Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Daily Mail readers

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I take it people have seen the Daily Mail Headline Generator?

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/

:D
  • Options
    David Blunkett's latest policy:

"Pre-emptively convict airy-fairy liberals, and then send them to an offshore processing centre. And charge them for it."

Genius........
  • Options
    I love the Daily Mail, its Britains Greatest Daily Newspaper, plus of course the Mail on Sunday.
    I usually read them twice a day, once in the morning with my coffee and croissants, and again in the late afternoon with my toasted tea-cakes. Its only then that I feel that I know all I need to know this great country of ours and world events.
    I partucularly like the courageous way it highlights the key issues that concern people, issues that parties of the Left would like to sweep under the carpet or ignore.
    It taps into the pulse of the Nation on such matters as this government having lost control of our national borders and not having the slightest idea who is coming into the country, gypsies/travellers being encouraged by a Minister of the Crown to break local planning laws, the increases in street crime where the old & infirm are too scared to leave their homes, the yob culture with town centres being taken over by drunken thugs, oh the list just goes on and on. Thank God we've got a paper like the Daily Mail to stand up for normal decent law-abiding peoples rights.
    I call the Daily Mail, "The Sword of Truth" because it cuts through the lies and spin of this evil corrupt government.
  • Options
    Ibex wrote:
    I take it people have seen the Daily Mail Headline Generator?

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/

"COULD IMMIGRANTS INFECT HOMEOWNERS WITH AIDS?"

Class! :D
  • Options
    Oh I forgot to mention, I also read the Daily Mail on line.
    The Daily Express is also another good read I'd recommend to those of you on this forum who perhaps need to sharpen their appreciation of whats wrong with this once-great Nation of ours!
  • Options
    I do not know if it different now but I was once went to the Daily Amil site and there was practically nothing there, I assume they have entered the modern age now?
  • Options
    In one sense at least, i am sure they never will in the other sense..........
  • Options
    Toadborg wrote:
    I do not know if it different now but I was once went to the Daily Amil site and there was practically nothing there, I assume they have entered the modern age now?
    Worth a read!
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/dailymail/home.html?in_page_id=1766
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    I usually read them twice a day, once in the morning with my coffee and croissants, and again in the late afternoon with my toasted tea-cakes.

:lol: you keep getting worse and worse...keep it up...
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    I love the Daily Mail, its Britains Greatest Daily Newspaper, plus of course The Mail on Sunday. I call the Daily Mail, "The Sword of Truth" because it cuts through the lies and spin of this evil corrupt government.
    Let me make this clear. I'm no fan of this government. But a few hours ago, I had a read of Friday's edition of the Daily Mail. My god, this world is a scary place! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    His had often crossed the line. He'd recieved a lot more slack than most.

This is the thread that ended it all http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showthread.php?t=78445&page=1&pp=20&
    He got banned end of February? I'm obviously neglecting this site...

So, he was warned privately that he was heading for a fall with his rash behaviour. That's cool. I sometimes tried to get him to clarify his more extreme opinions with probing questions, in a non smartarsey way, I hope. I felt that was cool, too.

Telling him to 'fuck off and die', I thought, was not cool. So (and naming no names), to the extent that I accept Lukesh's ban as a necessity, I hope that any other private warnings given will lead to the same conclusion if they need to be repeated often enough. My preference is for no bans, but equal treatment foremost, and crude personal attacks kill reasoned debate, whoever the target is.

As I said, no names, and I hope no more bans are forthcoming, but I'm going to try to be a little quicker with the 'chill, dude!', if I see a slanging match developing from now on (is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's a wet blanket! :) ).
  • Options
    Uncle Joe wrote:
    He got banned end of February? I'm obviously neglecting this site...

So, he was warned privately that he was heading for a fall with his rash behaviour. That's cool. I sometimes tried to get him to clarify his more extreme opinions with probing questions, in a non smartarsey way, I hope. I felt that was cool, too.

Telling him to 'fuck off and die', I thought, was not cool. So (and naming no names), to the extent that I accept Lukesh's ban as a necessity, I hope that any other private warnings given will lead to the same conclusion if they need to be repeated often enough. My preference is for no bans, but equal treatment foremost, and crude personal attacks kill reasoned debate, whoever the target is.

As I said, no names, and I hope no more bans are forthcoming, but I'm going to try to be a little quicker with the 'chill, dude!', if I see a slanging match developing from now on (is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's a wet blanket! :) ).

i'm only after spending 15 mins re-reading the whole thread again and i know it wasn't good of most of us encouraging him to go further...the boy seriously had some problems like...i think the ban was good for him...maybe he's wisened up...who knows... :confused:
  • Options
    Interestingly enough, both myself and my wife grew up in households that had the Daily Mail - so we got it out of habit.

And then a few months ago I said to her "Do you know, this paper is bigoted load of campaign obsessed cack? We should get something else instead."

So now, we do. And we're both much happier for it!
  • Options
    I usually read them twice a day, once in the morning with my coffee and croissants, and again in the late afternoon with my toasted tea-cakes

Hahahahhaa, fucking classic.

Funniest thing ive read on the P&D board.
  • Options
    Nath wrote:
    So now, we do. And we're both much happier for it!
    Because you're now living in a fantasy world where you read the papers that avoid the real issues of the day - issues that concern the ordinary nornal man & woman in the street.
    Many others take your view by putting on blinkers or taking prozac, yes of course it makes the world appear calmer, but the price you pay is a loss of reality.

The Sword of Truth has the courage to face up to, and highlight the key issues such as loss of control over our national borders, gypsies/travellers breaking local planning laws with the connivance of 2-Jags John Prescott, failing NHS, etc etc.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    failing NHS
    In your wildest dreams.

