Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Daily Mail readers

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    stargalaxy wrote:
    And what have you got against social workers? They do a pretty important job in this country!
    A whole industry has grown up based around social workers, they're a waste of time & money, the money could be saved or spent more wisely. Even our Police have become a "(social) Service" rather than the "Force" they once were, therein lies the nub of the problem!
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    The daily mail is crap RK.
    Thanks for your very well-considered and constructive contribution to the debate!
    No such thing, RK.
    Oh I'm just seeing mirages everyday am I? Or are you talking about on Planet Zog?
    I can't even read most newspapers
    Enrol for adult reading classes, you don't know what you're missing!
    and the mail has to be worse than the sun or star. At least they don't pretend to be anything more than comics for adults. And most importantly they have tits in. Naked women for teh win!
    The Daily Mail highlights the key issues that concern people - its a brilliant read and every day my life is enriched by it!
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Page 49 - Labour gives junkies free heroin on NHS
    Well what can you say about a story like that except - not surprised!!!!!

Did you want to explain to us why this is a bad idea, or do you actually know nothing about the issue?

(I'll give you another chance to answer it, just in case you missed it first time)
  • Options
    LOL.
    Enrol for adult reading classes, you don't know what you're missing!

Made me laugh, even if I think you are so far divorced from reality as to be all stations to barking. :thumb:
    Oh I'm just seeing mirages everyday am I

Please tell me the number of electrons associated with a "british" atom. Then we can see who is living in cloud cuckoo land.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    The Daily Mail highlights the key issues that concern people - its a brilliant read and every day my life is enriched by it!

That's because it's an intolerant Tory paper that hates a lot of people.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    A whole industry has grown up based around social workers, they're a waste of time & money, the money could be saved or spent more wisely. Even our Police have become a "(social) Service" rather than the "Force" they once were, therein lies the nub of the problem!
    No. I'm afraid you've fallen hook, line and sinker for the Mail's trickery on this one. Social workers do some essential duties, looking after the vulnerable, the elderly. Is that a waste of time and money? I suppose next you'll be telling me that the elderly are a waste too and should be killed? As for the police, what's made them useless was the Police Act in 1984 which stopped them from doing their duties effectively.
  • Options
    I'm against spending precious NHS resources on any drugs that feed an addicts habit, let them go cold turkey, they decided to start taking drugs in the first place let them come off them the hard way.

NHS resources are scarce as we all know and they should be spent on the elderly, cancer patients, children, in other words on deserving causes, not on those who have self-inflicted damage on themselves for their own obsessive selfish pleasure and thrills.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    I'm against spending precious NHS resources on any drugs that feed an addicts habit, let them go cold turkey, they decided to start taking drugs in the first place let them come off them the hard way.

NHS resources are scarce as we all know and they should be spent on the elderly, cancer patients, children, in other words on deserving causes, not on those who have self-inflicted damage on themselves for their own obsessive selfish pleasure and thrills.

And of course you know how little diamorphine costs and how much a problematic drug user costs to society per year?

Or do you know some magic way to rid us of a drug problem that no one's thought of before?
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    And of course you know how little diamorphine costs and how much a problematic drug user costs to society per year?

Or do you know some magic way to rid us of a drug problem that no one's thought of before?
    Bong sweetheart, don't addicts die or suffer severe organ failure if they come off cold turkey?
  • Options
    LOL

The "hard way" involves them breaking into your house and stealing your stuff.

You show no appreciation of what "addiction" really is. Imagine that you haven't eaten for days but if you do you will have the best orgasm of your life (if you ever have had one) and you might have the tiniest idea of what you are talking about,

Now imagine the shittiest you have ever felt and add that to the mix. Welcome to something like heroin addiction. Oh and lets not forget the poor bastards range of hallucinations - the toilet telling them to go buy drugs, "flashes" of drugs in front of the eyes yadda yadda.

As you have never even been hungry let alone starving I doubt you will get it though.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Bong sweetheart, don't addicts die or suffer severe organ failure if they come off cold turkey?

