Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What has made you feel happy and positive today?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm chuffed at the progress of my NVQ and having a piano to play again.
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Today I was praised at work and it made me feel valued for the first time in a very long time.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Today I was praised at work and it made me feel valued for the first time in a very long time.

That's really great news :)
  • Options
    apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion

Good to hear, you must be feeling proud! Well done you earned that praise :heart:
  • Options
    Nix wrote: »
    I'm chuffed at the progress of my NVQ and having a piano to play again.

That's great :) well done!
  • Options
    apandav wrote: »

Good to hear, you must be feeling proud! Well done you earned that praise :heart:

Thanks dude. :heart:

" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
  • Options
    I was sat at the top of the stairs just now because I heard my sister and nephew had arrived so I thought I should wave or something. Next thing, my nephew is literally trying to run up the stairs to me and has apparently been saying that he loves me all morning. He loves me and I love him with my absolute all. I'm going to prove that to everyone. He is my life and I would do absolutely all I can to protect him. I love that he still adores me, even though he doesn't see me as much at the moment. I don't care what anyone else says, I am a good auntie and I'm doing something right if he loves me like he does.
  • Options
    Just realised I'm actually smiling for once in a long time :)
  • Options
    Taking a walk in one of my favourite parks. Good to clear my head and appreciate the nature!
  • Options
    My positives for today:

Having a day out with my family, which was great fun.
    Having a delicious lunch.
    Not spending any of my money - an achievement for me haha.
  • Options
    Sophieis18 wrote: »
    My positives for today:

Welcome to TheSite,

Thanks for sharing your positive's

:heart:
  • Options
    Sophieis18 wrote: »
    My positives for today:

Welcome to TheSite,

Thanks for sharing your positive's

:heart:
  • Options
    My positive is since having wisdom tooth out last Saturday, I am starting to feel more myself. It feels nice not to have keep taking loads of strong pain relief.

• Options
    Just got back from ceramics group. I love it. It's so therapeutic. Also, it was just me and another girl today and we're both really quiet people, but when the leader went out to make us a drink, I initiated a conversation and we've both been chatting loads the whole time today. It's hard to admit that I'm proud of myself but I really am right now because I know how difficult I find it to talk to people I don't know but I made a real effort to try today.
  • Options
    Just got back from ceramics group. I love it. It's so therapeutic. Also, it was just me and another girl today and we're both really quiet people, but when the leader went out to make us a drink, I initiated a conversation and we've both been chatting loads the whole time today. It's hard to admit that I'm proud of myself but I really am right now because I know how difficult I find it to talk to people I don't know but I made a real effort to try today.

Happy for you and so proud of you. :heart:
  • Options
    Jenni and I got the base laid down on our tree house despite weather being sticky with humidity and me sweating like an 'og. I also overcame my morning crankiness quicker than expected, devouring 7 slices of hot buttered toast and toppings of choice, and a pot of black coffee besides.
  • Options
    Tattoooo! :hyper: I freakin' love it :d
  • Options
    Tattoooo! :hyper: I freakin' love it :d

Pictures!!
  • Options
    Hiccup wrote: »
    Pictures!!

I'll send you one elsewhere :)
  • Options

I'll send you one elsewhere :)

Okay :D
  • Options
    Had a bad start to the day, so I feel proud that I pushed myself to go for a walk. Obviously a bit of sunshine and fresh air did me some good- I feel a lot happier :)
  • Options
    Really glad to hear that apandav.

My positive for today is having a lovely walk to the park this afternoon in the sunshine with the children at work.
  • Options
    Finally getting better is my first, and then being able to start the pilates course - my back feels much better already!
  • Options
    plugitin wrote: »
    Finally getting better is my first, and then being able to start the pilates course - my back feels much better already!

This :heart:
  • Options
    Really glad to hear that apandav.

My positive for today is having a lovely walk to the park this afternoon in the sunshine with the children at work.

Sounds lovely *BananaMonkey*
  • Options
    Feeling all anxious and stressed about the day ahead whilst doing hair and it's like my cat realised so he jumped on to my knee, flopped down like a baby putting all of his trust in me because I had to hold him to stop him from falling off, and then nestled his head into the bit where elbow is. Cutest thing every :love:
  • Options
    I walked the dog and the cat came with us! :d

Then I came home and finished off a work project, sent the plans off and felt pleased they got accepted. And more £££ in the bank. :yum:
  • Options
    Coming up to two weeks on meds with no break. Proud of myself as those who know me know I dont do too well with my meds so this is a big achievement.
  • Options
    Proud of myself, for just getting on with the studying! Went to the library and had a very productive session :)
  • Options
    Sun is still shining and there's still some heat out there. Also saw a fantastic sunset :)