Sadly for you, no matter how many times you make the claim, it doesn't make it any less of a lie.

You're going to have to think of something else to try to convince people of Labour's "failings".
  • Options
    So ONLY the mail addresses real issues. The Independent, Guardian and Torygraph are all fantasty are they?
  • Options
    Don't waste time trying to debate Fiend... a troll's only aim is to wind up and make bullshit statements, and when confronted with reasoned argument or asked to explain their statements they avoid the question and change the subject.
  • Options
    Just finished my coffee and croissants and feel better now that I've had my first reading of my favourite paper, the Daily Mail, The Sword of Truth.

Interesting story on page 23 headlined "Labour Man is Jailed for 3 Years Over Voting Scam".
    Apparently Moohammed Hussain used at least 233 postal votes to rig his re-election to Blackburn Council.

He had previously lost his seat to a Tory!!!!!! ;)

Ah well we'll probably read plenty of stories about Labour rigging postal votes over the coming weeks! Lying & cheating is second nature to Labour!
  • Options
    Oh well... at least when the Tories lose again you can tell yourself it was only because Labour cheated.

I'm sure that's what happened in 1997 and 2001 as well. :D
  • Options
    Just finished my coffee and croissants

hahahahaha.
  • Options
    Oh well... at least when the Tories lose again you can tell yourself it was only because Labour cheated.

You mean like you when Bush romps home? :D:D
  • Options
    If you're talking about 2000 he didn't exactly romp home did he... Putting aside the fact that he cheated, even if he hadn't the difference in votes was a few hundred... out of some 100m voters.

But then no fewer than 20,000 (mostly Democrat) black citizens were illegally prevented from voting in Florida. Had they been the Democrats would have won by a long, long mile.

I very much doubt we would ever see a similar situation here, regardless of whichever irregularities might be going on in Birmingham.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    It's a vile, repugnant, racist, homophobic, xenophobic, worthless piece of shit of a 'newspaper'.

It's an awesome paper. Not bias, tells stuff how it is.
  • Options
    It's an awesome paper. Not bias, tells stuff how it is.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Because you're now living in a fantasy world where you read the papers that avoid the real issues of the day - issues that concern the ordinary nornal man & woman in the street.
    Many others take your view by putting on blinkers or taking prozac, yes of course it makes the world appear calmer, but the price you pay is a loss of reality.

The Sword of Truth has the courage to face up to, and highlight the key issues such as loss of control over our national borders, gypsies/travellers breaking local planning laws with the connivance of 2-Jags John Prescott, failing NHS, etc etc.
    Not at all - it's because I'm now reading a paper that doesn't lose it's way when it doesn't have something to campaign against.

I have no problem with papers highlighting issues like national borders or travellers... but when they start campaigns against new drinking laws (big deal that turned out to be) they really need to just accept that there's no need to be anti something all of the time.
  • Options
    sensationalist journalism appeals to the same kind of mindless idiots who buy magazines like heat........fill your head with crap if you like RK, only don't expect to be taken seriously......stick around tho, you do make me laugh......any croissants left?.......
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    If you're talking about 2000 he didn't exactly romp home did he... Putting aside the fact that he cheated, even if he hadn't the difference in votes was a few hundred... out of some 100m voters.

But then no fewer than 20,000 (mostly Democrat) black citizens were illegally prevented from voting in Florida. Had they been the Democrats would have won by a long, long mile.

I very much doubt we would ever see a similar situation here, regardless of whichever irregularities might be going on in Birmingham.

Step out of this fantasy world Aladdin, you have been watching to much X Files and it appears you can no longer differentiate between entertainment and reality, conspiracy and fact. This type of infatuation with obscure delusional nonsense is bad for your health. With an election in England quickly approaching on May 5th do you not think we should concentrate on the "public scandal" concerning Labour MP's who set up a "vote-rigging factory" doctoring hundreds - possibly thousands of postal votes in a carefully premeditated scheme that would "disgrace a banana republic"? Aside from actually having proof of this, ex-councillor Muhammed Hussain has just been jailed and unsurprisingly we here hardly a word about this shameful state of affairs. Might that be because the Labour vote-riggers were all Asian?
  • Options
    Aside from actually having proof of this, ex-councillor Muhammed Hussain has just been jailed and unsurprisingly we here hardly a word about this shameful state of affairs. Might that be because the Labour vote-riggers were all Asian?
    Shhh! Don't be racist!

Instead, celebrate diverse and vibrant electoral practices.
  • Options
    With an election in England quickly approaching on May 5th do you not think we should concentrate on the "public scandal" concerning Labour MP's who set up a "vote-rigging factory" doctoring hundreds - possibly thousands of postal votes in a carefully premeditated scheme that would "disgrace a banana republic"? Aside from actually having proof of this, ex-councillor Muhammed Hussain has just been jailed and unsurprisingly we here hardly a word about this shameful state of affairs. Might that be because the Labour vote-riggers were all Asian?
    You are so right Born Slippy. I haven't heard Phoney Blair or Gordon Brown, indeed any senior party member say a word on this disgraceful episode but I suppose its par for the course with this motley crew of shysters.
    Fraud, lies and spin is all Labour are good for.
    The MGRover situation caused Phoney's heart to miss a beat when he relaised there were 10 midland maginals at risk hence his sudden dash to show some of his false insincere sympathy to the poor workers who will be losing their jobs!
    Phoney was overheard saying to his chauffeur, "Take me to MGRover at Oxford at once my man."
    "Sorry guv," came the reply, "MGRover is in Birmingham!"
    I like a leader that is at one with his people in their hour of need! Perhaps he can put of the soon-to-be jobless workers up in his £3.5 million mansion in London!