Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Davis: Multiculturalism is outdated.

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    There might, there might not be. And even when they are, they're not present all the time.

That's because "love" is the name for a process that occurs in the mind and body, so it can't be there all the time, only when you are going through the process.
    Love CANNOT be measured in any way, nor cannot be felt with your five senses.

Balls, it's a feeling and so can be felt. Jesus.
    To the places people know as other countries, no, you have not been without a passport or at least an ID card within the EU.

:rolleyes:
    Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.... Well well well, suddenly you are claiming a positive not a negative. Now I am the one claiming such feelings cannot be measured, and you claim they can.
    Well... off you go. Where's your evidence to support such claim?

Your own words -

You said you feel countries in the same place that you feel love.
    I'm saying that you appear to judge whether something exists or not solely based on your own feelings and perceptions. As if you were the ultimate decider of what exists or doesn't.

Exactly right. It's all I know. Of course I am, for me. If you want to convince me of something then I want proof, which is pretty sensible.
    If you were blind I guess you would argue that the planets and the stars don't exist, since you cannot see them.

Yep, that's what I would work off. I would happily go along with all the "sighted" people but would retain an element of doubt because it wasn't something i had experienced for myself.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    That's because "love" is the name for a process that occurs in the mind and body, so it can't be there all the time, only when you are going through the process.
    No it isn't. And yes, you can be in love for long periods of time without any physical manifestations whatsoever. Why are we even discussing this? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And what about curiosity? And what about pessimism? And what about a million other feelings? Do you claim they can be measured physically as well? LOL!

Look, regardless of what else might be being discussed on this thread, you have completely lost the plot regarding this issue. Please give it a rest, for your own sake if nothing else :rolleyes:

Balls, it's a feeling and so can be felt. Jesus.
    Not with the five senses it can't. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:
    What? You actually claim otherwise? Please enlighten us. Then, next, you can tell us how you don't believe taxes exist so you don't pay them either, despite being in work.

Am I right?

Your own words -

You said you feel countries in the same place that you feel love.
    Er... and what exactly does that have to do with anything?

Go on. Provide us with the evidence for this claim of yours. It's not a negative so it should be easy for you, right? How can you measure, say, sadness?

As above, you really are losing the plot mate. Going back to that bar fight analogy, you're well past having been knocked out. You're currently being given the kiss of life by the pub landlord while the paramedics arrive. Give it a rest.

Exactly right. It's all I know. Of course I am, for me. If you want to convince me of something then I want proof, which is pretty sensible.
    Fucking hell. And you were uttering the word 'loony' earlier? :lol:

Yep, that's what I would work off. I would happily go along with all the "sighted" people but would retain an element of doubt because it wasn't something i had experienced for myself.
    Oh dear dear dear...
  • Options
    No it isn't. And yes, you can be in love for long periods of time without any physical manifestations whatsoever. Why are we even discussing this?

No, you can't. Go away and learn how your body and mind work, then come back to me when you know what you are on about.
    And what about curiosity? And what about pessimism? And what about a million other feelings? Do you claim they can be measured physically as well? LOL!

Of course.
    Look, regardless of what else might be being discussed on this thread, you have completely lost the plot regarding this issue. Please give it a rest, for your own sake if nothing else

I agree to leave it alone, if only because it's a distraction from the main attraction.
    Not with the five senses it can't :rolleyes:

Feelings in your body are still feelings, and can still be meaured.
    What? You actually claim otherwise? Please enlighten us. Then, next, you can tell us how you don't believe taxes exist so you don't pay them either, despite being in work.

Pretty simple - I work for myself and tell no one what I earn.
    Go on. Provide us with the evidence for this claim of yours. It's not a negative so it should be easy for you, right? How can you measure, say, sadness?

in which person?
    Oh dear dear dear...

What is it now?
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    No, you can't. Go away and learn how your body and mind work, then come back to me when you know what you are on about.
    LOL. I know very much how the body and mind work.

You on the other hand don't appear to have a clue.

Of course.
    You're actually trolling aren't you? No one can be so detached from reality...

I agree to leave it alone, if only because it's a distraction from the main attraction.
    Wisest thing you've done so far.

Feelings in your body are still feelings, and can still be meaured.
    No. Certain feelings cannot be measured in any way of form (or than the rather imprecisise "a little" or "a lot"), and certainly can't be sensed with any of the five senses.

What does anger taste like?

Pretty simple - I work for myself and tell no one what I earn.
    Good luck with that.

And do you put your invisibility cloak when you travel to all your places you've been to? Or do you perhaps manage to persuade the airline check in person, security personnel at passport control, police, airplane attendants, and customs officers and police officers at the other end that countries don't really exist and therefore "they don't need to see your identification"? Jedi mind trick your way in and out of countries?

in which person?
    As if it mattered... :rolleyes:

In a random subject brought before you.
  • Options
    "David Davis, today said multiculturalism was "outdated", and that ethnic and religious minorities should respect "the British way of life"."

So he's saying less tolerance for differences will bring everyone together? :crazyeyes

AAAAAAAnd. He leads other adults that think like him? :banghead:
  • Options
    So he's saying less tolerance for differences will bring everyone together?

No
  • Options
    You on the other hand don't appear to have a clue.

Please tell me what thoughts are made of and I will bow to your superior knowledge. :rolleyes:
    You're actually trolling aren't you? No one can be so detached from reality...

>sigh<
    No. Certain feelings cannot be measured in any way of form (or than the rather imprecisise "a little" or "a lot"), and certainly can't be sensed with any of the five senses.

If they have no measurable qualities, then how do you know the difference? And yes, they can be sensed. Feelings can be felt, sights can be seen. Not that tricky is it?
    What does anger taste like?

For who?
    Good luck with that.

Thank you. it's a shame that more people don't do it, because rather than argue with those that "tax" you you could starve them of resources until they behave like adults.
    And do you put your invisibility cloak when you travel to all your places you've been to? Or do you perhaps manage to persuade the airline check in person, security personnel at passport control, police, airplane attendants, and customs officers and police officers at the other end that countries don't really exist and therefore "they don't need to see your identification"? Jedi mind trick your way in and out of countries?

Find out like I did.
    In a random subject brought before you.

Are you volunteering?