Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Daily Mail readers

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Rich Kid wrote:
    I'm not saying that all should be killed. All I'm saying is that some addicts might like to consider one big final free hit, and then its goodnight nurse, thats all.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you were against giving those in great pain near the end of their life this very treatment?
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Most are. They're parasites on society robbing and burglarising their way to another fix. They contribute nothing to society except problems.

Do you not think poverty is what might have driven someone to drugs?
  • Options
    Renzo wrote:
    Do you not think poverty is what might have driven someone to drugs?
    Then they should have considered the cost of drugs before they started! Typical left-wing approach, balme all of society's ills on "poverty" - we don't know the meaning of the word compared to some other countries!
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Then they should have considered the cost of drugs before they started! Typical left-wing approach, balme all of society's ills on "poverty" - we don't know the meaning of the word compared to some other countries!
    Hypocrite (n)

a person who pretends to be what he or she is not
    > hypocritical adj.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Typical left-wing approach, balme all of society's ills on "poverty" - we don't know the meaning of the word compared to some other countries!
    Poverty is not the sole cause of many problems, though it is a factor admittedly.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:

Some people here don't. There are still people living in absolute poverty though. Look at how many homeless people there are on the streets of every major city in the country.

It's true. Perhaps substance abuse is the only way people can escape the hell they are going through. Yes, maybe it gets worse if they become addicted but why are they doing it in the first place ay.
  • Options
    No doubt if they had enough cash to fund their drug abuse that would be fine, eh rich kid?
  • Options
    Renzo wrote:
    Some people here don't. There are still people living in absolute poverty though. Look at how many homeless people there are on the streets of every major city in the country.
    I agree. When I first went into London, and saw homeless people for the first time, it broke my heart. :(
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    I agree. When I first went into London, and saw homeless people for the first time, it broke my heart. :(

Indeed, it is rather sad.

No doubt Rich Kid would just want them killed though ay. :yeees:
  • Options
    Renzo wrote:

Thats not absolute poverty, they are not physically starving to death because no one will help them, there are safety nets there, granted they arent great but they are there.

We have NO absolute poverty like other countries have.
  • Options
    Renzo wrote:
    Indeed, it is rather sad. No doubt Rich Kid would just want them killed though ay. :yeees:
    So, everyone poor, everyone old, drug users, social workers, single mothers... you're all on Death Row! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Thats not absolute poverty, they are not physically starving to death because no one will help them, there are safety nets there, granted they arent great but they are there.

We have NO absolute poverty like other countries have.

True. But it's stll poverty and unacceptable.
  • Options
    Renzo wrote:
    True. But it's stll poverty and unacceptable.

Certainly, it is unacceptable, but to compare it to real hand to mouth Third World poverty is grossly misleading.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Certainly, it is unacceptable, but to compare it to real hand to mouth Third World poverty is grossly misleading.

I was just trying to tell Rich Kid that there is poverty in the UK. Though he might not have seen it in his stuck up country town.
  • Options
    The Chalfonts are rather lovely, I'm not sure they have poverty on a big scale no.
  • Options
    Rich Kid, if i'm not mistaken aren't you of the opinion that suicide is a one way ticket to hell?

Euthanasia for someone who is terminally ill is a no-no in your opinion, yet you condone giving a drug addict one final big hit to finish them off?

Doesn't the bible say that sucide is definitely against the rules of life?

I think it's us that should be praying for you!
  • Options
    Suicide, murder or euthanasia are apparently okay so long as the person in question is a drug addict or a criminal.

But don't even think of allowing a sick person die with dignity, or terminate the development of a clump of cells growing inside a woman, because then you'd be hideous murderer who is going straight to hell.

Ain't that right RK?
  • Options
    Renzo wrote:
    No doubt Rich Kid would just want them killed though ay. :yeees:
    Another case of misrepresenting me, I did not say that I wanted homeless people killed!
    Its a shocking slur to make and is typical of you and your sort. An apology please.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    The Chalfonts are rather lovely, I'm not sure they have poverty on a big scale no.
    You're right, the Chalfonts are an oasis of beauty, tranquilty and money!
    "Poverty" is not a word you'd hear used in polite conversation over a gin & tonic.
    The conversation would more likely be about house prices, the new luxury car just bought, some investment opportunities, and where you're going for your 3rd foreign hoilday this year!
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    The conversation would more likely be about house prices, the new luxury car just bought, some investment opportunities, and where you're going for your 3rd foreign hoilday this year!
    If you're that rich, you have more money than brains. No wonder you read the Daily Mail AND take it seriously. :p
  • Options
    Regular reading of The Daily Mail has done me no harm, in fact its made me more open and appreciative of different people and their points of view. I now see the world in a different light and realise I was living in a very blinkered world before.
  • Options
    If reading the Daily Mosley has made you "more open and appreciative of different people and their points of view", I dread to think what you were like before :eek:
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Another case of misrepresenting me, I did not say that I wanted homeless people killed!
    Its a shocking slur to make and is typical of you and your sort. An apology please.

I don't see why I should apoligise to you.

All of your views offend me, and you are one of the most offensive users here.
  • Options
    Renzo wrote:
    I don't see why I should apoligise to you.
    All of your views offend me, and you are one of the most offensive users here.
    You may not agree with my views but I do not misrepresent what you say with lies and innuendo. An apology please, do the decent thing.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    You may not agree with my views but I do not misrepresent what you say with lies and innuendo. An apology please, do the decent thing.

Nope. :)

I'm glad I'm leaving the county in two weeks
  • Options
    rich_kid...you said you see things in a different manner now...well you've obviously not grasped the concept of empathy...probably one of the most important emotions to have if you want to be a good decent human...you're far far far from that...
  • Options
    Renzo wrote:
    Nope.
    Typical, misrepresent people, slur their good name with lies, it certainly says about you!!!!!
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Typical, misrepresent people, slur their good name with lies, it certainly says about you!!!!!

To be honest with views like yours I thought it would be hard to misrepresent your 19th century views.
  • Options
    The fact is several people get away misrepresenting my views and I've noticed that the site administrator does nothing to intervene - why I wonder?
  • Options
    Perhaps because you a nasty little person with horrible and intolerant views yourself.