Erm, some do, though not heroin addicts. It is however an experience so unpleasant that continuing with a street addiction is more pleasuable, which says a bit if you ask me.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Thats interesting!
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    We've got a drug problem because obessive selfish people want personal gratification by taking drugs, knowing the dangers, but without any thought of the fact that society in general would then be expected to pick up the pieces at the end.
    Sorry, but there's a saying "make your bed, you lie in it" and its the same with these drug addicts. They got themselves into it purely for personal pleasure, they can come off themselves the hard way.
    Mind you I'd offer them one final FREE fix, a massive overdose that would send them out of this world on a high! It would save society a lot of money and give them the high of their life (and death!)
  • Options
    Do you know what the risks are RK?
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Sorry, but there's a saying "make your bed, you lie in it" and its the same with these drug addicts. They got themselves into it purely for personal pleasure, they can come off themselves the hard way.
    Mind you I'd offer them one final FREE fix, a massive overdose that would send them out of this world on a high! It would save society a lot of money and give them the high of their life (and death!)

Either;

A) you're some sort of bazzar nasty spite filled conservative

or

B) you're trying to be 'shocking' and failing miserably.
  • Options
    I'm sympathetic to the view that some drug users have only themselves to blame for their habit. But that would be some. There are others who are pushed into it, maybe by dealers or for more sinister reasons. I think people should only be given the chance to get better if they genuinely want to.

As for killing them by massive overdoses, that would effectiely be a form of legalised euthanasia. I take it you're in favour of living wills, then? (i.e. legalised euthanasia by the back door)
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    As for killing them by massive overdoses, that would effectiely be a form of legalised euthanasia. I take it you're in favour of living wills, then? (i.e. legalised euthanasia by the back door)

Well no, it would be the death penalty for those unfortunate enough to get addicted. Something clearly so barbaric any reasonable person would dismiss it out of hand.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Well no, it would be the death penalty for those unfortunate enough to get addicted. Something clearly so barbaric any reasonable person would dismiss it out of hand.
    If it suits both parties - the addict gets the final big hit - society gets rid of an addict/shoplitfer/burglar - fair deal.
    Its a win-win situation.
  • Options
    You nasty little hypocrite.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    If it suits both parties - the addict gets the final big hit - society gets rid of an addict/shoplitfer/burglar - fair deal.
    Its a win-win situation.

You are a complete bastard.

Not all addicts are criminals either.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    If it suits both parties - the addict gets the final big hit - society gets rid of an addict/shoplitfer/burglar - fair deal. Its a win-win situation.
    Is there any way we can get rid of conservative nutcases without killing them? Maybe put them in Guantanamo Bay with all those nice terrorists, so they can preach their views of hatred and intolerance amongst themselves... :p
  • Options
    Renzo wrote:
    Not all addicts are criminals either.
    Most are. They're parasites on society robbing and burglarising their way to another fix. They contribute nothing to society except problems.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Most are. They're parasites on society robbing and burglarising their way to another fix. They contribute nothing to society except problems.

So that justifies killing them?
  • Options
    twat wrote:
    some shit about addicts deserving death

You are a nasty little hypocrite.
  • Options
    You're so going to Hell Rich Kid :D
  • Options
    Wanker.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:

hmm what about the fact most homeless are on drugs, and a suprisingly high propertion of homeless people are ex army....

you do nothing sort out what causes people to turn to drugs, it isnt pleasure, its probably escapism normally from a miserable life
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Yes. I think another problem we face today is the rise of these scurrilous right-wing basket cases. They contribute nothing to any debate, except pointless scaremongering and their solutions to all our problems are either impossible to implement or have been dreamt up following the reading of dubious daily scribes.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    So that justifies killing them?
    I'm not saying that all should be killed. All I'm saying is that some addicts might like to consider one big final free hit, and then its goodnight nurse, thats all.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    I'm not saying that all should be killed. All I'm saying is that some addicts might like to consider one big final free hit, and then its goodnight nurse, thats all.
    You NASTY little hypocrite.