Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What has made you feel happy and positive today?

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Bringing this thread back, today going for a bbq at my sisters house, spending the afternoon with family, having cuddles with small humans, and yummy food, in beautiful sunshine. Even if my face is a bit burnt.
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    Started reading again, really enjoying the book I'm currently reading, and re-discovered a tv series I watched a few years back- there's a new season out :D
  • Options
    Felt it was appropriate to post this quote from a book I'm reading -Flawed by Cecelia Ahern -

"When the lows are so immense, the victories are small. But they are there despite it. You just have to know them when you see them, little pockets of light and hope hidden away in darkness."
  • Options
    Realising that Monday is the start of six weeks on my anti depressants. Which for me is a massive step in the right direction. For the first time I am actually proud of myself.
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
  • Options
    Realising that Monday is the start of six weeks on my anti depressants. Which for me is a massive step in the right direction. For the first time I am actually proud of myself.

Well Done :thumb::d:)
  • Options
    apandav wrote: »

Well Done :thumb::d:)

Thank you so much. :)
  • Options
    I passed my first year of university :) so proud of my results and can't believe I got a distinction :D
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    I passed my first year of university :) so proud of my results and can't believe I got a distinction :D

Well Done Apandav! That's amazing and such a great achievement!
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    Just found out I passed my first year of University!! 2 A's, 2 B's and 2 C's :D
  • Options
    StephSteph Posts: 448 Listening Ear
    wooohooo congratulations Hann!
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,309 Part of The Furniture
    Hann wrote: »

Huge congratulations to both of you! :yippe: :yippe: :yippe:
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Congratulations @apandav[/USER] and [USER="68899"]Hann!
  • Options
    Hann wrote: »

Congrats Hann :)
  • Options
    Thanks Mike and Kate :)
  • Options
    Had a really lovely birthday today OuO and I got a few Disney teddies :P
  • Options
    Happy Birthday for Saturday Hann :birthday::birthday::birthday::birthday:
  • Options
    Went to my first comic con today, was very busy, and a lot of the time I felt uneasy with the amount of people around, but I braved through it
  • Options
    :thumb:That's great to hear Hann, hope you enjoyed it!
  • Options
    I'm feeling really proud of everything I've accomplished today :

1) Attended yoga class despite anxiety (although left early due to feeling unwell)
    2) Bought 3 friends (2 are twins) and my dads birthday presents and cards (all sorted now, except just awaiting a delivery :) )
    3) completed day 9 of headspace meditation
    4) made homemade chicken noodle soup for dinner
    5) visited my gran (although a short visit)
    6) the usual dishes and hanging out washing etc.
    7) day 3 of planking challenge (30s)

WOW that feels so good to write that, I feel very proud of myself - this is the most productive I've been in a long time and feel I've made positive steps today.

Also another thing that made me smile (and laugh lol) was my dog Amber - she snuck behind the TV to get her tennis ball - despite there being like 7 on the carpet (parents cleared out a lot of tennis balls from underneath the sofa yesterday - my dogs, she's obsessed). Then she starts nudging me to play with her and as annoying as it is, it made my day :)
  • Options
    I'm feeling really proud of everything I've accomplished today :

1) Attended yoga class despite anxiety (although left early due to feeling unwell)
    2) Bought 3 friends (2 are twins) and my dads birthday presents and cards (all sorted now, except just awaiting a delivery :) )
    3) completed day 9 of headspace meditation
    4) made homemade chicken noodle soup for dinner
    5) visited my gran (although a short visit)
    6) the usual dishes and hanging out washing etc.
    7) day 3 of planking challenge (30s)

WOW that feels so good to write that, I feel very proud of myself - this is the most productive I've been in a long time and feel I've made positive steps today.

Also another thing that made me smile (and laugh lol) was my dog Amber - she snuck behind the TV to get her tennis ball - despite there being like 7 on the carpet (parents cleared out a lot of tennis balls from underneath the sofa yesterday - my dogs, she's obsessed). Then she starts nudging me to play with her and as annoying as it is, it made my day :)

Well done apandav :heart:
  • Options
  • Options
    Waking up to the sunshine :)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey @*BananaMonkey*

This is a great thread idea.

The thing that has made me happiest today is my boyfriend moving in, and looking through old photos of childhood and graduation from last year. :)
  • Options
    Met one of my favourite Youtubers today in Manchester :D
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I had section 17 leave today with the ward manager, first time I've had leave since I moved hospitals over a month ago the doctor who section three'd me wrote me off all section 17 leave and the ward manager had to litrealy beg for my section 17. I had to eat two meals a day (they we're like baby portions)...But I managed it...for a week....So today we went into paperchase & tiger....it was super fun.
  • Options
    Was really low and sad this morning, coincidentally my friend text me asking to meet up , I said sorry I'm not feeling great. She said oh have you got the flu or something, I said no, I'm a depressed mess (in the moment). Reluctantly I agreed, and she came over to my house and we just spent the past 3 hours chatting. I'm feeling a lot better now and am more relaxed.
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    A text message from a friend thinking about me.
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    Recieving positive feedback from my manager at work and being able to leave work early
  • Options
    Left work yesterday, going Blackpool today 😀