kids at the moment it would make lots of money problems, we cant aford to have them at the moment, so we dont,

If everyone waited until they could afford to have children, only the rich would have them. Some things are more important than money Territ. Maybe you'll learn that one day.
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote: »
    I know i'm weird but i've never got this need to reproduce myself. I get the need to want to give a home to a child and to love and protect it - but for me personally it doesn't have to be my flesh and blood in order for me to love it (though try explaining this to the husband who thinks that he should have to pay for other peoples 'mistakes' - which is a lovely way to refer to a child don't you think).

Everyone is different. Meh.
  • Options

Who said all humans have to feel the need to reproduce?

So Territt, when you do get enough money, you're going to pay for the delivery itself as well as the upbringing of the child?
  • Options
    If everyone waited until they could afford to have children, only the rich would have them. Some things are more important than money Territ. Maybe you'll learn that one day.

I totally agree with this but being able to feed and clothe and house yourself must come quite high up the list of priorities?
  • Options
    I totally agree with this but being able to feed and clothe and house yourself must come quite high up the list of priorities?

Indeed. Which is why we have social security benefits.
  • Options

Of course some things are more important then money, but having that many kids while you can’t support them is unfair one those of us that work hard, save and then have a family when we can support them,

And you don’t have to be rich to support a family,
  • Options
    Of course some things are more important then money, but having that many kids while you can’t support them is unfair one those of us that work hard, save and then have a family when we can support them,

I think this family are an example of that then.
  • Options

Why is it unfair? :confused:

It costs shit loads to bring up kids y'know.
  • Options
    I think this family are an example of that then.

I think this family as an example of why this country is going down hall, we support those to lazy to work and fuck over those that work hard, no wonder so many hard working people are leaving Briton
  • Options
    I think this family as an example of why this country is going down hall, we support those to lazy to work and fuck over those that work hard, no wonder so many hard working people are leaving Briton

i partly agree with that but i still dont think its their fault they are better off for not working.

the person who is writing that article sounds like a biased prat.
  • Options

Why shouldn't we support people? Society, see?

btw, lots of people aren't leaving Britain.
  • Options
    Why shouldn't we support people? Society, see?

btw, lots of people aren't leaving Britain.

lots of people are coming into britain
  • Options
    lots of people are coming into britain

Well, quite.
  • Options
    Why is it unfair? :confused:

It costs shit loads to bring up kids y'know.

I know it’s not cheap, but take the family next door to me, they have 6 kids, the mother is a house wife, the father works on the rail lines, his always worked, pays for his kids, pay for the house over their heads, his not a doctor or working in a high power job, we works repairing the rails ,
    Very long hours, very hard work, but he can support his family,

surly he shouldn’t then have to pay tax to support lazy little shits like this family?
  • Options
    I know it?s not cheap, but take the family next door to me, they have 6 kids, the mother is a house wife, the father works on the rail lines, his always worked, pays for his kids, pay for the house over their heads, his not a doctor or working in a high power job, we works repairing the rails ,
    Very long hours, very hard work, but he can support his family,

They get child benefit, maybe tax credits, maybe more benefits.
    surly he shouldn?t then have to pay tax to support lazy little shits like this family?

That's quite an assumption you're making there. Why shouldn't we support people? We all have a responsibility towards others. What would you do? Let 'em starve?
  • Options
    It's the politics of envy!
  • Options
    surly he shouldn’t then have to pay tax to support lazy little shits like this family?

Oh do fuck off territt. The man was packing shelves in ASDA, it's not likely he has many GCSE's never mind a degree. You really think this man can get a job that can support 12 kids? And remember, 5 are from another relationship (possibly abusive hence her taking the kids who knows?) and she had twins twice in the next relationship. Very much a case of extenuating circumstances, not everything is black and white territt.
  • Options
    That's quite an assumption you're making there. Why shouldn't we support people? We all have a responsibility towards others. What would you do? Let 'em starve?

why not let them starve, they have no reason not to work, they chose not to, why can’t we just choose not to give them handouts?
  • Options
    why not let them starve, they have no reason not to work, they chose not to, why can’t we just choose not to give them handouts?

You'd be willing to let kids starve?
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Oh do fuck off territt. The man was packing shelves in ASDA, it's not likely he has many GCSE's never mind a degree. You really think this man can get a job that can support 12 kids? And remember, 5 are from another relationship (possibly abusive hence her taking the kids who knows?) and she had twins twice in the next relationship. Very much a case of extenuating circumstances, not everything is black and white territt.

yeah but while packing shelves at asda, he could have looked for a better job, and been more likely to get it by showing he could work hard in a job, but he chose to give up work and live on other peoples money
  • Options
    yeah but while packing shelves at asda, he could have looked for a better job, and been more likely to get it by showing he could work hard in a job, but he chose to give up work and live on other peoples money

What do you know about real life Territ?
  • Options
    i know its easier to get a better job while working then just sitting at home,
  • Options

Like what exactly? if your working in ASDA stacking shelves i doubt its because you love the job because it motivates you.
  • Options

Looking out for a better job? You gotta be kidding, what qualifications does he have? People who pack shelves are hardly moving up in the world.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Looking out for a better job? You gotta be kidding, what qualifications does he have? People who pack shelves are hardly moving up in the world.

are you joking, working in supermarkets has to be the easist way to work up to management level, trust me, i worked in one for over 5 years
  • Options
    are you joking, working in supermarkets has to be the easist way to work up to management level, trust me, i worked in one for over 5 years

Not everyone has the skills it needs to be a manager, not everyone wants to be a manger. Territ, from what you've said on here before, you grew up in a very priviliged family. You know fuck all about the real world.