Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Yes @Dandelion. I can try! I know you want to finish by Christmas Eve because you have lots of other things to do. Once you have finished your report, you can spend unlimited time on TikTok! :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Hi @Jellyelephant

I'm good thank you. How was the walk around the park and town? :)

Your medications process sounds frustrating but I am glad you have them now!

Would it help if we talked the ADHD scales questionnaire through together?

Take your time. I will be here if you do want to talk about it :)

Best of luck with packing for your mums! Do you recommend watching the purge? :)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Yes @Dandelion. I can try! I know you want to finish by Christmas Eve because you have lots of other things to do. Once you have finished your report, you can spend unlimited time on TikTok! :)

Thanks @Laura_tigger82 I’m about half way through the 3rd section now so if I carry on I can probably be done by the end of tomorrow and have Christmas Eve off which would be nice. I guess I should use that to motivate me 😂
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,874 Extreme Poster
    Hi @Jellyelephant

I'm good thank you. How was the walk around the park and town? :)

Your medications process sounds frustrating but I am glad you have them now!

Would it help if we talked the ADHD scales questionnaire through together?

Take your time. I will be here if you do want to talk about it :)

Best of luck with packing for your mums! Do you recommend watching the purge? :)

glad you are well! Yes it was a nice walk i really enjoy seeing my friend and her little girl is so sweet bless her.

thanks for the offer but I am not in the mindset to do the questionnaire today. I might try later or tomorrow, I can do them I just dont want to look at them now because it stresses me lol

the purge is good if you like gory murder films lol
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • Options
    Indeed @Dandelion. You are on a roll! Look how far you have come with your report since yesterday morning :3

That's fair enough @Jellyelephant. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't the sometimes complex terminology as we could break the terminology down if needed.

In that case, only approach the questionnaire when you are feeling ready! There's no rush.

I'm glad you enjoyed your walk and the movie.

I'm more of a Disney fan but it is my family's kind of thing! =)
  • Options
    Indeed @Dandelion. You are on a roll! Look how far you have come with your report since yesterday morning :3

That's fair enough @Jellyelephant. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't the sometimes complex terminology as we could break the terminology down if needed.

In that case, only approach the questionnaire when you are feeling ready! There's no rush.

I'm glad you enjoyed your walk and the movie.

I'm more of a Disney fan but it is my family's kind of thing! =)

thank you i appreciate it.

nice whats your fave disney film? Are you up to much today?
  • Options
    You are welcome @Jellyelephant :)

Oh, there are lots of good Disney movies!

Whenever I am asked this question though I always opt for Toy Story / The Lion King :3

Do you like Disney?

Not up to much today, just listening to music mainly! :3
  • Options
    ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    @Laura_tigger82 what kind of music do you listen to?
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,500 Skive's The Limit
    I love Disney
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    😂😂 my dad came home and he’s confused about the card as well none of them can work it out, thinking I’ll either tell them it was us tonight or on their Christmas present from us I’ll write from Kirstie, Dom and the girls (which is the made up names we used) and then they’ll know it was us 😂
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Afternoon, how is everyone?
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Dandelion wrote: »
    😂😂 my dad came home and he’s confused about the card as well none of them can work it out, thinking I’ll either tell them it was us tonight or on their Christmas present from us I’ll write from Kirstie, Dom and the girls (which is the made up names we used) and then they’ll know it was us 😂

That’s so funny 😂
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Supernova wrote: »
    Afternoon, how is everyone?

Hey @Supernova could be better how are you?
  • Options
    @Apollo

I listen to a wide range of music :)

Anything ranging from Eminem and Bring Me the Horizon to Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift and some country music too. What do you like to listen to?

@Shaunie.

Aww yay! Which Disney film or programme is your favourite? :)

Can we help to make things better for you? And if so, how?

@Supernova

Good evening :) how are you?

@zaynab_5

I hope you have the best time with your grandparents :)

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,617 Legendary Poster
    Me and mum just made dinner together with glasses of gin. It was nice lol.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    That sounds lovely @independent_ :)

What was for dinner? :)
  • Options
    DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    I had an annoying thing that happened to me today?
  • Options
    Chilli and rice, we got the christmas shop in today but we hadn’t thought about dinner tonight so it was a bit of a last minute idea that turned out alright in the end lol.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Oh no @Durhamjaide :/

Sorry to hear that! Would you like to share what happened today?

That sounds lovely @independent_. I think that's the thing about this time of year, isn't it?

Everyone focuses on what to eat on Christmas day but there are days either side of that which tend to be forgotten about :3

It sounds like that made for a great time cooking with your mum though! :3

Honestly, I would be content with just cake but I'm not sure that's a balanced diet :p
  • Options
    I would also be happy with cake for dinner :lol: does anyone eat a balanced diet at Christmas anyways? I’m on chocolate now and might have a baileys in a bit.
  • Options
    I would also be happy with cake for dinner :lol: does anyone eat a balanced diet at Christmas anyways? I’m on chocolate now and might have a baileys in a bit.

i have malteasers lmao
  • Options
    Love your response @independent_ =)

Nah, the reality is that a balanced diet goes out the window at Christmas and it is about eating for enjoyment :p

Chocolate and baileys sound like the perfect Christmas balance to me ;)
  • Options
    ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    @Apollo

I listen to a wide range of music :)

Anything ranging from Eminem and Bring Me the Horizon to Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift and some country music too. What do you like to listen to?
    @Laura_tigger82 I listen to Daft Punk, Kero Kero Bonito and Mitski mostly, my older sister is really into Ed Sheeran so there are two of his albums that I know every song in cause she'd play them in the car, I think those albums were × and - but I'm not sure
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Good morning
  • Options
    Supernova wrote: »
    Good morning

morning supernova hows it going?
  • Options
    Morning
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,147 Part of The Furniture
    Morning ,

What’s everyone up to today - I’m taking my brother for his first jab later on and looking after my niece today.

No doubt I’ll get roped into help mum with all the wrapping later on as she worked last night and is working tomorrow night
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Millie2787 wrote: »
    Morning ,

What’s everyone up to today - I’m taking my brother for his first jab later on and looking after my niece today.

No doubt I’ll get roped into help mum with all the wrapping later on as she worked last night and is working tomorrow night

morning guys!

my sister is picking me up and we are driving to my mums for christmas today. Currently trying to make sure I havent forgotten anything when I was packing lol
  • Options
    I have to go to the shops with mum to get last minute bits of shopping, we’ve got a list of food we forgot to get and we need to stock up on wine.

I’ve just won £30 on the lottery lol so that can go towards something nice for Christmas Day.